Van Jefferson, WR, Florida - drafted by Rams

Ace Nova

This kid could easily fall into our laps into the 3rd round, 103rd pick.  If he's there at 103, he would be a steal.  Could likely be the best route runner in the entire draft.  Only reason he's falling in draft stock is because they discovered a fracture in his foot during the combine and he could not participate.  He actually has very good speed and was the fastest WR clocked during the Senior Bowl, faster than Devin Duvernay, Denzel Mims and Antonio Gibson...all who ran a sub 4.39 40 at the combine.  Basically, he has "near elite" in-game speed. 

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/gators-van-jefferson-senior-bowl-nfl-draft-combine-speed

• Like 2

I think he is the best route runner in the draft.  His dad is former NFL WR Shawn Jefferson, currently the Jets' WR coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Han Solo said:

I think he is the best route runner in the draft.  His dad is former NFL WR Shawn Jefferson, currently the Jets' WR coach.

Yeah, I wonder if they snag him with the 79th pick?  Although who knows, maybe they wouldn't want his father coaching his own son? 

I was listening to an Eagles pod the other day, really can't remember which one now, and they were so down on Van Jefferson. They said big no no. 

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I was listening to an Eagles pod the other day, really can't remember which one now, and they were so down on Van Jefferson. They said big no no. 

It’s hard to be that down on him in round 3. I wouldn’t take him in the 2nd, but the third? He’s worth a shot there. After drafting Lamb in round 1, of course. 

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

It’s hard to be that down on him in round 3. I wouldn’t take him in the 2nd, but the third? He’s worth a shot there. After drafting Lamb in round 1, of course. 

Oh they were though. They were out on Van Jefferson in any round. It may have been BGN with Kist, BLG and Kempski.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That’s all I needed to hear to say yes yes!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh they were though. They were out on Van Jefferson in any round. It may have been BGN with Kist, BLG and Kempski.

It was probably BwF. Bo has been throwing heavy shade at him any chance he gets

He is going to be 24 this year. Has mediocre production his entire college career. Smells like a bust.

Eagles are really staying away from injured player after what they have been through the last 2 seasons. That's probably why they would pass on this guy.

7 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It was probably BwF. Bo has been throwing heavy shade at him any chance he gets

Oh yeah you know what I think it was actually. Yeah he does not like Van Jefferson. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh yeah you know what I think it was actually. Yeah he does not like Van Jefferson. 

I don’t necessarily get it. His comp to me is a more athletic Jason Avant. If we can get that in the 3rd/4th, sign me up, as long as we did something else at the position. If we are going to say he’s the answer to our problems, yea we are in trouble. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don’t necessarily get it. His comp to me is a more athletic Jason Avant. If we can get that in the 3rd/4th, sign me up, as long as we did something else at the position. If we are going to say he’s the answer to our problems, yea we are in trouble. 

I agree with you. Bring in speed but I don't see that VJ is such a bad player. I actually think he's a little like Jefferson. VJ runs good routes, has good size and projects mostly to play out of the slot.

On 4/21/2020 at 3:22 PM, Han Solo said:

Id disagree he is the best route runner in the draft, but he is good. I like Pittman as well as one of the only good route runners left. Van is a bit faster then Pittman. Could be a interesting pick. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Id disagree he is the best route runner in the draft, but he is good. I like Pittman as well as one of the only good route runners left. Van is a bit faster then Pittman. Could be a interesting pick. 

I'd prefer Pittman for sure, all round I think he's the better pick. But I'm not completely against Van Jefferson though he's not the X receiver we now need. 

Jefferson can likely be had in the 3rd, Pittman shouldn’t get out of the second. So if you want that polished route running, sure-handed guy, then you either take Pittman at 53 if he’s there, or you go DB in the second and try to grab Jefferson in the third.