Ritchie, Reese, Douglas react to Eagles' selection of Jalen Carter: 'Top 3 talent'

time2rock

Ritchie, Reese, Douglas react to Eagles' selection of Jalen Carter: 'Top 3 talent'

Jon Ritchie says Georgia DT Jalen Carter is a "top three talent" in the NFL Draft. Ritchie and his former Eagles teammates, Ike Reese and Hugh Douglas, along with Eliot Shorr-Parks, spoke about Carter.

Jon Ritchie: "I felt like if he was available the Eagles must take him. He's got the quickness and the small area agility that skill guys have. He looks like a wide receiver or running back playing d-tackle...the guy can move. He's going to make us immediately improved up front because he can get after quarterbacks."

Hugh Douglas: "I think he's going to make Jordan Davis a better player."

Eliot Shorr-Parks: "I think the Eagles needed him and he needed the Eagles. He has teammates he knows...he's been talked about the best player in this draft for years. This has been potential to be one of the biggest steals the Eagles have gotten."

Ike Reese: "It's a perfect fit for him, friendly environment. Jalen Carter, being in Philadelphia, he's going to have to deal with questions about what he went through months ago...His work ethic will be something that people will monitor and they'll watch if he plays hard all of the time.

"I never thought he would get to the Eagles at 10. I am hoping that teams passed on him and they're going to regret passing on him."

Joe Giglio: "This is why Howie Roseman is the best GM in the NFL...They may have gotten the best player in the draft for what? A fourth round pick (next year). I do think it's a risk, but it's a risk worth taking."

https://www.audacy.com/94wip/sports/eagles/ritchie-reese-douglas-react-to-eagles-jalen-carter

Not related to the topic, really, but what made Jon Ritchie stay in Philly and not go back to Oakland (now Vegas)? He only played 19 games for us, but was with the Raiders for multiple years. 

I wanted Bijan Robinson a lot at number 10 but once he was taken by Atlanta at #8, I was praying for Jalen Carter!! I didn't think we had a chance to get him unless we traded UpTo the #5 slot with Seattle but you saw Carter being mocked to Seattle at the #5 slot. I thought Seattle was 100% going to get him.

I'm not worried at all about him off the field. I truly believe that we have the right people in place for him to stay a straight path.

Jalen Carter........Jerome Brown 2.0

We all were robbed of seeing Jerome Brown play out his career here.......such a great player and a really good guy who made a terrible mistake that cost him and his nephew their lives.  Such a horrible day.

Carter has the same type of talent and is a little bigger.  Can't wait to see him next to Davis and the havoc they will cause....

• Like 1

An NFL career is a marathon, not a sprint. Consistency over the long term makes an all-time great player.

He has a chance, if he has the will. Rooting for him, but as always...

Time will tell.

• Like 1