Eaglerick's final mock

Eaglerick55

Good afternoon, all. Trying to come up with a final mock has been really tough. Had a trade back to 17 most of this spring, then came up with a huge Howie move to go back to 20 and get several picks. Would get Branch at 20. But something in my mind finally caved to the Bijon scenario. Made too much sense, and so much pre-draft hype. So, if Bijon is available at 10, he will be there at 14. We trade 10 to New England for 14 and 76.

Pick #14--Bijon Robinson. RB Texas. No explanation needed

Howie trades again at 30. Las Vegas wants to trade up for QB. We trade 30 to LV for 38 and 100.

Pick #38--Jack Campbell. MLB Iowa. Perfect compliment to Dean. Pro Bowl MLB for next decade

Pick #62--Antonio Johnson. Safety Texas A & M. Big, solid safety. can play multiple spots

Pick #76--Blake Freeland. OT BYU. Our swing tackle

Pick #94--Zacch Pickens. DT South Carolina. Tough, run stuffer DT

Pick #100--Braeden Daniels. OG Utah. Slightly undersized OG, but sound. will add weight in NFL. Multi-positional guy.

Howie trades 2024#3 to Seattle for 123 and 198

Pick #123--Xavier Hutchinson. WR Iowa St.. Replaces Pascal as core ST and "dirty work" wr

Howie trades 219, 248, and 2024#5 to Jax for 185

Pick #185--Dorian Thompson-Robinson. QB UCLA. Becomes our #3 qb

Pick #188--Bryce Baringer--Punter Mich St. Replaces Siposs. Top rated punter in college, and played in cold weather.

Still leaves us with 10 picks for 2024.

Can't wait for Thursday night.

ER

• Like 2

Wow the whole trifecta: First you take a RB, then a LB and finish it off with the Safety! That's bold. 

I do like these picks though.

I like it a lot! I really do. I mean it isn’t going to happen because I mean there’s no way Howie would do that but I really like the picks here. Well played Sir.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like it a lot! I really do. I mean it isn’t going to happen because I mean there’s no way Howie would do that but I really like the picks here. Well played Sir.

Agree with this. I like the overall haul, but it definitely is a departure from what the front office would do. Looking forward to seeing how tomorrow plays out.

• Like 1

Personally, I think Campbell would be our most important pick of the draft.

IF---by some chance neither Carter nor Bijon are not on the board at 10, I would make a huge trade back with Seattle--trade 10 and 62 for 20, 37, 83, 154. Numbers match up exactly. we would take Branch at 20, Campbell at 37, and go from there.

20 hours ago, Eaglerick55 said:

Good afternoon, all. Trying to come up with a final mock has been really tough. Had a trade back to 17 most of this spring, then came up with a huge Howie move to go back to 20 and get several picks. Would get Branch at 20. But something in my mind finally caved to the Bijon scenario. Made too much sense, and so much pre-draft hype. So, if Bijon is available at 10, he will be there at 14. We trade 10 to New England for 14 and 76.

Pick #14--Bijon Robinson. RB Texas. No explanation needed

Howie trades again at 30. Las Vegas wants to trade up for QB. We trade 30 to LV for 38 and 100.

Pick #38--Jack Campbell. MLB Iowa. Perfect compliment to Dean. Pro Bowl MLB for next decade

Pick #62--Antonio Johnson. Safety Texas A & M. Big, solid safety. can play multiple spots

Pick #76--Blake Freeland. OT BYU. Our swing tackle

Pick #94--Zacch Pickens. DT South Carolina. Tough, run stuffer DT

Pick #100--Braeden Daniels. OG Utah. Slightly undersized OG, but sound. will add weight in NFL. Multi-positional guy.

Howie trades 2024#3 to Seattle for 123 and 198

Pick #123--Xavier Hutchinson. WR Iowa St.. Replaces Pascal as core ST and "dirty work" wr

Howie trades 219, 248, and 2024#5 to Jax for 185

Pick #185--Dorian Thompson-Robinson. QB UCLA. Becomes our #3 qb

Pick #188--Bryce Baringer--Punter Mich St. Replaces Siposs. Top rated punter in college, and played in cold weather.

Still leaves us with 10 picks for 2024.

Can't wait for Thursday night.

ER

Absolutely one of the best mocks I've seen. i would be very very happy with this. I would mock the same two 1st round trades. 

A coupele of tweeks - 

• Bryce Ford-Wheaton 6'3" 224 4.38 instead of Hutchinson.
  • Dexter or Benton instead of Pickens.  

12 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

Absolutely one of the best mocks I've seen. i would be very very happy with this. I would mock the same two 1st round trades. 

A coupele of tweeks - 

• Bryce Ford-Wheaton 6'3" 224 4.38 instead of Hutchinson.
  • Dexter or Benton instead of Pickens.  

I think Ford-Wheaton is a clone of Watkins. Might work out, but I wanted someone who could do the dirty work like Pascal. If Howie plans to trade Quez, then I agree with your pick.

Dexter or Benton for sure. BUu I expect both to be gone at that point in the draft. Pickens is next best choice.

6 hours ago, Eaglerick55 said:

I think Ford-Wheaton is a clone of Watkins. Might work out, but I wanted someone who could do the dirty work like Pascal. If Howie plans to trade Quez, then I agree with your pick.

When it comes to speed, you're right. But, look at the sizes - BFW = 6'3" v Quez 6'0". BFW = 224 v Quez 193. 

BFW has the big body of a blocvker.