Jeremiah Trotter Jr. (OLB, Clemson) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES! #155

pgcd3

22 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

I had to start it

Gave this one a sad face... because... well... reminds me how old I am :(
When your favorite players kids' are playing :(

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Awww man... just read that his mom recently passed... F you cancer.

• Sad 3

McShay's early 2024 mock has Eagles taking Trotter at 30.  Clearly wrong. Hope he lasts until 32

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 10:56 PM, pgcd3 said:

McShay's early 2024 mock has Eagles taking Trotter at 30.  Clearly wrong. Hope he lasts until 32

Is he listed as EDGE? Only way Howie takes him...unless he transfers to UGA...

It's still pretty early, but the consensus NFL mock draft big board has Trotter Jr. listed as their 16th ranked prospect overall. 

However, he is more of a traditional ILB prospect and not an EDGE rusher prospect like Nolan Smith.

Howie would have to break from historical draft trends to take Trotter Jr. in the first round, and I have a hard time seeing him do that. However, I was also pleasantly surprised with the Nolan Smith pick this year, despite being labeled an EDGE rusher, Nolan Smith was still a LB that the Eagles drafted in the 1st round!

I'm not sure if the Eagles take Trotter Jr. in the first round, maybe if he falls to round 2 for some reason, I can see Howie going for it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

idk if we will be in position to draft him. but im praying howie drafts Trotter Jr. i mean i can see it considering howie was in on LBs around the trade deadline, or at least that was the rumor. but Jr is definitely one of my favorite LBs in this years draft. 

• Like 1

It would be nice to see him start his career in Philly considering his dad spent most of his career there. 

One nice thing about the Australian Football League, they have something called the Father/Son Rule where if a player has played over X games for a team, that team gets first dibs on his kid in the draft. So for example a team picked Trotter at pick 20 the Eagles could use their first round pick plus other picks to make up the value of pick 20 and that team would then pick again. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BirdGang45 said:

i hope he is there in the second round. we need Trot Jr. 

He very well might fall to that Saints pick we have in round 2

11 minutes ago, Godfather said:

He very well might fall to that Saints pick we have in round 2

if thats the case we need to snatch him up. because he is a flat out stud. 

3 hours ago, BirdGang45 said:

if thats the case we need to snatch him up. because he is a flat out stud. 

Something has got to give with the LB spot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

Something has got to give with the LB spot

forsure it does. but i honestly think Howie is starting to realize how important LB is in todays defenses. he was in the market at the trade deadline then actually goes & get Leonard. so i think he is coming around to the positon. i mean look at every elite defense in the NFL they have very good to great LB play. either big money or drafted relatively  

On 12/5/2023 at 1:23 AM, PoconoDon said:

The Eagles certainly have a big need at the position.

LB will never be a position of priority as long as Roseman is in charge, it'll always be DL and OL (rightfully so) but at some point he needs to realize the importance of fielding competent units in every level of the defense to give us the best chance of being successful.  Can't keep thinking you can get by with late round picks, UDFAs, and veteran castoffs.  But even if he does come to that realization, I don't think we'll ever see a 1st spent on the position.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

LB will never be a position of priority as long as Roseman is in charge, it'll always be DL and OL (rightfully so) but at some point he needs to realize the importance of fielding competent units in every level of the defense to give us the best chance of being successful.  Can't keep thinking you can get by with late round picks, UDFAs, and veteran castoffs.  But even if he does come to that realization, I don't think we'll ever see a 1st spent on the position.  

Yeah I'm not going to get my hopes up. Going to need OL soon interior and RT, CBs. Those positions are > LB for Roseman. But after this year maybe he figures out that you have to have at least 1 good LB out there that's not a total liability in coverage. Hoping Shaq balls outlook and totally changes the look of the D then maybe Howie will consider it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

One can argue that CB is a bigger need

I think stopping the run comes first. Talented and committed LB'ers are necessary to accomplish it. If you win up front, which includes blitzing LB'ers here and there, the WR's don't get many chances to catch a ball. Coverage becomes easier. If your front 7 stinks like ours does now, the QB has 4 or 5 seconds+ to throw and no corners cover for that long.

Howie, just find a way to get this kid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1