First 9 picks…

Ray75

image.gif.7f928778651b4922c320e8347594fe75.gif

No, not another mock draft. A top 9 prediction if you will…

This is how I can see the first 9 selections unfold next Thursday night.

1) Panthers - Bryce Young, QB Alabama;

2. Texans - Will Anderson Jr., EDGE Alabama;

3. Raiders - C.J. Stroud, QB Ohio State (trade with Cardinals)

4. Colts - Will Levis, QB Kentucky

5. Seahawks - Jalen Carter, DT Georgia

6. Lions, Tyree Wilson, EDGE Texas Tech

7. Cardinals- Christian Gonzalez, CB Oregon (trade with Raiders)

8. Falcons - Anthony Richardson, QB Florida

9. Bears - Paris Johnson Jr., OT Ohio State

BPA’s @ #10;

Bijan Robinson, Peter Skoronski, Broderick Jones, Lukas van Ness, Davon Witherspoon, Nolan Smith, Myles Murphy…

What to do?! We’ll know in 4 days…

No question at all. There's one special guy who stands far above the otheres - Bijan Robinson. 

But - withthese guys left on the board odds are Howie trades back to between 13 and 16. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

No question at all. There's one special guy who stands far above the otheres - Bijan Robinson. 

But - withthese guys left on the board odds are Howie trades back to between 13 and 16. 

Agreed…he could slide back 5-7 spots and still come up with one of these guys.

Personally I’m hoping Carter gets past the Seahawks and Lions and Howie trades up to get him…

But if it plays out like I think it will, I want them to trade down a couple of spots and I hope they come up with van Ness, Smith or Murphy.

Don’t get me wrong! I love Bijan but I’m also in the camp of "not drafting runningbacks in the first”. Seen some true stud RB’s go first round the last couple of decades but none have brought the teams that drafted them a title. So I’m all for addressing either the OL or DL.

• Like 2

Peter Skoronski we lost two talented olinemen this offseason we go with one of the top linemen in the draft to replenish the well

12 hours ago, Ray75 said:

image.gif.7ddf3b8d9889a48f2460c35ec9dc9930.gif

No, not another mock draft. A top 9 prediction if you will…

This is how I can see the first 9 selections unfold next Thursday night.

1) Panthers - Bryce Young, QB Alabama;

2. Texans - Will Anderson Jr., EDGE Alabama;

3. Raiders - C.J. Stroud, QB Ohio State (trade with Cardinals)

4. Colts - Will Levis, QB Kentucky

5. Seahawks - Jalen Carter, DT Georgia

6. Lions, Tyree Wilson, EDGE Texas Tech

7. Cardinals- Christian Gonzalez, CB Oregon (trade with Raiders)

8. Falcons - Anthony Richardson, QB Florida

9. Bears - Paris Johnson Jr., OT Ohio State

BPA’s @ #10;

Bijan Robinson, Peter Skoronski, Broderick Jones, Lukas van Ness, Davon Witherspoon, Nolan Smith, Myles Murphy…

What to do?! We’ll know in 5 days…

Interesting that you have the Texans passing on a QB here. Despite DeMeco Ryans being a former DC turned HC, I think they go with a QB here unless they pull off a trade for Trey Lance or something.

28 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Interesting that you have the Texans passing on a QB here. Despite DeMeco Ryans being a former DC turned HC, I think they go with a QB here unless they pull off a trade for Trey Lance or something.

Taken latest rumours and news into account when doing this exercise like Texans not sold on QB’s if Young is off the board, Raiders and Falcons interest in QB’s, Colts liking Levis etc. Could be all smokescreen though..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Peter Skoronski we lost two talented olinemen this offseason we go with one of the top linemen in the draft to replenish the well

That wouldn’t surprise me one bit…

Eagles have been looking extensively at O-linemen. Skoronski is the best of them. Only knock on him are his short arms. Worst case scenario is that you draft an outstanding guard and someone you could use as a swing tackle from time to time at 10.

20 minutes ago, Infam said:

If that‘s how it goes, and we can‘t trade up or down, I‘d take Witherspoon.

Nothing wrong with that, my friend! Love Witherspoon!!!

Could make a case for either one. It’s only a matter of value and position. My guess is that if they can’t trade out they  either take Nolan Smith, Lukas van Ness or Peter Skoronski. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Nothing wrong with that, my friend! Love Witherspoon!!!

Could make a case for either one. It’s only a matter of value and position. My guess is that if they can’t trade out they  either take Nolan Smith, Lukas van Ness or Peter Skoronski. 

Wouldn‘t hate any of them either.

I doubt it‘s Skoronski tbh. He‘s a guard and that‘s not enough positional value. If he was a RT with long arms I could see it.

He‘d be good for us at RG, that‘s not it. But in my mind, Roseman is all about value. He probably mumbles it in his sleep.

Witherspoon, Smith and even Van Ness sounds real to me, though tbh it feels like Van Ness at ten is a reach.

Another barely talked about option (after a trade back) is Smith-Njigba..

Super explosive slot and we have a tendency to draft offense if we can‘t get the top DL prospects.

1 hour ago, Infam said:

Wouldn‘t hate any of them either.

I doubt it‘s Skoronski tbh. He‘s a guard and that‘s not enough positional value. If he was a RT with long arms I could see it.

He‘d be good for us at RG, that‘s not it. But in my mind, Roseman is all about value. He probably mumbles it in his sleep.

Witherspoon, Smith and even Van Ness sounds real to me, though tbh it feels like Van Ness at ten is a reach.

Another barely talked about option (after a trade back) is Smith-Njigba..

Super explosive slot and we have a tendency to draft offense if we can‘t get the top DL prospects.

Can’t see the Eagles using another first round pick on a WR anytime soon.

In case of van Ness. I see a very strong kid with excellent work ethic and great character. He’s just a bit raw but IMO has all the talent and the tools to become a great pass rusher in the vein of Trey Hendrickson, Zach Allen, Aidan Hutchinson and even JJ Watt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Can’t see the Eagles using another first round pick on a WR anytime soon.

We had similar conversations before where you were sure we go defense and they kept going offense.. I think it‘s very possible.

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

In case of van Ness. I see a very strong kid with excellent work ethic and great character. He’s just a bit raw but IMO has all the talent and the tools to become a great pass rusher in the vein of Trey Hendrickson, Zach Allen, Aidan Hutchinson and even JJ Watt.

Well wow. If he‘s another Watt, sign me up! 😁