Infam's final mock (04-26-23)

Infam

Alright, so here it comes:

1-10: DT  Jalen Carter, Georgia

Jalen Carter Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

I really thought about this and come to the conclusion that we will just wait until he falls right into our lap. I do believe Rosenhaus when he said he will for sure go top 10 and I do believe we cannot resist that potential. But it does take the right team to handle him, he would've been higher but the baggage is just too much. And forget that race incident. How does he show up that out of shape? That's BS. And one more thing: A guy with that kind of pure talent, how the f-- does he finish his college career with 6 sacks? No, I don't think any team before us will pick him, and the Eagles do have enough other players in view that they would be fine if he indeed did get picked before them. But I believe Carter has done everything necessary to lower his draft stock to pick ten.

Trade down with the Colts, we trade 1-30 and 7-248 for 2-35, 4-106 and 5-138.

2023 NFL draft trade value chart (msn.com)

Value: 196 +1 for 170 + 32 + 16 [197 to 218]: I expect the Colts to overpay here to pick their QB at the end of round 1. They grab a guy like Hooker or even Robinson late and smart and this fifth year makes them pay this premium. This difference (21) for reference would be worth pick 125 (late fourth).

*2-35: S  Brian Branch, Alabama 

Brian Branch Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Well, here's a guy you just want in your defense. He'd be a top tier starter in our defense for years to come. I don't believe the Eagles will ever pick a safety in the first, but in a very good safety class this early second for one of the best safeties in this draft was hard to resist. A pretty poor combine showing makes this a reality, as many did expect him to be a first round pick (incl. Cosell iE.) . May all be true, but he is the kind of safety we like: with versatility to the slot corner position. Yes, that 4.58 did hurt him. We benefit.

2-62: RG  Peter Skoronski, Northwestern

Peter Skoronski Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

I know, I know. I can hear you. Nobody thinks this could possibly happen. It's my (very) bold prediction. Here's why: All this top ten, even top half of the first round talk was based purely on the projection that he could play tackle. Now everybody says: At the NFL, he will be a guard, short arms and all. But if you honestly look at him as a pure guard I don't buy that teams will go for him that high. So I will predict here that he falls hard- to the end of the second round, where finally the Eagles can't resist and pick him up. Roseman just loves this kind of value.

3-94  OT  Blake Freeland, BYU

Blake Freeland Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

So right after we steal Skoronski for our RG spot, we add Freeland. He will be the swing tackle to back up both sides right away and hopefully Stout transforms him into the RT of the future. I for one like the prospect of two 6'8 monsters on the outside! These are the rare traits Stout likes, lets keep investing.

*4-106 CB  Jakorian Bennett, Maryland

Jakorian Bennett Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

At the start of day three we pick up this extremely athletic talent at corner. He has a lot to learn, and has the time to do so behind our corners. Still the potential here is excellent. I think he is a good kid who is willing and has the right football character and traits to go for here.

*5-138  LB  Henry To'o To'o, Alabama

Henry To'oTo'o Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Not the most athletic prospect yet he is a leader that does everything right when needed most. If we are lucky he is a straight up replacement for Edwards.

7-219  P   Michael Turk, Oklahoma

Michael Turk Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Inspired by @Rob331 I took Turk to be a much needed upgrade at punter.

So we build the lines of the future:

At offense Mailata-Dickerson-Jurgens-Skoronski-Freeland.

At defense Sweat-Davis-Carter-Reddick.

Plus we get a starter at safety and two promising lottery tickets at corner and linebacker.

In the time after the draft we look for a slot receiver, a running back and another safety. Not the hardest positions to fill, not too expensive either - maybe just prove it deals.

Can't wait for the draft! Thanks for all the mocks, was fun!

Would love this, best case scenario IMO but…

Skoronski at #62? You know he’ll probably wind up a top 15 pick tomorrow, right?!

He’s in play at #10 and I can’t see him fall out of the top 20. Although better suited to play guard in the NFL (short arms), experts already compare him to Zack Martin (all pro Cowboys guard).

You really think Carter falls to # 10?!

