Nolan Smith felt 'real disrespected' pre-combine, vows to make teams regret passing on him

time2rock

Nolan Smith felt 'real disrespected' pre-combine, vows to make teams regret passing on him

image.png.9deac830377109c50b800f26c30d2678.png

Nolan Smith put up an incredible showing at the NFL combine last week.

The University of Georgia edge rusher ran a 4.39-second 40-yard dash and showed off his ups with a 41.5-inch vertical jump. At 6-foot-2 and 238 pounds, Smith became the heaviest player with a sub-4.4 40-yard dash and vertical over 40 inches in combine history, according to NFL Network.

Smith has been projected to go in the first round, but his draft stock has risen since his impressive performance at the combine. In early February, experts had him as a later pick in the first round. He’s now shot up into the teens and a few mock drafts have him in the single digits.

Smith joined NFL insider Josina Anderson on the Audacy Original Podcast "The Crew” and talked about what motivates him and how he feels after the combine.

"I felt disrespected, honestly,” Smith said (17:45 in player above). "They forgot about me. They didn’t think this edge rusher from Georgia – I wasn’t even brought up in any of the mock combines or any of that.”

The edge rusher has certainly caught the attention of many experts and teams as well. Smith plays with a chip on his shoulder and doesn’t take anything for granted.

"I just felt real disrespected,” he said. "I play with a chip on my shoulder just because I’m not supposed to be here. I’m supposed to be somewhere in Savannah, Georgia latching down boats… I tell my boys I remind myself that on the daily.”

Smith is going to take note of any team that passes on him and make sure that they regret it on the gridiron.

"Any team that pass up on me that I got to sit there and watch I just make sure I’m writing it down and I’m memorizing in my head,” he said. "So when my opportunity gets shown, I’m going to show you why you should’ve drafted me.”

The good news for those teams is that there are likely to be fewer of them after Smith’s impressive combine. The edge rusher is one to watch as NFL draft season moves along.

https://www.audacy.com/national/sports/nolan-smith-felt-disrespected-will-make-teams-regret-draft