Peacock Streaming Service

Alpha_TATEr

for those that have xfinity this comes free. I checked it out. pretty good. a ton of archived content, both NBC and otherwise, some live stuff and it looks like some original content coming out as well.

I started watching the battlestar galatica reboot again. such a damn good show.

Peacock will have three tiers: a limited one that's free, an all-inclusive one that's $4.99 a month with ads and an all-inclusive one that's $9.99 a month without ads. 

The free tier limits how much you can watch. For example, Peacock planned to offer only select episodes of its originals free, withholding the rest inside its paywall. This limited free tier was planned to have access to roughly half of Peacock's total catalog of movies, current season TV, TV classics, curated daily news, sports, Hispanic programming and Peacock streaming channels. 

Both paid tiers are called Peacock Premium, basically an all-access pass to everything on the service. That means about 20,000 hours of content. Peacock Premium is $4.99 a month or $50 a year with advertising, or you can upgrade to an ad-free version for $9.99 a month or $100 a year. 

The tiers with advertising are supposed to have no more than five minutes of commercials per hour.

i don't have xfinity so i guess i'd have to pay. tbs, i don't plan on paying for it. only thing that could change my mind is when the office hits in 2021...although i'm hoping it will be part of the free tier. 

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i don't have xfinity so i guess i'd have to pay. tbs, i don't plan on paying for it. only thing that could change my mind is when the office hits in 2021...although i'm hoping it will be part of the free tier. 

They would be stupid not to have the office behind their paywall. 

I actually have Xfinity coming today to install cable. I gave up up on the live streaming services. They are getting more and more expensive and taking channels away or adding ones you don't want and jacking up the price. I'm up to 70 bucks a month for fubotv and still missing channels. 

So I've had enough messing around with that nonsense after all the streaming crap I was paying for I was up to 100 bucks a month. They are in cable territory at this point with out the reliability

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bill said:

They would be stupid not to have the office behind their paywall. 

agreed. it's wishful thinking on my part. 

I dont trust Comcast to not charge me for it, so I won't even be trying to use it. F Comcast. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

I dont trust Comcast to not charge me for it, so I won't even be trying to use it. F Comcast. 

I literally just got Comcast today and I went into the peacock app and right away they asked for email address and confirm my subscription to the premium peacock streaming service and I was like nope not happening lol

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I actually have Xfinity coming today to install cable. I gave up up on the live streaming services. They are getting more and more expensive and taking channels away or adding ones you don't want and jacking up the price. I'm up to 70 bucks a month for fubotv and still missing channels. 

So I've had enough messing around with that nonsense after all the streaming crap I was paying for I was up to 100 bucks a month. They are in cable territory at this point with out the reliability

$100? :blink:

I pay about $20 for Netflix and Disney+, shared with family who pays for Hulu and Amazon Prime. I have an HD antenna for free local channels. Easy.

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

I pay about $20 for Netflix and Disney+, shared with family who pays for Hulu and Amazon Prime. I have an HD antenna for free local channels. Easy.

I'm a sucker for live TV what can I say lol.

Also most of you pay for the top internet package and that runs 80 to 100 bucks. So add in your 20 for your streaming services and you are paying about what I'm paying

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

What do you pay for internet?

25 minutes ago, Smokesdawg said:

That's what I usually ask people and they usually tell me they have like the top internet package that at least around here is about 100 bucks. Then they tell me they have every damn streaming service known to man. So they are in most cases paying as much or more then me. I've been dealing with this streaming crap for years trying to get the cheapest deals and save a bunch of money. The streaming services keep going up and they have caps on lower internet packages so you have to get the top Internet . 

I wasn't saving money anymore so I just said the hell with it and got Xfinity. Because the 100 dollar internet plus 2 or 3 streaming services you are paying exactly what I'm paying for a bundle

35 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's what I usually ask people and they usually tell me they have like the top internet package that at least around here is about 100 bucks. Then they tell me they have every damn streaming service known to man. So they are in most cases paying as much or more then me. I've been dealing with this streaming crap for years trying to get the cheapest deals and save a bunch of money. The streaming services keep going up and they have caps on lower internet packages so you have to get the top Internet . 

I wasn't saving money anymore so I just said the hell with it and got Xfinity. Because the 100 dollar internet plus 2 or 3 streaming services you are paying exactly what I'm paying for a bundle

My xfinity package just went up about 35 bucks because my 24 month contract ended.  I called to downgrade and went through the normal procedures but the deals they were offering were not that great.  

I want to cut the cord and get youtube TV and then use other people's passwords for other streaming services but they only place go for reputable and fast internet is xfinity.  So i'd still be in the 125 dollar range per month; however, that is less money than xfinity wants to charge me for a triple play package.

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm a sucker for live TV what can I say lol.

