Mat's teams 2023

Mat

My teams below

10 team - standard scoring

Screenshot_20230927-175315_Fantasy.thumb.jpg.6bd6a7b874a17a918d2c2d7452603789.jpg

Screenshot_20230927-175326_Fantasy.thumb.jpg.030dd7e0ade3884d0727689c6058ba16.jpg

TE is weak, I somehow picked up LaPorta on waivers. I'm trying to swing a trade for Kelce or Hockenson using my RB depth. I'm 1-2 at the moment but feel like I have a strong team. 

For this week I'm also looking at dropping the Ravens for the Bengals D/ST

12 team PPR - WU league

Screenshot_20230927-182034_Fantasy.thumb.jpg.475ff5b8143c7a583919235f0b427218.jpg

Screenshot_20230927-182045_Fantasy.thumb.jpg.cb774e6aad8e3349707937ebef366e64.jpg

I had a monster week but I'm still not happy with my team. WR2 and both flex spots look questionable. A Taylor trade will make me feel better about Moss. My bench is all boom or bust prospects and I'm a bit iffy on a few of them. I'm 3-0 and just top scored for the week so I probably shouldn't be too picky

10 team, team league 

Screenshot_20230927-182420_Fantasy.thumb.jpg.f168d8ba9b4b285d1a853091c67c627b.jpg

Screenshot_20230927-182434_Fantasy.thumb.jpg.eb20e08670a6ce93ab6d0b1537d5dae0.jpg

Screenshot_20230927-182445_Fantasy.thumb.jpg.e10438b55405a4576fe56f2a52006468.jpg

Screenshot_20230927-182456_Fantasy.thumb.jpg.cbe9595c4961ed34e45f183715832b44.jpg

Saints and Steelers are disasters. I have no RB's that I feel I can depend on, fingers crossed for Kamara

Kelce trade was rejected. Hoping I can get Hockenson 

I went 3-0 across all three leagues this week

League 1

I had the 2nd highest score of the week and have won my last two games, this was with Ekeler on the bench and some average scores on the field. I am hitting a pretty grim bye week for my team with Ekeler, Walker, Evans and Ford all having the week off. I might get Taylor in this week which will be a pretty good bye week replacement at the Flex. I also managed to drop Hunt and pick up Doubs who has been a target monster the last two weeks. TE may still be a problem with Goedert awful but I do have LaPorta. I got knocked back for Hockenson and Kelce and the Andrews owner seems oblivious to trade offers. It's probably the one spot I feel weak by comparison. 

63949577_Week5NFLTeam1.thumb.png.bf18da03dc26e8fd060ccafc7ecd2d11.png

League 2

I am still undefeated in this league with another pretty good score (154.08) which was the third highest of the week. I feel my lack of depth is about to catch up with me, I am missing Herbert and Walker, thankfully I have Richardson and he has put up some great scores. Kupp is expected to return this week making Nacua not the same option as the first couple of weeks through the season. Moss could very well be in the same boat with Taylor due to return. My already week flex spots are looking even thinner. I have made a couple of add/drops this week. I added Wilson from the Cards after he caught a couple of TD's off 7 targets and dropped Sky Moore. I also picked Justice Hill back up as he may be my best longshot RB option if Moss is relegated in his role. So RB and my two flex spots seem to be the what the hell do I do here questions of the week?

1110086862_Week5NFLTeam2.thumb.png.0b630875cb28cb7d39ca56889788739f.png

League 3

I beat @Agent23 with my awful team and that's all that matters. Steelers and Saints have both screwed me. Bills were a pretty good pick in the end. Now I have a mountain of injuries so a bad case is becoming worse 

1962309662_Week5NFLTeam3.1.thumb.png.b19bb3044f82444c963bb1f6758d4f1e.png

1266478540_Week5NFLTeam3.2.thumb.png.37ee6bdf178d702e4876e8337f0bf43d.png

• Like 1

So the Andrews owner traded Andrews for Stroud, Hunter Henry and Rachaad White. I offered Kyren Williams and LaPorta for Drake London and Andrews last week.

