Jaworksi to Quick—99 Yards!

EaglesRocker97

Y'all are slackin'...

I remember this well, this game ran late and it was dinner time but I refused to leave the TV until the game was over. I went to the table a very happy boy!

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 8:17 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I remember this well, this game ran late and it was dinner time but I refused to leave the TV until the game was over. I went to the table a very happy boy!

Jaws insists that this is the longest pass in NFL history. Even though it has officially happened 13 times and they are all ties in the record book, Jaworski always notes that the the ball was one inch off the goalline. Judging by the video, there's no reason to think that he's lying. Add on the fact that this was the only time a 99-yard pass occurred in overtime, I think it's easy to rank this one as the best of them all.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Jaws insists that this is the longest pass in NFL history. Even though it has officially happened 13 times and they are all ties in the record book, Jaworski always notes that the the ball was one inch off the goalline. Judging by the video, there's no reason to think that he's lying. Add on the fact that this was the only time a 99-yard pass occurred in overtime, I think it's easy to rank this one as the best of them all.

I agree with him as to it being that close to the goal line. Whether or not others have done it from that distance, I don't know. But I've always 'corrected' the TV whenever I've seen it played and they call it a 99 yard TD. I tell the TV that it was 99.5 yards... but the stupid TV never listens... 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2020 at 8:17 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

was at that game with my dad. we were def worried with the eagles being backed up on the goaline like that in overtime. what a play. quick is still one of my all-time favs. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 7:42 AM, mrmagoo said:

Jaws was horrible that day. 11 of 30 for 258.

Terrible comp%, but if you take out the 99-yard TD it's still YPC of 15.9, so kind of a mixed bag. I think those were typical Jaws numbers, lol.

jaws had a 53% completion rate. certainly not the greatest you'd think, but better than bradshaw and not far off from staubach. 

you look at qb#s back then and the only thing really different between jaws and other HOF qbs from back then is the lombardi hardware.  

• Like 1