Also most of you pay for the top internet package and that runs 80 to 100 bucks. So add in your 20 for your streaming services and you are paying about what I'm paying

1 hour ago, Smokesdawg said:

$75 for AT&T Fiber at 100mbps.  Started at $70 2 years ago and it's only gone up $5.  My wife and I both work from home so I need good internet regardless.  I'm not sure your point here, these days you need good internet regardless of TV.  Laptops, phones, tablets, we have Amazon Alexa and a Nest thermostat that uses wifi.  

When I had DirecTV I still needed internet but I was spending $120/month for 700 channels I never watched, most stuff on TV is garbage.  Extra fees for HDTV, fees per receiver, fees and taxes, contracts you're locked in.  When we didn't have any kids and would DVR lots of stuff we watched more.  But then we started watching more on Netflix and I was bored with the same old crap on regular TV.  I found that majority of shows were on Hulu the next day which my sister-in-law paid for.  So for me it was a total waste of money.  

I do agree there are getting to be too many streaming services but no one is forcing anyone to sign up for them.  Eventually they will start buying each other out or merging.  

It's also interesting that these new streaming services are bidding huge amounts of money to stream decades old shows like Friends, Seinfeld and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and more recent shows like The Office.  At least customers will have choices. With Cable/satellite you get to choose between Comcast or some other cable provider and DirecTV and get locked into contracts, need equipment, etc.  And you can't pick and choose channels, you have to use packages.  So you need to pay the highest if you want all the sports plus all the news plus all the kids channels...gets to be too much money and not worth it for me.

11 minutes ago, Smokesdawg said:

My xfinity package just went up about 35 bucks because my 24 month contract ended.  I called to downgrade and went through the normal procedures but the deals they were offering were not that great.  

I want to cut the cord and get youtube TV and then use other people's passwords for other streaming services but they only place go for reputable and fast internet is xfinity.  So i'd still be in the 125 dollar range per month; however, that is less money than xfinity wants to charge me for a triple play package.

$125/month for internet is crazy unless you really need that much juice.  

That's the other problem with the companies that provide both cable and internet.  We moved into a temporary apartment before we bought our house back in 2014.  I only wanted internet, no TV.  Comcast offered me $10 less per month if I also got the lowest TV package and it included free HBO and Showtime.  I had like 20 channels but also all the HBO and Showtime channels...cheaper than having just internet.  I think they do that to be able to say they have X number of customers on their product so they can sell to advertisers or something.  Otherwise why would I get all that extra stuff for $10 less?  

Comcast internet was getting too expensive here and had too many outages in this area, all my neighbors complained about it too.  Most of us switched to AT&T fiber and haven't had any problems and it's been cheaper too.

One of the things I like about streaming is no contracts or equipment so you're not bound to them, it's up to you if you want to cancel then sign up again.  More control.

2 hours ago, Smokesdawg said:

Well YouTube jacked there prices up to 65 bucks and lost some channels that's exactly what fubotv did. The more people cut the cord the more Xfinity is gonna up their Internet prices and the more services like YouTube tv is gonna keep upping there's because they have to keep paying more for channels like Viacom and Disney type channels. 

I started using YouTube tv and fubo tv they both went from 40-50 a month to 65 a month in the last year from having to negotiate with all these companies for their content. Then they drop ones they can't get a deal from. So at the end of the day you are paying more for less. 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

$125/month for internet is crazy unless you really need that much juice.  

That's the other problem with the companies that provide both cable and internet.  We moved into a temporary apartment before we bought our house back in 2014.  I only wanted internet, no TV.  Comcast offered me $10 less per month if I also got the lowest TV package and it included free HBO and Showtime.  I had like 20 channels but also all the HBO and Showtime channels...cheaper than having just internet.  I think they do that to be able to say they have X number of customers on their product so they can sell to advertisers or something.  Otherwise why would I get all that extra stuff for $10 less?  

Comcast internet was getting too expensive here and had too many outages in this area, all my neighbors complained about it too.  Most of us switched to AT&T fiber and haven't had any problems and it's been cheaper too.

One of the things I like about streaming is no contracts or equipment so you're not bound to them, it's up to you if you want to cancel then sign up again.  More control.

I like having more control but that's when I had options. I no longer have options anymore they all have had major increases for the same amount of channels or they picked up 5 new ones and dropped 5 more. So now I'm paying 65 instead of 50 for the same amount of channels plus I have internet. So it was just not worth it anymore. If they are gonna keep raising the prices and not really add anymore content then I might as well pay Comcast and get everything I want. 

People are insane thinking they need 100 dollar internet . I can stream work on the computer play video games and download stuff with 50mps. 

