Perry Mason - HBO

mikemack8

Stars Matthew Rhys - anyone else watching?  I’m two episodes in - pretty dark and the pace is slow but I’m enjoying it enough to stick with it.  

Pretty good show. They nailed the look for the time period and Rhys is really good as the lead. Slow like you said, but i'll stick with it.

The female preacher is intriguing - can't figure out what direction they're gonna go with her.

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody else watching?  Last 2 episodes have been fantastic - now that he's actually become, you know, a lawyer.  

I might give it a shot.  I can't get it out of my head that it's from the early 1960s.  😂

9 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Nobody else watching?  Last 2 episodes have been fantastic - now that he's actually become, you know, a lawyer.  

I am watching - huge fan of The Americans, so Matthew Rhys was reason enough to watch. Started slow, but has really gotten much better with each episode. 

• Like 1

Action packed episode this past weekend - I'm wondering if they'll get it all wrapped up this week or push some of this storyline to season 2.

Finale was great. Tied together a lot of loose ends. The first 20 or so minutes was a bold choice and a good swerve they pulled off. Solid show that was way better than it had any right to be.

• Like 2