Chiefs have a bye to the Superbowl

Eagles1960

Bengals-cooked without Burrow

Jaguars-not ready for primetime.  Niners exposed them

Bills-haven't recovered with three high quality defensive starters out for the year.  Just not their year anyway.

Ravens-the main competition but it will be though without Andrew.  Jackson relies on him more than anybody else.

Now look at the Eagles competition:  Niners, Cowgirls, Lions.  NFC has a much tougher road to the Superbowl.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, pisceschica said:

And Mahommes has never played a road plyaoff game. He probably won't this year either.

Laid an egg when he played in Tampa's home SB game.  That was like a road game.

On 11/18/2023 at 4:32 PM, Mike030270 said:

You forgot Fins. Also I think Texans could make a late push

Texans doing damage? Please.

On 11/17/2023 at 4:56 PM, Eagles1960 said:

Bengals-cooked without Burrow

Jaguars-not ready for primetime.  Niners exposed them

Bills-haven't recovered with three high quality defensive starters out for the year.  Just not their year anyway.

Ravens-the main competition but it will be though without Andrew.  Jackson relies on him more than anybody else.

Now look at the Eagles competition:  Niners, Cowgirls, Lions.  NFC has a much tougher road to the Superbowl.

The quartet of NFc contenders Eagles/49ers/Lions/Cowboys

Trio of AFc contenders Chiefs/Ravens/Jags

Potential party crashers/tough playoff outs AFC: Texans/Phins/Browns  NFC:  Vikings/hawks

I'm on the Texans wagon I think they can step up and be the 4th AFC contender by the time we get there.

Seems pretty even to me.  The only real difference is AFc has a LOT more "frisky" spoiler types while the NFc has a half dozen strait trash pushovers.

14 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

They're currently the 6th seed and their last 7 games are winnable

15 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

I really like the Texans over the Phins.  Demeco's d is on the rise & they got the pieces up front coupled with Stingley about to break out.  OLine has no depth but when healthy they are formidable and can run the rock on you.  Stroud of course is playing lights out.  Miami is soft and as the weather turns that's only going to show up even more.  They got enough cupcakes on the schedule to win 12 games but IMHO the Phins are phrauds.

17 hours ago, Procus said:

Laid an egg when he played in Tampa's home SB game.  That was like a road game.

You're really counting that?  99% of the time neither team is playing a true "home" game in the super bowl. 

And to be fair to him, didn't they have a lot of their off lineman missing in that game?

• Like 1

Ravens are the threat but they've been trash in the playoffs in recent years. Their D is legit and Lamar might be able to make enough plays to win games

Texans are my sneaky pick in the AFC as well. Stroud is playing amazing as a rookie and they have great pieces on both sides of the ball. I see them winning a playoff game

Browns also don't have a QB and their best offensive player in Chubb is out for the year. I can't see the D carrying them but they will be a tough matchup

• 2 weeks later...

Is it me or watching Chiefs fans in denial about the WR's gives deja vu to the Trash and Stinkston days?  The Chiefs Wr's are basically ALL a bunch of tall fast dudes that disappear in big moments (Pinkstons) and gimmick #4 types that can't run a route (Thrash).  It's like they have 3 of each type over there 🤣

8 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Is it me or watching Chiefs fans in denial about the WR's gives deja vu to the Trash and Stinkston days?  The Chiefs Wr's are basically ALL a bunch of tall fast dudes that disappear in big moments (Pinkstons) and gimmick #4 types that can't run a route (Thrash).  It's like they have 3 of each type over there 🤣

At least Reid won 2 Super Bowls for them. He did nothing for us.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm done with blaming the supporting cast in KC.  They have a top 5ish defense. an excellent interior OLine and a RB who runs like he's on fire.  The reason they refuse to play complimentary football starts at the top..  AR who has never in 25 yrs as HC, adjusted to a run first offense when needed, Mahomes who's ego at the top of his prime won't let him be a game manager instead of wizard boy and Gawd help the poor shmuck who tells Taylor Swifts boyfriend he's gotta be an in line blocker with 4-5 targets the rest of the year.

Chiefs are every bit as broken as eagles, neither make it out of Divisional round.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 7:43 PM, wrestlevessel said:

At least Reid won 2 Super Bowls for them. He did nothing for us.

Mahomes and Bienemy carried Reid to those 2 Super Bowls. Once Bienemy left, Reid is going back to Philly Reid again. It's great to see him lose games like Raiders game.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 3:24 AM, dawkins4prez said:

I'm done with blaming the supporting cast in KC.  They have a top 5ish defense. an excellent interior OLine and a RB who runs like he's on fire.  The reason they refuse to play complimentary football starts at the top..  AR who has never in 25 yrs as HC, adjusted to a run first offense when needed, Mahomes who's ego at the top of his prime won't let him be a game manager instead of wizard boy and Gawd help the poor shmuck who tells Taylor Swifts boyfriend he's gotta be an in line blocker with 4-5 targets the rest of the year.

Chiefs are every bit as broken as eagles, neither make it out of Divisional round.

We keep hearing about how bad the WR's are in KC. It's mostly the same group as last year but with Rice replacing JuJu and he has been slightly better than JuJu last year. They also have a better and more consistent running game that they could lean on. For all the crap people give Hurts about wanting to play hero ball, Mahomes does the same thing but worse running around in circles pointlessly and it has come to bite him in the ass chasing the big play.

The main spike has been the drop percentage which in part can be blamed on the WR's. They lead the league with a 6.85% drop rate compared to 5.5% last year. They actually had more 'bad throws' last year as well compared to this year. So the turnovers have gone up on a far lower percentage of bad throws, I'd be curious to see how many of the 2 extra INT's Mahomes has thrown this year are due to the WR's 

They finally leaned on the run game, Pacheco 18/130+.  That's the formula for them that can maybe get them to the AFCCG but does ANYBODY trust Reid/Mahomes/Kelce to stick with it for multiple playoff games?  

How's that bye coming along for KC?

MINUS 5???  Methinks Taylor is gonna decide she doesn't really like football after all.