It's all a racket the live tv streams like YouTube tv are gonna price themselves out if the market and people are just gonna go back to cable. Comcast knows that especially since most need their service to stream those services

33 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I like having more control but that's when I had options. I no longer have options anymore they all have had major increases for the same amount of channels or they picked up 5 new ones and dropped 5 more. So now I'm paying 65 instead of 50 for the same amount of channels plus I have internet. So it was just not worth it anymore. If they are gonna keep raising the prices and not really add anymore content then I might as well pay Comcast and get everything I want. 

People are insane thinking they need 100 dollar internet . I can stream work on the computer play video games and download stuff with 50mps. 

It's all a racket the live tv streams like YouTube tv are gonna price themselves out if the market and people are just gonna go back to cable. Comcast knows that especially since most need their service to stream those services

I see, you're talking about services that basically attempt to replace cable with all the channels like Sling, YouTube TV, etc.  I don't have/need those.  It's just like cable as you're saying, if you want more than the basic channels you pay more.  Cable/satellite companies do those in tiers.  

Here's what I do and it works for me but everyone has different preferences and needs:

• Network/cable shows:  Hulu - FREE, sister-in-laws account. 
    • Doesn't have all shows especially with networks having their own streaming but I rarely watch network shows anyway, they suck. But you also get archived shows plus Hulu has some good original content and movies.
  • Local networks for news, weather, sports:  HD antenna - FREE (bought a $20 antenna one-time purchase)
  • Netflix:  what I watch majority of the time - $12
  • Disney+: $6, paid a full year up front to get a cheaper rate.  I'm sure this will go up eventually
  • Amazon Prime video:  FREE with Prime account, also shared with my sister-in-law (she uses our Netflix and Disney)

So I pay $18/month and don't feel I'm missing out on anything.  And my internet is only $75/month which I need regardless for working at home, wifi for tablets, phones, laptops, Alexa and Nest devices.  These are all worth paying more for internet if I needed to. 

This definitely doesn't work if you like lots of live sports on ESPN, Fox Sports, MLB, NBA, TNT, etc.  I watch games or highlights online for free so that doesn't bother me.  With the money I'm saving after cancelling cable/satellite I rent movies, go to the theater more or other entertainment. 

22 minutes ago, NOTW said:

This definitely doesn't work if you like lots of live sports on ESPN, Fox Sports, MLB, NBA, TNT, etc

This is where I need live tv the most because I watch a lot of NBA games and obviously eagles. I'm not close enough to any antennas to get me all the locals and the sixers/ Lakers are on Philly sports channel NBA tv or TNT or ESPN lol. 

There really is nothing on local channels I watch or care for other then the eagles but again I can't get signal on those. 

This is what I had and I had plenty of tv for the most part. 

Fubotv which has a ton of channels I enjoy but they finally added ESPN when there is no sports and dropped TBS and TNT and the closest sport to coming back is the NBA and they are primarily on TNT!! They also jacked the price up from 55 to 65. I thought ok that's fine I'll just jump over to YouTube tv but, they are also putting theirs up to 65 and they don't have the history channel. So that's 65 for that

Hulu which is 8 bucks no big deal but, it's mostly useless this time of year because new seasons of shows don't run during the summer. 

Netflix which I enjoy I pay 15 for the 4k package but they will continue to lose some content as more and more networks get their own streaming service. Plus after I watch what I like on there it is useless till something else comes out. 

Plus I have Vudu for new movies and old movies that's free unless I rent them. 

If I'm not watching sports or any of the Hulu or Netflix series I watch old sitcoms on tv land and logo, also history channel I enjoy some stuff and. 

So at the end of the day I was paying about 90-100 bucks a month and getting screwed out of a few channels I enjoy and prices keep going up. So might as well drop Hulu and Netflix and only use them when they have something I want then cancel again. 

Xfinity has every channel I want for the same price plus I have my own internet for once ( I was using my mom's password for the Xfinity hotspot which was not reliable) and the internet is 40 bucks and everything streams and down loads much faster and I get all of that for 125. So in my mind I'm paying the same for way more plus internet. 

• Like 1

All I know is the new psych movie isn’t behind the paywall. Thoroughly enjoying it!

I don't have cable. I was able to get it through my xbox for free. 

I mean wouldve never checked it out if it wasn't available for free. im good with Netflix, Prime, Disney+ and DC.

6 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

I mean wouldve never checked it out if it wasn't available for free. im good with Netflix, Prime, Disney+ and DC.

Once this gets the Office I imagine more people will be checking it out.  

On 7/15/2020 at 12:48 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well YouTube jacked there prices up to 65 bucks and lost some channels that's exactly what fubotv did. The more people cut the cord the more Xfinity is gonna up their Internet prices and the more services like YouTube tv is gonna keep upping there's because they have to keep paying more for channels like Viacom and Disney type channels. 

I started using YouTube tv and fubo tv they both went from 40-50 a month to 65 a month in the last year from having to negotiate with all these companies for their content. Then they drop ones they can't get a deal from. So at the end of the day you are paying more for less. 

Wait, what did YouTube drop?