A question for Philly fans

MrGreenBay

If you’re playing DAL, NYG, or WAS then yes. Unless one of those teams winning would help us in playoff seeding. 

I guess really I only root for other teams to win if it helps us in some way. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, QuinnWR4 said:

If you’re playing DAL, NYG, or WAS then yes. Unless one of those teams winning would help us in playoff seeding. 

I guess really I only root for other teams to win if it helps us in some way. 

That's pretty much it.   GB is a NFC team, so we have to be aware of the playoff tiebreakers, so we want NFC teams to lose.  I have to admit I would probably root for GB to beat NE in most cases because I hate NE. But, if the playoffs are on the line and GB was in the race, I would probably hope GB would lose that game.

• Like 1

I don’t hate the Eagles, never have. You guys have beaten our hated rivals down. We love you for that.

• Like 4

As I've posted elsewhere, there is so much historical crossover between the Eagles and Packers going back to the Lombardi era, that I view the Pack as some kind of distant cousin to the Eagles. No hate, and if they do well when we're out of the picture, that's fine. You just keep beating the Cowboys and everything is good to go.

• Like 3

I’ve had a lot of Packer fan friends over the years, none of whom have been the arrogant obnoxious type. It helps not to build a resentment towards them, so I don’t mind them doing well, especially if they’re still alive after the Birds are out of it. 

• Like 1

I enjoy watching elite offensive players (outside our division) play football.  This includes Rodgers, though he seems to have lost something over the last couple years.

Before I was aware that Medford Lakes was part of Eagles country, I was a Green Bay fan. But that was the Bart Starr, Ray Nitschke era, and I was 6. I try not to hate any teams. But there was just no way to grow up through the early Superbowl years of Eagles-hating, Dallas-praising announcers, NOT to hate Dallas at least. Oh yeah, though the names have changed, those kinds of announcers are still around.

• Like 1

I don't really root for any other teams, I'll root against teams, like all other NFC East teams and the Patriots, so in that sense I suppose you could say that I'm rooting 'for' the other team. But no, I don't specifically root 'for' any other teams. 

As for the Packers, I still hold it against them for Randall's knee (Bryce Paup). I also hold it against them for signing Reggie, but not as much as I hold at against Braman for not re-signing him. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't really root for any other teams, I'll root against teams, like all other NFC East teams and the Patriots, so in that sense I suppose you could say that I'm rooting 'for' the other team. But no, I don't specifically root 'for' any other teams. 

As for the Packers, I still hold it against them for Randall's knee (Bryce Paup). I also hold it against them for signing Reggie, but not as much as I hold at against Braman for not re-signing him. 

This.

• Like 1

I sure rooted for you in the playoffs three seasons ago.  Aside from that...no and goodbye. 

On 7/10/2020 at 11:55 PM, MrGreenBay said:

You guys Root for us when we’re not playing you guys? 

I enjoyed watching Favre play, "rooted" is a strong word but he was such a tough MFer that was just a gunslinger.  Rodgers is a good guy, but somehow he's just not as likeable.   

I will not be rooting against Nick Folian Dynamiate this year and I'm sure most of my fellow Eagle fans are with me.  

Depends on who you are playing and where each team fits into my hate-o-meter

ehh...When yous got Reggie, I rooted. Against the Steelers in the SB, I rooted for yous..other than that, i really dont. all depends on playoff seedings and such. 

I was born in Janesville, WI so yea, I've always liked the Pack.  Moved to Philly when I was 5.  Eagles all the way, but I don't hate to see the Packers win (against anyone but us).  After that its anybody but Dallas or New England. 

I kinda like the Pack. Big Rodgers fan.

there’s always been teams i like and teams i dislike. i never disliked the packers. rodgers has always been fun to watch and i enjoyed watching favre play for most of his career

I never "root” for another team unless in some way that team is helping the Eagles. 

On 7/17/2020 at 7:09 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I kinda like the Pack. Big Rodgers fan.

I still hold a grudge from that game when he was laughing at our defense. 

Nope. Just don't mind when y'all win if it doesn't affect us. 

On 7/11/2020 at 1:34 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't really root for any other teams, I'll root against teams, like all other NFC East teams and the Patriots. I don't specifically root 'for' any other teams.

I consider myself a 'closet' Jets fan unless they're playing the Eagles.

As for the Packers, I still hold it against them for Randall's knee (Bryce Paup).

Meetoo.

I also hold it against them for signing Reggie

I don't hold it against GB for signing Reggie but I absolutely despise Norman Braman & Harry Gamble

for not signing him and then making excuses as to why they let him get away.   Friggin'  MORONS.

In order the teams i hate:

1) cowboys

2) the giants and washington

3) the rest of the league equally

i never root for any of them unless their winning helps the eagles.