EAGLES/CHIEFS SB LVII HIGHEST RATED TELECAST OF ALL TIME

SPIDER-MAN

I wonder how bad the NFL wants to see a Part 2.

Super Bowl LVII was the most-watched U.S.-based telecast of all time, according to revised data announced Tuesday by ratings agency Nielson.  The Kansas City Chiefs' 38-35 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles on Feb. 12 drew an average of 115.1 million viewers across all platforms, nearly 2 million more than Nielsen's previous announcement.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36920001/super-bowl-lvii-was-most-watched-telecast-ever-according-updated-data

And yet, I still cannot bring myself to watch it again! 😩

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I'll never watch it again. I don't even like watching our good highlights.

• Like 1

Will never rewatch it either.

The Super Bowl was played on a slip n slide.

To neutralize the Eagles pass rush.

Forever asterisk.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, EagleTen said:

And yet, I still cannot bring myself to watch it again! 😩

14 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

8 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Will never rewatch it either.

The Super Bowl was played on a slip n slide.

To neutralize the Eagles pass rush.

Forever asterisk.

14 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I have just watched the Brown TD a few times.  That still gives me chills 🙂

• Like 2

It wasn't until recently that I was actually able to watch replays of SB39. It's gonna be a long time before I'll be able to watch anything from SB57. Even if I only watched the Eagle highlights, it would still depress me because of how the game eventually unfolded. 

• Like 3

How can it be the highest rated of all time when it never actually happened? It was a fiction, not reality?

Some talk that a Super Bowl rematch between Chiefs and Eagles will open the season on Thursday Night. That would be pretty epic ... Super Bowl 57.5 🙂

5 hours ago, manz2821 said:

I have just watched the Brown TD a few times.  That still gives me chills 🙂

I have seen that one a few times when it’s been added with other highlights. It was of course a part of both Brown and Hurts’ highlight videos. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rey said:

Some talk that a Super Bowl rematch between Chiefs and Eagles will open the season on Thursday Night. That would be pretty epic ... Super Bowl 57.5 🙂

I doubt it.  I suspect the Chiefs will open on Thursday night EITHER against the Bills or Bengals at home with the other also at home as the main game in Week 2 on CBS.

The Eagles-Chiefs rematch looks ticketed for a full national broadcast on FOX in Week 8 at 4:25 PM ET (no blackouts anywhere with any other late games on CBS at 4:05 that week). 

I don't even care about the game due to the crappy field and call at the end.  I'd love a rematch where we completely blow them out, but getting back is difficult.

• Like 1

Would the NFL dare go with the Super Bowl rematch in week 1?  Or do they keep that goose until a month into the season?  One week from finding out.  

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Would the NFL dare go with the Super Bowl rematch in week 1?  Or do they keep that goose until a month into the season?  One week from finding out.  

I suspect FOX will want to keep that game, especially they already know they are losing one of the two Eagles-Cowboys games to Amazon Prime (which I suspect the Eagles will host the Thursday after Thanksgiving with the rematch in Dallas Christmas Day on FOX).  No need to give NBC that opener given they can given them EITHER the AFC Championship rematch with the Bengals OR a meeting with the Bills for that.  

• Haha 1

I’ve watched a few of the Eagles highlights from that game. But I have no desire to watch the entire game from start to finish. Especially the friggin 2nd half. UGH!

• Like 1

So if the NFL is coaxing the results for stories and ratings, and its not 100% legit anymore, the Eagles have still positioned themselves well.

• Haha 1

For me, the year we won the SB is the best game.  Not only it was a win, the game was played very well by both sides.  Lots of backs and forths.  Very few penalties and both teams threw punches and counter-punches.  Close scores thru out until the end.  The Philly Special just capped the whole thing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2023 at 1:11 PM, Penn7980 said:

For me, the year we won the SB is the best game.  Not only it was a win, the game was played very well by both sides.  Lots of backs and forths.  Very few penalties and both teams threw punches and counter-punches.  Close scores thru out until the end.  The Philly Special just capped the whole thing!

Its one of the most exciting games ive ever seen, not just counting superbowls.