Weekly line thread: Eagles -6(ish) at Buccaneers

Hawkeye

Very few 1pm kickoffs for Your Philadelphia Eagles this year.  After the mini-bye, they go back on the road to Tampa Bay in prime time next Monday Night,  where Baker Mayfield is off to a terrific start. Why the Super Bowl runner up plays 2 of their first 3 (and 4 of their first 6) games on the road is a question for another thread, but it is what it is.

Bucs are 2-0 SU and ATS, with one game going over and one under.
The Eagles  are 1-0-1 ATS (2-0 SU as we all know) and both games went over the total.

I'm seeing everything from -5.5 to -6.5 out there, but the total is holding steady at 46.

Line: Eagles -5.5/6/6.5 over Buccaneers
Total: 46
Moneyline: Eagles -275/Buccaneers +225

That seems really high. Bucs are 2-0 and our offense is struggling. What is Vegas seeing that we dont?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, opa-opa said:

That seems really high. Bucs are 2-0 and our offense is struggling. What is Vegas seeing that we dont?

Implied score: Eagles 26, Bucs 20.

Eagles win another ugly one on the road.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Vegas will shade sides/teams the public over-bets. I expected it would open somewhere around Eagles -4.5 to 5. My theory is the line was shaded about a point and the market is moving it south to 5.5, which is where it is now. 

23 hours ago, MidMoFo said:

Implied score: Eagles 26, Bucs 20.

Eagles win another ugly one on the road.

More than likely, Eagles 34, Bucs 12.  Bucs defense is decent, but BLOWS it in Zone Coverage.

23 hours ago, BucsMooz said:

More than likely, Eagles 34, Bucs 12.  Bucs defense is decent, but BLOWS it in Zone Coverage.

Hopefully, but the question was: what is Vegas seeing…

They tell you exactly what they’re seeing.

At the time, it was a 46 point over/under with the Eagles favored by 6.

Implied total (Vegas prediction) comes to Eagles 26, Bucs 20.

If that is indeed the final score, I would venture to say the majority of Eagles fans would consider it an ugly win.

• Like 1

Not sure I like that line but vegas knows what it is doing. I think this is going to be an ugly game again and I wouldn’t be completely shocked if we drop one here. Tampa aren’t a really good team but they have looked solid and we will need to be much better than we have been.

• Like 1

The Bucs have two really good WRs. Against the Eagles meh Secondary. So the D-Line play will have to be very good for our Birds. Hopefully the D will continue to produce turnovers. 

• Like 2

On 9/19/2023 at 11:46 AM, opa-opa said:

1. The Bucs have beat bad competition

2. The Eagles are still viewed as a top 3 team

3. Their QB is Baker Mayfield

4. The Eagles have had more time to prepare 

Even though the offense hasn't been humming, the Eagles ended up scoring the 4th most points for the week last week. The neutrals and the money would lean towards them. On paper they should kill Tampa. They have lost their last 4 vs the Bucs, but it would be hard to see them make that 5 in a row

The Bucs are w/o their starting rt. tackle. I look for Hasaan Reddick to have at least 3 sacks in this game.

• Like 2

I smell a trap game.  Eagles haven't looked good the past couple of games while winning, haven't beaten Tampa since Foles won down there during his rookie year, and Tampa has looked good so far.

3 hours ago, Procus said:

I smell a trap game.  Eagles haven't looked good the past couple of games while winning, haven't beaten Tampa since Foles won down there during his rookie year, and Tampa has looked good so far.

I’m not sure if we can call this a trap game, because of the Eagles struggles with Tampa, the fact they are 2-0 also, Tampa is home, the Eagles haven’t beaten anyone, and they have struggled to do so. The Eagles on MNF need to come out and prove they’re one of the elite teams in the league. They can not overlook Tampa for any reason. The fans may think Tampa is a team the Eagles should overlook, but there’s no reason why the Eagles should. If the Eagles don’t look better in this game then perhaps there are bigger issues at play than just them overlooking an undefeated football team in their home. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not sure if we can call this a trap game, because of the Eagles struggles with Tampa, the fact they are 2-0 also, Tampa is home, the Eagles haven’t beaten anyone, and they have struggled to do so. The Eagles on MNF need to come out and prove they’re one of the elite teams in the league. They can not overlook Tampa for any reason. The fans may think Tampa is a team the Eagles should overlook, but there’s no reason why the Eagles should. If the Eagles don’t look better in this game then perhaps there are bigger issues at play than just them overlooking an undefeated football team in their home. 

They may have struggled the first 2 games but, even with that they still were up 2 to 3 scores in both games it's not as bad as people keep making it. I highly doubt they are over looking any games..... that's just what fans say when a good team loses to a bad team. 

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They may have struggled the first 2 games but, even with that they still were up 2 to 3 scores in both games it's not as bad as people keep making it. I highly doubt they are over looking any games..... that's just what fans say when a good team loses to a bad team. 

Just stating overall this doesn’t feel like what most consider a trap game. You know that bad team that gets overlooked sandwiched between two good teams or divisional opponents. If the Eagles lose it won’t be because they overlooked the Bucs. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Just stating overall this doesn’t feel like what most consider a trap game. You know that bad team that gets overlooked sandwiched between two good teams or divisional opponents. If the Eagles lose it won’t be because they overlooked the Bucs. 

Even last year some people acted like we were the worst 8-0 team ever and once the loss to the commander happened some people tried to say I told you so! We are exposed!  they are in trouble now! It's exhausting in here sometimes lol. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Even last year some people acted like we were the worst 8-0 team ever and once the loss to the commander happened some people tried to say I told you so they are in trouble now! It's exhausting in here sometimes lol. 

True. One guy was recently acting like the Eagles basically got lucky to go to the Super Bowl and be undefeated right now. Some straight crazy people in this fan base. 

• Like 2

On 9/22/2023 at 10:05 PM, EazyEaglez said:

True. One guy was recently acting like the Eagles basically got lucky to go to the Super Bowl and be undefeated right now. Some straight crazy people in this fan base. 

Justin Fields is awesome because running stats and pretending things about his arm. Just ask his 5-22 record.

Jalen Hurts is overrated because 19-1 in his last 20 regular season games (21-3 counting playoffs) is just luck. 🤡 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Justin Fields is awesome because running stats and pretending things about his arm. Just ask his 5-22 record.

Jalen Hurts is overrated because 19-1 in his last 20 regular season games (21-3 counting playoffs) is just luck. 🤡 

You know what’s funny? Russ Wilson just had a game where he threw for 306 and his team lost by 50. I’m absolutely certain there are people in this fan base that would be blaming everyone but Russ for it just like those old days when they would blame everyone but the quarterback for it too. Unfortunately for Jalen he gets the blame for losses (after all it’s his fault he wasn’t there cause he got hurt right….) and no credit for the wins. This isn’t everyone obviously. Just the clueless people. 

It would be nice for an easy Eagles win but we all know it rarely happens. It’s almost always a dog fight until the end.

• Confused 1