Sam LaPorta (Iowa TE) -- DRAFTED BY DETROIT #34

91defense

I haven't followed many of the mock draft threads. It's just too much to take in. I usually like to wait for the draft, and then analyze the players we chose. 

Anyhoo... has there been any chatter about taking a TE? It's a stacked class, and I was wondering if it could work for the Eagles. They haven't had much success with slot WRs, so maybe you have the big two on the outside, use Goedert and another TE (sometimes one in the slot), and add to the blocking for the RPO while maintaining 4 legitimate threats in the receiving game. 

Obviously this wouldn't be with the 1.10, but maybe with a late first or second round pick.

Depends on how much they like Calcaterra I suppose. I wouldn't grab one high though.

11 minutes ago, judunno said:

Depends on how much they like Calcaterra I suppose. I wouldn't grab one high though.

Yes, that's the flaw in my logic. Calcaterra is brand new. I personally think LaPorta has a shot at being a great TE and I'd be happy taking him with a late 2nd. 

I think the other TEs like Musgrave and Washington are too risky, especially considering it isn't necessarily a team need.