I forgot how sketchy the trades are in this league. Same guy got Burrow in Decmeber for an injured Lamar, a D and Najee from a dude not even in the playoffs. No veto options either

I won all 3 leagues again

League 1

QB - Allen
RB - Walker
RB - Kyren Williams
WR - Diggs
WR - Waddle
TE - Goedert
Flex - Ekeler
D/ST - Ravens
K - Aubrey

Bench

Taylor
Evans
Pickens
Mostert
Ford
LaPorta
Doubs

IR

Richardson

I think I might be okay at TE. LaPorta actually looks legit and Goedert suddenly appears back on track. I have an excess of RB's and my weakness I would say is WR. I think Mostert is the one that may carry the most value this week to try and move. I have offered him straight up for Keenan Allen. The guy that owns Allen also has DJ Moore and Tyreek Hill. I feel like Allen has always been more of a PPR guy but I feel his volume will be ridiculous if Herbert is healthy. I am also thinking of going after Adams but I don't trust the Raiders. I'm thinking maybe Mostert and Waddle for Adams and Sanders as another trade offer. Thoughts?

League 2 

QB - Herbert
RB - McCaffrey
RB - Walker
WR - Chase
WR - Nacua
TE - Kittle
Flex 1 - Moss
Flex 2 - Rashee Rice
D/ST - Dolphins

Bench

Cooks
McKinnon
Anthony Richardson
Reynolds
Woods
Michael Wilson
Justice Hill

My flex spots and bench are absolute trash. I am wondering if Richardson has any value left for a team that has a late bye QB. Cooks is straight droppable but I'll give him this week because he had beat coverage a couple of times deep but Dak just sucks. McKinnon is useful if he gets back to prior form, Woods is a high volume low output guy and the rest are stabs in the dark. The rest of my roster is pretty legit though to carry it. 

League 3 

QB - Allen
RB - Kamara
RB - Cook
WR - Diggs
WR - Olave
TE - Kincaid
Flex 1 - Michael Thomas
Flex 2 - Jaylen Warren
OP - Derek Carr
D/ST - Saints
K - Bass

Bench

Pickett
Bryce Young
Najee Harris
Damien Harris
Knox
Bills D/ST
Freiermuth
Taysom Hill
Williams
Gabe Davis
Diontae Johnson
Pickens
Robinson II
Steelers D/ST
Kendre Miller
Shaheed
Justice Hill
Robert Woods
Winston
Emari Demercado

This team is trash but I keep winning. I've been lucky with opponents but at best it's a middle of the road team thanks to Derek Carr and the Steelers offense. 

Mostert for Allen was accepted. That team now looks like this 

League 1

QB - Allen
RB - Ekeler
RB - Walker
WR - Diggs
WR - Keenan Allen
TE - Goedert
Flex - Kyren Williams
D/ST - Ravens
K - Aubrey

Bench

Taylor
Evans
Pickens
Waddle
Ford
LaPorta
Doubs

IR

Richardson

I was happy to deal Mostert for a few reasons, Achane was getting a larger portion of the carries before his injury and while he is injured, he should be back in a month and it will continue to eat into Mostert's looks. You also have Wilson back and he should see some carries. Add 3 fumbles (1 lost) in the last fortnight and I can see his volume dropping around playoffs so it was the perfect time to sell high. I feel Allen is a better option in PPR, but he is an upgrade over Waddle right now and gives me the ability to play match-ups with Mike Evans and Waddle at WR2. I am hoping I can even find a package to go after someone like Chase

1-2 across all 3 leagues this week

League 1

QB - Allen
RB - Ekeler
RB - Kenneth Walker III
WR - Diggs
WR - Keenan Allen
TE - Goedert
Flex - Jerome Ford
D/ST - Browns 
K - D. Carlson

Bench

Taylor
Evans
Pickens
Waddle
C. Watson
LaPorta
Doubs

IR

Kyren Williams

This is the only league I won last week. I traded Mostert for Keenan Allen in hopes of upgrading my WR2 and getting rid of one of my backs who would be riding the pine. Mostert had a big week but when Achane returns down the track he will see a dip in production so it is a long term play. I dropped Richardson from my IR slot considering he is out for the season. Kyren Williams was listed as out so he has been moved there and will likely miss a couple of weeks. Someone dropped Christian Watson and I managed to slot him into my team. I also dropped Aubrey and the Ravens D/ST for Daniel Carlson and the Browns D/ST. The Ravens play the Lions this week while the Browns play Minshew and the Colts. 

