Any takers

Rob331

Ther are still linebackers available - 

Zach Cunningham age 28

Deion Jones age 28

Miles Jack age 27

Kwon Alexander - age 28

I'd sign Miles Jack and Cunningham to take a look in training camp.  I can't believe they aren't better than Patrick Johnson, Kyron Johnson, DAvion Taylor, and Ben VanSummeran. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I feel like the Eagles want to see what they have at linebacker with these younger players before they try and make any moves. They generally do not make moves for vets (especially at linebacker) unless they feel like the group is letting them down during the season kind of like how they went after all those vets at DT last year. 

Nobody wants LBs that peaked 5 or 6 years ago. Its why those dudes are still available.

Zach Cunningham would be a terrible fit in this D. He is the slow hitter/run stuffer type.

Kick the tires on Myles Jack if the young guns look lost in training camp and the preseason.

Perfectly fine with our LBs as is. Dean hopefully will shine. 

Only way Id bring any of them in is for a backup role at vet min. 

• 2 weeks later...

With Dean injured for a day or so we had to revets to using Nolan Smith at linebacker. If that's not a sure indication of a need nothing is. 

On 7/26/2023 at 11:29 AM, Rob331 said:

Zach Cunningham age 28

Deion Jones age 28

Miles Jack age 27

Kwon Alexander - age 28

I'd sign Miles Jack and Cunningham to take a look in training camp.  I can't believe they aren't better than Patrick Johnson, Kyron Johnson, DAvion Taylor, and Ben VanSummeran. 

Dayyuuum. Called that one. 👍

Signed two of them today - Jack and Cunningham. 

Nakobe's injury opened their eyes and hopefully it's not serious. 

On 7/26/2023 at 4:29 PM, Rob331 said:

Someone had a premonition…

I've wanted Jack all along so I'm good there and no problem with Cunningham. You nailed it Rob331 or 

should we call you Kreskin now ....lol

image.png.30c850bfdcd9124337bde4a6a02764c5.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Zach Cunningham age 28

Deion Jones age 28

Miles Jack age 27

Kwon Alexander - age 28

Never going to happen 

Kyle Van Noy and Anthony Barr are still out there. Both guys have visited teams without signing contracts. I'd be OK with either.

I don't think the veteran minimum in exchange for a chance to start for the defending NFC champs is going to be enough to convince either to come here though.

Perhaps the FO is a bit more willing to spend on LB now, in light of Myles Jack retiring and our LB being a weak point on defense to begin with.