More Cowboy BS From The Media

EaglesNation

So the Eagles went ahead and beat the Cowboys (and covered btw), yet when you listen to the media this week, you would swear on everything that the Cowboys won the game. All I keep hearing about is how Prescott was AMAZING blah blah blah... Now before I cut him off at the knees, let me be real... He did play well, outside of some fundamentals at the end, he had a very good game. But I listen to "GET UP" show and they actually think he was the best player on the field?  No no no no... That title belongs to Jalen Hurts and I can prove it. First off... before I get into stats... Let me acknowledge the context of the situation, because that freaking matters...

Jalen Hurts had the much higher degree of difficulty.

• Dak had wide open receivers everywhere because quite frankly... our passing defense is GARBAGE. Cowboys secondary is playing lightyears better atm.
  • Jalen hurts is obviously hurt and is playing on one freaking leg seemingly.

Now lets get into the stats.  Here is the stat line at the end of the game...

• Jalen Hurts:  17/23  207 yards  2 TDs  1 TD rushing
  • Dak Prescott:  29/44  374 yards  3 TDs

Now when you just gloss over those numbers, first initial feeling might be that Prescot was the better player.  However... here are some things to consider...

• Jalen Hurts:  74% completion  9.0 yards/attempt  130.16 passer rating
  • Dak Prescott:  66% completion  8.5 yards/attempt  115.15 passer rating

But here is what the media refuses to acknowledge. The Eagles went ULTRA CONSERVATIVE the last three drives of the game (Run Run Run Punt). In fact... when the Eagles took the 2-score lead to go up 28-17, Jalen Hurts had 204 passing yards and Dak Prescot had 168 passing yards. So yes... Dak and the Cowboys only look better from a yardage perspective due to the Jalen and the Eagles taking their foot off the throttle in the 4th quarter.  Till that point... its clear as day that Hurts was OUTPLAYING Prescott.  Even on a good Prescott day.  

RANT OVER...

• Like 4

Uh, I've been listening to/watching "the media" fawn over the Eagles as the best team in the league and Hurts, in particular, as being "the toughest player in the NFL" all morning. 

Prescott played lights out and the Eagles still found a way to win, thanks to Hurts.  I'm just not feeling the Eagles Hate that makes us all so happy...

• Like 3

They keep saying Dallas showed they were the better team

Dak played his best game and still lost

Eagles didn't play their best and still won

Do the math if they get their crap figured out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

They keep saying Dallas showed they were the better team

Dak played his best game and still lost

Eagles didn't play their best and still won

Do the math if they get their crap figured out

Dallas played to loose. Eagles played to win. Eagles have not put a complete game together yet. Dallas shot their shot but unlike Jason's brother Travis that shot fell short of the prize.

If we can get over the self inflicted wounds the Eagles will be literally unstoppable.

• Like 2

They won...but I haven't seen secondary play that bad since Fletcher and Williams were being burnt up and down the field. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EaglesNation said:

So the Eagles went ahead and beat the Cowboys (and covered btw), yet when you listen to the media this week, you would swear on everything that the Cowboys won the game. All I keep hearing about is how Prescott was AMAZING blah blah blah... Now before I cut him off at the knees, let me be real... He did play well, outside of some fundamentals at the end, he had a very good game. But I listen to "GET UP" show and they actually think he was the best player on the field?  No no no no... That title belongs to Jalen Hurts and I can prove it. First off... before I get into stats... Let me acknowledge the context of the situation, because that freaking matters...

Jalen Hurts had the much higher degree of difficulty.

• Dak had wide open receivers everywhere because quite frankly... our passing defense is GARBAGE. Cowboys secondary is playing lightyears better atm.
  • Jalen hurts is obviously hurt and is playing on one freaking leg seemingly.

Now lets get into the stats.  Here is the stat line at the end of the game...

• Jalen Hurts:  17/23  207 yards  2 TDs  1 TD rushing
  • Dak Prescott:  29/44  374 yards  3 TDs

Now when you just gloss over those numbers, first initial feeling might be that Prescot was the better player.  However... here are some things to consider...

• Jalen Hurts:  74% completion  9.0 yards/attempt  130.16 passer rating
  • Dak Prescott:  66% completion  8.5 yards/attempt  115.15 passer rating

But here is what the media refuses to acknowledge. The Eagles went ULTRA CONSERVATIVE the last three drives of the game (Run Run Run Punt). In fact... when the Eagles took the 2-score lead to go up 28-17, Jalen Hurts had 204 passing yards and Dak Prescot had 168 passing yards. So yes... Dak and the Cowboys only look better from a yardage perspective due to the Jalen and the Eagles taking their foot off the throttle in the 4th quarter.  Till that point... its clear as day that Hurts was OUTPLAYING Prescott.  Even on a good Prescott day.  

