Jaworski: 'Very impressed' by Eagles rookie S Sydney Brown

time2rock

Jaworski: 'Very impressed' by Eagles rookie S Sydney Brown

image.png.5ea306a09a6d050d52b7e6c0f4a35e19.png

Former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Ron Jaworski, unsolicited, mentioned rookie safety Sydney Brown as a player who has flashed at Training Camp so far.

"This kid Sydney Brown, the safety man," Jaworski told Joe DeCamara and Jon Ritchie on Wednesday's 94WIP Morning Show. "He caught my attention. He's not the biggest guy, but boy his ability to fire his gun. I mean read, react and go was phenomenal. I was very, very impressed with him at that safety position. There's a guy that jumped out at me."

Brown, 23, was the Eagles' third round (No. 66 overall) pick in this year's draft out of Illinois.

Entering the 2023 season, the Eagles' weakest position on their depth chart, is arguably safety, as Philadelphia lost C.J. Gardner-Johnson to free-agency this past offseason.

Howie Roseman did sign Steelers veteran Terrell Edmunds, who will compete with Brown, Reed Blankenship and 2020 fourth-round pick K'Von Wallace for playing time at safety.

Jaws says he is keeping a close eye on that safety position in hopes of the team getting improved production there.

"In the one-on-one drills I thought Reed Blankenship did a really, really good job," Jaworski added on Wednesday. "You're a safety, you're not expected to do a lot of one-on-one coverage, but boy in their one-on-one drills, I thought he did a really good job."

https://www.audacy.com/94wip/sports/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-safety-sydney-brown-practice-depth-chart

• Like 1

I haven't heard anything about Sydney Brown, but this is very encouraging.  Go with the job, Sydney.  

• Like 1

Very encouraging as it feels like he’s had a quiet camp so far. Mind you he’s been with the seconds and thirds so probably a little more difficult for him to show up.

• Like 1