Looks like Hurts' iPhone background has a painful purpose

time2rock

Looks like Hurts' iPhone background has a painful purpose

Hurts sees that Chiefs confetti every day

By Jordan Hall  Published July 31, 2023

Think Jalen Hurts is a tad motivated following the Eagles' Super Bowl loss to the Chiefs?

Apparently, whenever he picks up his iPhone, he feels that 38-35 defeat from February.

In an Instagram story over the weekend, Ty Zentner, the Eagles' rookie punter, inadvertently captured what appears to be Hurts' iPhone wallpaper. The picture is of Hurts, moments after the Eagles' Super Bowl LVII loss, walking off the State Farm Stadium field as red and yellow Chiefs-themed confetti showers on the quarterback.

The shot of Hurts in defeat was taken by Ryan Kang for the Associated Press.

Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni is hoping images from that night serve as fuel for his team this season.

"I think my point was, it's OK to use this as motivation,” Sirianni said just before the Eagles broke for their summer break. "You should use it as motivation. But the end goal is not just to say, ‘I'm going there.’ It's about the process.”

Sure seems like Hurts wants to remember the pain of the confetti as part of his process.

image.png.ba81b6f1b73e764dfbce2089bfbf53dc.png

https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/jalen-hurts-iphone-background-appears-to-be-picture-from-eagles-super-bowl-loss/530494/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1