My big decision is who do I start in the Flex and if I start Goedert or LaPorta. I'm leaning towards Goedert and Waddle, especially if Slay misses again 

League 2 

QB - Herbert
RB - McCaffrey
RB - Walker
WR - Chase - Bye
WR - Nacua
TE - Kittle
Flex 1 - Moss
Flex 2 - Rashee Rice
D/ST - Bucs 

Bench

Cooks - Bye
C. Reynolds
Jordan Mason
J. Reynolds
W. Robinson
D'Onta Foreman 
Justice Hill

First game this season I have lost in this league. A number of guys just didn't show up (Kittle and Nacua) and the in game injury to McCaffrey didn't help either. First move I made was putting in a waiver claim for Jordan Mason and dropped Anthony Richardson in case McCaffrey misses. I had dropped Wilson for Foreman on the Sunday and that might help for this week. I dropped the Dolphins D/ST for the Bucs, I am backing Ridder to stink it up so should hopefully pay off. I dropped Woods who is on a bye and has been getting like 2 receptions a week, I grabbed Robinson from the Giants who has seen a steady increase in points with a good target share. I also finally cut bait with McKinnon, he didn't have a rush last week and they're giving CEH a split of the snaps so he is useless to me. I picked up Craig Reynolds who could see a large number of carries with Montgomery out. 

I need to work out what I do with my flex spots this week and how do I cover Chase? I am thinking I field Rice at WR2 against the Chargers, I still think Moss holds one flex spot and if Foreman is the lone back again this week he starts for me in the other. If he isn't than I look at Craig Reynolds. 

League 3 

QB - Allen
RB - Kamara
RB - Cook
WR - Diggs
WR - Olave
TE - Freiermuth
Flex 1 - Michael Thomas
Flex 2 - Diontae Johnson
OP - Derek Carr
D/ST - Saints
K - Bass

Bench

Pickett
Bryce Young
Najee Harris
Damien Harris
Knox
Bills D/ST
Kincaid
Taysom Hill
J. Williams
Gabe Davis
Jaylen Warren
Pickens
Robinson II
Steelers D/ST
Kendre Miller
Shaheed
Justice Hill
Robert Woods
Winston
Kendrick Bourne

Demercado and Gabe Davis were both disasters for me. I started both ahead of Michael Thomas and it cost me my matchup. I dropped Demercado for Kendrick Bourne.  It's still a trash team 

3-0 across all three leagues again and top scored in league 2. 

League 1

QB - Allen
RB - Ekeler
RB - Kenneth Walker III
WR - Diggs
WR - Keenan Allen
TE - Goedert
Flex - Taylor
D/ST - Browns 
K - Hopkins

Bench

Jerome Ford
Evans
Pickens
Waddle
C. Watson
LaPorta
Kyler Murray

IR

Kyren Williams

I started Waddle in the Flex last week and Ford picked up an ankle injury giving me another RB that's banged up. I picked up Murray late last week for Doubs as a bench stash. I am Hopkins in for Carlson was my only add/drop this week. I'm pretty happy with the team otherwise. 

League 2 

QB - Herbert
RB - McCaffrey
RB - Walker
WR - Chase 
WR - Nacua
TE - Kittle
Flex 1 - D'Onta Foreman
Flex 2 - Rashee Rice
D/ST - Jets

Bench

Brandin Cooks
J. Reynolds
Zach Moss
Allgeier
Woods
Schultz
Kyler Murray

I top scored last week thanks to Foreman in the flex. I had an overhaul of my bench this week dropping C. Reynolds, Jordan Mason, Wan'Dale Robinson and Justice Hill for Allgeier, Woods, Schultz and Kyler Murray. I also nabbed the Jets D/ST for the Bucs. My depth is still pretty rubbish but I figure Allgeier is worth a lottery ticket if Robinson misses any games, Woods gets a ton of looks, Schultz I'll need for a Kittle bye replacement and Murray I like as that bench stash if anything happens to Herbert. 

League 3 

QB - Allen
RB - Kamara
RB - Cook
WR - Diggs
WR - Olave
TE - Kincaid
Flex 1 - Pickens
Flex 2 - Diontae Johnson
OP - Derek Carr
D/ST - Saints
K - Bass

Bench

Pickett
Bryce Young
Najee Harris
Damien Harris
Knox
Bills D/ST
Freiermuth
Taysom Hill
J. Williams
Gabe Davis
Jaylen Warren
Michael Thomas
Royce Freeman
Steelers D/ST
Pierre Strong
Shaheed
Justice Hill
Robert Woods
Jonnu Smith 
Kendrick Bourne

This team still sucks but I managed a win. Three moves this week, Strong for Miller, Freeman for Allen Robinson and Jonnu Smith for Winston. 

• 1 month later...

Is Ekeler bench worthy this week? My other backs are Kyren Williams, Kenneth Walker, Chuba Hubbard, Jerome Ford, Ty Chandler and I have Taylor stashed on IR and it looks like he is due to return this week. I also have Diggs, Evans, Waddle and Keenan Allen as WR options meaning I could start one of those 3 in the flex as well.