Regular season finale line thread: Eagles -5.5 at Giants

Hawkeye

Tickets are listed on Stubhub starting at $57.  Maybe we turn the place green in an Eagles takeover? Or are we as over it as the Giants fans who are selling their tickets? At any rate, the 1.6 point HFA seems irrelevant. 

Line: Eagles -5.5
Total: 41/41.5
Moneyline: Eagles -250/Giants +250

• Haha 1

Why does Vegas keep making Eagles favorites? They suck.

• Like 4

Giants are going to win this game so that line is absolutely crazy. A 5.5 point favourite on the road? That’s absurd. I wouldn’t make this team a favourite on the road against any team in the league right now.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 9:00 PM, wrestlevessel said:

The line isn’t a prediction or forecast, it’s a market. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

The line isn’t a prediction or forecast, it’s a market. 

What idiots are picking Eagles? They have no shot lol.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 8:46 PM, Iggles25 said:

Eagles lose by 3.

Only 3?

7 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Only 3?

24-27

14 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Only 3?

3 spreads. 

5.5 x 3 = so 17 !

20 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

What idiots are picking Eagles? They have no shot lol.

Why would they have no shot? They wont 11 games this season and the Giants are awful.

• Like 3

On 1/2/2024 at 11:00 PM, wrestlevessel said:

so,  this eaglesmessageboard.com is the home for Eagles haters?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Devaster said:

Why would they have no shot? They wont 11 games this season and the Giants are awful.

All these people are now out of the game too lol. This is a Giants lock.

I'll take the Eagles to cover

13 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

so,  this eaglesmessageboard.com is the home for Eagles haters?

Most miserable 11 win fanbase ever

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Agreed. It hasn't been pretty for the Chiefs this season either. I'd say the Chiefs are in an even worse position, but their division isn't like the NFC East. Chiefs have the luxury of having been to a bunch of SB's and winning 2 recently though. Eagles have been to 2 and won one recently. Neither conference is particularly strong. A lot of top teams are knocked out due to QB injuries and many teams aren't healthy.

Eagles still can continue to win ugly games, but the margin for error is gone now.

• Like 1

I'm not comfortable with any opponent the Eagles are playing. Would not shock me to see them lose against the Giants and then lose the Wildcard game to the NFC South winner. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

I'm not comfortable with any opponent the Eagles are playing. Would not shock me to see them lose against the Giants and then lose the Wildcard game to the NFC South winner. 

Certainly possible. They have beaten the teams they would be facing in the playoffs outside of the 49ers and they didn't play Detroit. So winning is certainly possible as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Yup.

When they were 10-1, I was like "how the hell are they 10-1??!!! They have no LBs, no Safety's, they barely win their games!!". 

Now I'm like "they should be 13-3!! Should not have lost to the Jets or Cardinals!!l"

Football, the NFL, is a crazy game. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Devaster said:

Agreed. It hasn't been pretty for the Chiefs this season either. I'd say the Chiefs are in an even worse position, but their division isn't like the NFC East. Chiefs have the luxury of having been to a bunch of SB's and winning 2 recently though. Eagles have been to 2 and won one recently. Neither conference is particularly strong. A lot of top teams are knocked out due to QB injuries and many teams aren't healthy.

Eagles still can continue to win ugly games, but the margin for error is gone now.

Yeah to win this next game and a playoff game is going to require this team to suddenly reveal some hidden resilience or spark that we were not aware of before. Im not sure if it exists.

16 hours ago, LacesOut said:

14 hours ago, Devaster said:

Certainly possible. They have beaten the teams they would be facing in the playoffs outside of the 49ers and they didn't play Detroit. So winning is certainly possible as well.

Yes absolutely they could lose to the Giants (possible they are beating them and then lose when starters are pulled). Could definitely lose to NFC South away as well. 

But Eagles have been in most games and beaten some good teams. The only games I wouldn’t give them much hope is 49ers or Cowboys away. That’s why our best hope is still for the Cowboys to slip up and somehow lose to WC. Then we just hope that someone else beats or at least beats up the 49ers in the divisional round.

• Like 2

Fat chance I’m paying that much to watch this team. $10 might even be too much at this point.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yes absolutely they could lose to the Giants (possible they are beating them and then lose when starters are pulled). Could definitely lose to NFC South away as well. 

But Eagles have been in most games and beaten some good teams. The only games I wouldn’t give them much hope is 49ers or Cowboys away. That’s why our best hope is still for the Cowboys to slip up and somehow lose to WC. Then we just hope that someone else beats or at least beats up the 49ers in the divisional round.

A WAS upset isn't beyond the realms of imagination. Cowboys are sub .500 on the road, and if we get some weather in Maryland all bets are off. So to speak...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kiwinavega said:

A WAS upset isn't beyond the realms of imagination. Cowboys are sub .500 on the road, and if we get some weather in Maryland all bets are off. So to speak...

I know there’s a chance of that. But a WAS win and an Eagles win? I honestly think there’s a better chance Dallas lose than we win.

I understand the negative vibes, I really do. But sports should be fun. We have a game against a divisional rival and we could seal the division. Come on... let yourself get excited. I promise nobody* will judge you.

*for 'nobody', I mean 'lots of people'

• Like 1