Budda Baker (Cardinals S) - Potential Trade?

DMcNabb4MVP

Perfect fit and he wants to be there. Not interested in locking him up long-term but I'd pull the trigger on a trade if he can't get the money he is seeking in Arizona.  

31 minutes ago, DMcNabb4MVP said:

Perfect fit and he wants to be there. Not interested in locking him up long-term but I'd pull the trigger on a trade if he can't get the money he is seeking in Arizona.  

I don't know if it's worth the draft capital it would require to acquire Baker, if the intention is not to get him on a new deal. He's talented, but I don't see the front office making a move for him now after landing Sydney Brown, who I think has a legitimate chance to win out one of the starting spots on defense. Not to mention that Kelee Ringo is a potential candidate to move to safety as well if he does not pan out at CB.

Perhaps the team signs another veteran safety if they feel like they need more depth, but I don't see them moving draft capital around for one now.

5 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I don't know if it's worth the draft capital it would require to acquire Baker, if the intention is not to get him on a new deal. He's talented, but I don't see the front office making a move for him now after landing Sydney Brown, who I think has a legitimate chance to win out one of the starting spots on defense. Not to mention that Kelee Ringo is a potential candidate to move to safety as well if he does not pan out at CB.

Perhaps the team signs another veteran safety if they feel like they need more depth, but I don't see them moving draft capital around for one now.

I saw an article suggesting only a 24 5th and a 25 3rd. If that's all it takes I'm all over that in a heart beat but it does seem oddly low imo

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/philadelphia-eagles-budda-baker-trade-rumors-proposal-arizona-cardinals

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

I saw an article suggesting only a 24 5th and a 25 3rd. If that's all it takes I'm all over that in a heart beat but it does seem oddly low imo

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/philadelphia-eagles-budda-baker-trade-rumors-proposal-arizona-cardinals

Wow, that's quite low. Sounds like someone was inspired by the DAndre Swift trade when they wrote that article 😄 

I'm assuming the Cardinals would want an early pick next year and would be expecting at least a 2024 2nd round pick in a trade for Baker.

Sure, if you can get away with the SI trade proposal, I'd do it, but it doesn't seem realistic.

• Like 2

Given that they were too stupid to get anything for Hopkins maybe they won’t insist on too much for Bakker.

• Like 1

I’d hate to give up real draft capital, limit the reps of our young safeties plus a long term deal costing $14 MM+ a year, but you would hate to see KC get him. I guess I’d be ok with a 4th and 5th rounder (we have extra fifths this year) with no more than a two hear deal so we could replace the picks with a mid round comp pick in two years and the expectation that one of the young guys would be ready to start by 2025. 

14 hours ago, eggs said:

I’d hate to give up real draft capital, limit the reps of our young safeties plus a long term deal costing $14 MM+ a year, but you would hate to see KC get him. I guess I’d be ok with a 4th and 5th rounder (we have extra fifths this year) with no more than a two hear deal so we could replace the picks with a mid round comp pick in two years and the expectation that one of the young guys would be ready to start by 2025. 

My guess is that if we bring in another safety that it'll be a free agent. Still some decent veteran guys out there that step in and be a starter. 

Rodney McLeod is available and is coming off a great year with the Colts. He'd make sense as a 1 year stop-gap option, and would bring solid leadership at the safety position. The Packers have not brought back Adrian Amos and he would be a younger option with starting experience.

On 6/3/2023 at 4:39 PM, Canada fan said:

Given that they were too stupid to get anything for Hopkins maybe they won’t insist on too much for Bakker.

Nobody wanted to take on Hopkin's contract AND give up a draft pick with him coming of suspension and injury years. They did give him that original contract so maybe that was the blunder.

• 2 weeks later...

I‘d like it, even if we have to give up a second (which is what I guess it would take). He‘s young, proven and fits in. 

If we decide to go for it this year, he may be a key player to do so.

• 2 weeks later...