Duron Harmon (Raiders S) -- Free Agent

eaglesfan0075

For what it's worth PFF has Harmon ranked 31 out of the 32 top safeties entering the 2023 season and he's still a free agent. He's not going to give you much in the run game, but he still held his own in coverage as a free safety last year (77.6 coverage grade, 12th among safeties) as a starter for the Raiders, who ended up signing Marcus Epps in free agency this offseason.

Between Terrell Edmunds and Sydney Brown, we should be fine at SS, but we should really upgrade from K'Von Wallace at backup FS, in case Reed Blankenship struggles or gets injured.

He's 32 years old, so not exactly someone for the long-term plans, but on a 1 year deal he could be a valuable veteran presence with plenty of starting experience.

Hmm I don’t know… ranked 31 out of 32 starting safeties? Appreciate that doesn’t tell the full story but that’s hardly a great stat that says we should soon him. I like Edmunds as a solid starter and I think that Brown is really going to come along.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hmm I don’t know… ranked 31 out of 32 starting safeties? Appreciate that doesn’t tell the full story but that’s hardly a great stat that says we should soon him. I like Edmunds as a solid starter and I think that Brown is really going to come along.

I'm not necessarily advocating for him to be brought in as the starter, moreso as depth. In the grand scheme of things we can probably get by with our current group, the depth situation here is not as thin as LB. 

If we're going by that PFF list, none of our current rostered safeties are in that top 32, but then again it's largely for good reason given the lack of significant sample size for Blankenship and Brown in the NFL as starters. Edmunds is the veteran of the group here that has started enough games. For reference, CJGJ was ranked #15 on their list.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...