• Like 1

Yes I do! And to both of them. I don‘t think that comparison with Martin is justified. I don‘t even feel he is getting that much hype as a guard. This was all conjecture based on him as ’the best OT in the draft’. Which he isn‘t, not even close. 

Look, like I said it‘s a bold prediction. If he indeed is top15 tomorrow, I‘ll eat my words, lol!

About Carter I listed all the reasons why I don‘t see anyone before us going for him. Maybe if a team trades in front of us for him, but right now I think he‘ll be there and our pick.

• Like 1

I agree with Ray here, this would be a best case scenario but really depending on guys to fall.

I personally think Carter goes before 10, but for the reasons stated above I agree it's not far fetched that he falls to 10.

I know you already prefaced the Skoronski pick as your bold prediction, but late 2nd round is a little bit of a stretch for a projected top 15 pick. I see where you're coming from and maybe he goes late 1st/early 2nd based on him being better suited for guard, that much I think is possible, but at pick 62 is a steal.

Branch I can see falling into the early 2nd round, this one I can envision happening the most likely of your three early value picks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Infam said:

Yes I do! And to both of them. I don‘t think that comparison with Martin is justified. I don‘t even feel he is getting that much hype as a guard. This was all conjecture based on him as ’the best OT in the draft’. Which he isn‘t, not even close. 

Look, like I said it‘s a bold prediction. If he indeed is top15 tomorrow, I‘ll eat my words, lol!

About Carter I listed all the reasons why I don‘t see anyone before us going for him. Maybe if a team trades in front of us for him, but right now I think he‘ll be there and our pick.

Well…start eating your words then cause Carter is probably going to Seattle and Skoronski will never last till #62.

Only way seeing us getting Carter is by trading up (he needs to get passed Seattle).

Skoronski’s only knock are his short arms. He’s the most technically sound offensive lineman in the entire draft. I’d be stunned is he falls out of the top 20 tomorrow. 

But hey, if this is what the Eagles come up with, I’d be ecstatic! Awesome haul!

• Like 1

Love the bold prediction and I'd love it if we could get Carter and Branch. 

If it's a corner at 106, I'm a fan of Riley Moss. 

BTW - you had to know noone would pay attention to your overall draft once the Skoronski pick showed up. Well done. 

• Like 1

Brian Branch is a player I'd love to see us get.  Can't see Skoronski dropping that far...I do think he'll prob drop some, but still go in Round 1.  If we take Carter, that's gonna be a huge roller coaster of "good/bad" talk until we start getting some answers during the NFL season.

• Like 1

I like the idea here. I like the back to back OL but I just don’t see Skronski falling all that way. He may fall too late first. Hell he may fall to the second but I don’t see him going to the third. But stranger things have happened I guess.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like the idea here. I like the back to back OL but I just don’t see Skronski falling all that way. He may fall too late first. Hell he may fall to the second but I don’t see him going to the third. But stranger things have happened I guess.

I took him here with #62, our second rounder. But yeah, almost a third. Maybe he won't fall as far, we'll see. Can't wait!

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 10:58 AM, Ray75 said:

Would love this, best case scenario IMO but…

Skoronski at #62? You know he’ll probably wind up a top 15 pick tomorrow, right?!

He’s in play at #10 and I can’t see him fall out of the top 20. Although better suited to play guard in the NFL (short arms), experts already compare him to Zack Martin (all pro Cowboys guard).

You really think Carter falls to # 10?!

On 4/26/2023 at 11:04 AM, Infam said:

Would absolutely love this. I think Carter could fall to us and even beyond. On one hand, seen as the best player in the draft. On the other, lack of sacks, character and work rate concerns could drop him. He may not even be on our board.

I agree with Ray on Skoronski though. Too good a prospect to drop out of the first. Cody Mauch may be a good substitute. 

• Like 1

Hey Infam. If Carter makes it to 10, then I am all in on him. We win the draft regardless of who we pick afterwards. Branch--big yup!! Don't think he falls that far, but he would be a great get. Skoronski at 62?? Seriously?? Think WORST case is top 20. Freeland--yup. Bennet--yup. To'0 To'o--don't like him at all. Doesn't do anything really well. Would not be an upgrade we really need in LB room. No problem with Turk. Good thought process, though, my friend.

• Like 1