Fraudberry must be benched

DBW

Seriously….every single catch on the game losing drive was his responsibility https://m.facebook.com/groups/eaglespositivefangroup/permalink/1425857151353809/?mibextid=PvxIeS

not even close to making a play in any of them.  Get your ass on the bench and keep it there you fraud!  It’s either a flag or you get toasted.  I’m done with this loser.

• Like 2

Hopefully he's gone next season. I just don't think they will bench him this season. He's on his 3rd team? Probably a reason for that.

The teams future CBs probably are Ringo and Ricks. Hmmm that sounds kinda catchy!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DBW said:

Seriously….every single catch on the game losing drive was his responsibility https://m.facebook.com/groups/eaglespositivefangroup/permalink/1425857151353809/?mibextid=PvxIeS

not even close to making a play in any of them.  Get your ass on the bench and keep it there you fraud!  It’s either a flag or you get toasted.  I’m done with this loser.

He's just too slow and low effort.  That's his problem. The reality is he's no different from last year.  But last year we had a monster pass-rush that covered for him.

Howie should have never resigned him the off season. Howie needs to do a better job  on what players he's bringing in/back

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Swimm said:

He's just too slow and low effort.  That's his problem. The reality is he's no different from last year.  But last year we had a monster pass-rush that covered for him.

Howie should have never resigned him the off season. Howie needs to do a better job  on what players he's bringing in/back

But as a coach how can Siri watch that and feel good about rolling him out there?  Ricks and Ringo basically allowed nothing.  Gotta give the kids a chance.  

• Like 2

This is who he was with the Giants. He's reverted back to that. Gone in the off season is the answer.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Hopefully he's gone next season. I just don't think they will bench him this season. He's on his 3rd team? Probably a reason for that.

The teams future CBs probably are Ringo and Ricks. Hmmm that sounds kinda catchy!!

Without using a post June 1 designation, cutting him would result in a $17.2M dead money hit to the 2024 cap (only $16M if he is traded).  However, using the post June 1 designation would spread the cap hit over 2 years such that we'd incur a $4.7M dead money hit to the 2024 cap (if cut ... $3.5M if traded).  

As they say, hindsight is 20/20.  He was playing a very high level last year ... it's mind-boggling how far his play dropped this year.  I was happy to see him re-signed.  Now it seems the money would have been better spent on retaining CJGJ or used elsewhere.  

It sure does seem like it would be best moving forward to part ways with him.  With 3/4 of the secondary over 30, that unit does need a youth movement ... younger players with fresher legs.  

I'd be okay with this, he's clearly lost a step and/or quit mentally.  Although if you bench him for poor play, there's no way you couldn't also bench Sydney Brown for poor play.  He missed at least 4-5 tackles that led to HUGE gains for first downs and/or touchdowns, and also was late on a deep throw or two as the deep cover safety that also led to huge gains. 

• Like 2

He has a low cap number next year ($4.7 mil) and dead money would be $17 mil.  If I recall they've done that in the past.

These next few games might be best to see what the young guys can do.  Bradberry has been a liability.

• Like 1

Can they "hide" him some way? Put him in the Slot? Keep him 15 yards deep in the middle, and bring up a Safety? Just spitballing here. 

I would 100% start ricks and ringo. 

Less pressure game, going up against lesser players should be a good time to get these guys experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DBW said:

Lovely. Who plays instead?

Start the younger guys now. Bradberry DOES need to be benched now- he is to old and too slow, and the last 3 or 4 games PROVE it. He is a target for the opposing QB now.

48 minutes ago, DBW said:

Ricks and Ringo.  Maddox may be back soon too.  

Maddox, while I know he has his detractors, I always thought was the glue that held that back end together. Very underrated

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwinavega said:

Maddox, while I know he has his detractors, I always thought was the glue that held that back end together. Very underrated

Extremely underrated. He's undersized, but he's a physical tackler. You don't see him making "business decisions" when it comes to tackling. Getting him back would be yuuge.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, PhillyPhreak24 said:

Extremely underrated. He's undersized, but he's a physical tackler. You don't see him making "business decisions" when it comes to tackling. Getting him back would be yuuge.  

Agreed.  He balls out.  Doesn’t have the durability to play the style he does but he certainly would Help at this point!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Don't forget Rodgers.

2 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

I have a feeling Maddox will return on a team friendly deal --- at the very least, incentive based. 

• Like 1

Yeah u can probably mark the exact time this defense started to fall apart to when Maddox got hurt in the Minnesota game.

4 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

He’s good but he always gets hurt. You can’t count on him at all. 

Wasn't Bradberry doing better as slot/nickel? Can they go with Ringo & Ricks outside and would that be better? 

Ricks and Jobe both suck and are not good prospects.  They went undrafted for a reason and have done nothing but get beat as pros.  They are young, so patience and all that.  But it’s hard to plug them into the lineup and expect anything better than Bradberry’s carnage.

Ringo has actual talent, but was the LAST one to get on the field and get a shot out of all of them.  There is a reason for that.  However, he really looked good against Seattle.  Invariably, that will likely be complemented by an equally bad showing once he gets enough exposure.  But he’s talented and he just had a good game.  That essentially makes him more qualified to start than anyone else in the secondary.  So at this point, it’s fair to say Ringo should start from here on out.  But that still leaves Bradberry in there.

IF Slay returns, what’s better…1. Ringo/Slay with Bradberry in the slot.  2. Ringo/Slay with Roby in the slot.  3. Ringo/Bradberry with Roby in the slot.  I probably go with option 1 to see if that can salvage Bradberry.

Without Slay….1. Ringo/Bradberry with Roby in the slot.  2. Ringo/Ricks with Bradberry in the slot.  3. Ringo/Ricks with Roby in the slot.  I’d probably still bump Bradberry into the slot with option 2.  

They are facing teams with zero passing offense for the balance of the season, might as well tinker.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Ricks and Jobe both suck and are not good prospects.  They went undrafted for a reason and have done nothing but get beat as pros.  They are young, so patience and all that.  But it’s hard to plug them into the lineup and expect anything better than Bradberry’s carnage.

Ringo has actual talent, but was the LAST one to get on the field and get a shot out of all of them.  There is a reason for that.  However, he really looked good against Seattle.  Invariably, that will likely be complemented by an equally bad showing once he gets enough exposure.  But he’s talented and he just had a good game.  That essentially makes him more qualified to start than anyone else in the secondary.  So at this point, it’s fair to say Ringo should start from here on out.  But that still leaves Bradberry in there.

IF Slay returns, what’s better…1. Ringo/Slay with Bradberry in the slot.  2. Ringo/Slay with Roby in the slot.  3. Ringo/Bradberry with Roby in the slot.  I probably go with option 1 to see if that can salvage Bradberry.

Without Slay….1. Ringo/Bradberry with Roby in the slot.  2. Ringo/Ricks with Bradberry in the slot.  3. Ringo/Ricks with Roby in the slot.  I’d probably still bump Bradberry into the slot with option 2.  

They are facing teams with zero passing offense for the balance of the season, might as well tinker.

Maybe we get Maddox back soon in the slot.