RANT OVER...

It was Dak's best game ever. So it is not surprising that the media is praising him. The way Dak was screaming as the Eagles sacked him at the end of the game, was inspiring. The way Dak threw the ball into the ground as Riddick was closing with his fists directed towards Dak's shoulders was fabulous. Lets give praise Dak in another loosing effort.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I generally don't pay much attention to media coverage (for nearly all topics/subjects). But the way the Eagles seemed almost intent on giving the game away, I could understand if there was some negative Eagles coverage and maybe even some positive Dallass coverage.

But with the way things were going, I'd more expect the coverage of the Cowboys to be somewhat negative. Why? Because a better team would have found a way to take advantage and win that game. 

We can't do those things against actual, good NFL teams. The Chiefs wouldn't pull a 'Cowboys' in that situation. I wouldn't expect the 49ers to either. We have a good bit to clean up before we take on good teams. 

• Like 2

We know the media always loves to talk about Dallas.  Last year after the Eagles won the game, the broadcast announcers immediately talked about the potential Dallas had, getting Dak back from injury and their upcoming games.  

This week they're framing it as Dallas played better, blaming refs and the Eagles "survived" and "found a way to win."

I saw a clip from one of the ESPN shows (one that has Rex Ryan on the panel whatever that is) and one of the panel said his takeaway from the game was:  Dak hadn't proven he could play championship level in must win games...and he proved that.  Uh, they LOST the game.  Yes Dak played a good game and no turnovers, that's a pretty low bar.  

People are admitting Jalen Hurts also played well and praising that Philly finds ways to win, but they love to talk about the Cowboys. 

• Like 1

It's good for ratings/clicks.  Haters and fans alike love talking about Dallas even if it's complaining about how much they hate Dallas and the media talks about them.  Either way they make their money.

• Like 1

Some of the commentary in the national media is a joke.  I'd rather be an Eagles fan right now than a Dallas fan...That's for sure.  The moral victory narrative is especially laughable. So ridiculous.  

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, JamesK said:

Some of the commentary in the national media is a joke.  I'd rather be an Eagles fan right now than a Dallas fan...That's for sure.  The moral victory narrative is especially laughable. So ridiculous.  

Dallas won a moral victory by loosing the game to their dreaded division rival? A game with huge playoff implications I might add. WTF is this ISH? A Moral victory in the NFL? Does it make the playoffs? Does it win the Superbowl? That's some bull****. Moral victory? get out here with that ISH. There is no victory if you lost the game. The NFL season is way to short with to few games for moral victories to be a thing.

Dallas lost because Dallas SUCKS.

The Dallas Cowboys, coming up short for the last 30 years.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

It's good for ratings/clicks.  Haters and fans alike love talking about Dallas even if it's complaining about how much they hate Dallas and the media talks about them.  Either way they make their money.

This.

We live in a world where hot takes sell tickets.  Every channel, every day, someone is yelling at someone else about something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Irvin said the Cowgirls lost in order to learn. 😂🤣😂 Keep on learning Cowfrauds. 

Big D is for Delusional 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To see things from a different point of view:

I think it would have been a lot more painful for Eagles fans to lose that game, in that way. Choking away a game to an inferior division rival. Eagles fans would have rioted or jumped off buildings.

I think thats what they mean by a moral victory. 

19 hours ago, EaglesNation said:

All I keep hearing about is how Prescott was AMAZING blah blah blah..

He cut himself off at the knees when he went out of bounds on the 2 point attempt and then choked on the final drive. His stats may have looked better than Hurts but bottom line Jalen put up 28 points Dak only 23. Jalen led his team to the win, Dak choked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, opa-opa said:

To see things from a different point of view:

I think it would have been a lot more painful for Eagles fans to lose that game, in that way. Choking away a game to an inferior division rival. Eagles fans would have rioted or jumped off buildings.

I think thats what they mean by a moral victory. 

You have to win to have any sort of victory in the NFL.

A real moral victory would be the Eagles beating the Chiefs. The game itself has limited implications in regards to NFC playoffs beyond the win loss column. The defeated us in the SB. To get a win in the following meeting would be a huge moral victory.

But you need to win to have a victory. Dallas Sucks and this moral victory crap proves it.

They lost the game, lost playoff positioning, couldn't score when they needed to twice, and came up short. That's a LOSS in every category.

Things like this are why I hate Dallas so much. It's excruciating to be honest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Cowboys fans be like

c8de63c1-9b44-429c-bbdf-f1d58d91ee14_text.gif

That are still lying to themselves about their moral victories.