49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo is better than Eagles' Carson Wentz right now, says ESPN host

UK_EaglesFan89

49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo is better than Eagles' Carson Wentz right now, says ESPN host

49ERS WEBZONE

article-766x431-1bac906c7ff669f06aa9b45972ac4a3e.jpg

Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports

15 hours ago
By David Bonilla
placeholder.png

Jimmy Garoppolo could become a top-10 NFL quarterback. That's what Max Kellerman of ESPN's First Take believes. To do so, he'll still need to prove himself in the playoffs. Garoppolo has shown himself to be a clutch passer during the regular season. His playoff-game performances earlier this year, however, have fueled the criticism from his doubters.

The Philadelphia Eagles have a franchise quarterback by the name of Carson Wentz, a 27-year-old signal-caller who many believe to be a rising star in the league. If Kellerman were to rank NFL quarterbacks right now, he might have to put Garoppolo ahead of Wentz.

That caused a bit of a heated debate on Thursday between Kellerman and Damien Woody.

"I don't know if you replace Jimmy Garoppolo with Carson Wentz, [the 49ers] play in the Super Bowl," Kellerman said during a segment on First Take. "The fact of the matter is, while he has much better upside, Garoppolo is consistent ... It's ironic that he blew it in the Super Bowl because he's consistent when you need him to be."

Added Kellerman: "When Wentz has missed time, the Eagles have been fine. When Garoppolo has missed time, they go from in the Super Bowl to the worst team in football. That's Garoppolo. It's not his teammates."

That fired up Woody, who asked Kellerman who he would take between the two quarterbacks as an effort to get the First Take host to admit that Wentz is better.
"Going forward, I would take Wentz because Wentz has more upside. Wentz is such a talent," Kellerman responded. "But right now, who's played better in the last couple of years? Garoppolo. Last season, rather? Garoppolo. Clearly he played better."

Wentz had a career season last year, completing 63.9 percent of his passes for 4,039 yards with 27 touchdowns and just seven interceptions. Some will point out that he did so with far less talent, too. Although, you could make the argument that the NFC West is far more competitive than the NFC East.

Garoppolo, by comparison, completed 69.1 percent of his passes for 3,978 yards with 27 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

What a terrible take. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

@Kellerman ... child please

That boy is chasing those ratings hard...lol.

• Like 2

Keller man is an idiot so don’t really care what he has to say. 

I would definitely not swap Wentz for Jimmy. That’s not even being a homer, there ARE several QBs I’d trade Wentz for, but Jimmy isn’t one of them. 

• Like 3

Who is Kellerman? 

When something like this appears ask, "who gains". Kellerman probably gets scoops and stories from Jimmy G's agent and pays him back with nonsense like this. 

17 hours ago, nipples said:

Keller man is an idiot so don’t really care what he has to say. 

I would definitely not swap Wentz for Jimmy. That’s not even being a homer, there ARE several QBs I’d trade Wentz for, but Jimmy isn’t one of them. 

Couldn't agree more. Jimmy G is a good QB but he's not on the same level as Wentz. He's a QB you can win win, as proven, but not one you necessarily build around like some other QBs.

On 7/4/2020 at 5:24 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

"When Wentz has missed time, the Eagles have been fine. When Garoppolo has missed time, they go from in the Super Bowl to the worst team in football. That's Garoppolo. It's not his teammates."

Kellerman is an idiot.  This is literally the dumbest argument I've ever heard.   I think ESPN tries to find idiots that can yell really loud, then gives them talk shows.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Kellerman is an idiot.  This is literally the dumbest argument I've ever heard.   I think ESPN tries to find idiots that can yell really loud, then gives them talk shows.  

That whole statement is so funny. Yes it's all down to Garropolo. All hail king Garropolo. 

Max needs to stick to boxing. He has no clue about football.

Shame on all of you for getting baited.  This is Kellerman's schtick.  Skip Bayless's schtick is the Cowboys are always on top and Dak is better than Wentz.  Wentz could win the next 2 Superbowls, and Kellerman would have a topic of first take that discusses how Daniel Jones will finish his career as a better QB than Carson Wentz.  Its TV CLICKBAIT!!  Stop falling for it!  

8 hours ago, hputenis said:

Shame on all of you for getting baited.  This is Kellerman's schtick.  Skip Bayless's schtick is the Cowboys are always on top and Dak is better than Wentz.  Wentz could win the next 2 Superbowls, and Kellerman would have a topic of first take that discusses how Daniel Jones will finish his career as a better QB than Carson Wentz.  Its TV CLICKBAIT!!  Stop falling for it!  

Its also a message board... We talk about articles and reports. It's also rather quiet out there on the football front. No harm in us discussing how idiotic these takes are. 

• Like 1

What a dumb argument that the Eagles win without Wentz and the 49ers don’t win without Garoppolo. The logic is simple; the Eagles have had better backups than the 49ers. 

He's more handsome, thats for sure :drool:

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

What a dumb argument that the Eagles win without Wentz and the 49ers don’t win without Garoppolo. The logic is simple; the Eagles have had better backups than the 49ers. 

And the 49ers have undergone a major rebuild that has included the arrival of Garrapolo.