Tackling

nicks

Another one by Bradbury. Again NO  intensity. That is on ALL The coaches. Time to get some Real linebackers and coaches

• Like 1

Tackle these nutz

This is the worst tackling team ever. And, if you're really a plugged-in, observant fan. You know Andy had some terrible tackling teams. Chip/Doug too. But, these flakes take the cake. They flounder like the Incredible Mr. Limpet out of water. They never improved and looked even worse as the season progressed.

Apparently they practice tackling pillows in practice.

• Like 1

Tackling?  What sort of thing is that?   Some kind of new Tiktok challenge?

A bunch of late stage vets thinking about how long they can stay in the league and not willing to risk contact == Eagles Secondary

• Like 2

it's rare to see a Philly team lack heart. 

• Like 1

It’s nothing to do with technique. They had no fight and no passion that’s why they didn’t tackle well. If you go in to a game and in to every tackle half hearted you are going to lose the battle nearly every time.

Looks like they are all making business decisions....who the hell tackles with their elbows, look like a bunch of amputees 

out there trying to make arm tackles with half an arm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These are professionals.  They don't need trained.  They need to do their job and quit being weak.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

These are professionals.  They don't need trained.  They need to do their job and quit being weak.

And that’s the thing. They were soft and they quit and that’s why they missed tackles. That’s why they’d hit a guy and that guy would still gain extra yards.

Tackling would’ve been nice the last 7 games of the season, lol

• Like 1

Notice the one thing we have been crying about all season, the Defense did last night. They got sacks and made stops. It didn't matter one bit. 

I thought the whole thing with the Fangio defense is that it only works with elite players in the backline of the D who can tackle.

No wonder it's not working for us.

5-10 year veterans forgetting how to tackle? Yeah that’s called open rebellion. Those guys were clearly showing they have had enough. In a moment they could have fought to ensure their coaches were safe, they went out and had one of the most embarrassing playoff losses in franchise history. The mutiny is real.

• Like 2

Sign this dude. He knows how to tackle.

court-judge.gif.874775d487a3f62a41bfb41643325491.gif

• Haha 1

Have to want to tackle to be able to tackle. These dudes made business decisions all game. Soft.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nicks said:

Another one by Bradbury. Again NO  intensity. That is on ALL The coaches. Time to get some Real linebackers and coaches

Everyone on D minus the Dline cant tackle for crap. Reed is alright sometimes.

I wouldn’t mind looking at their coaching staff to replace Desai/Patricia. Larry Foote or Nick Rapone could be options. Neither have called a defense at the nfl level as a DC, Foote did as a LB playing and Rapone at Delaware, but they at least seem to focus on the fundamentals. Their LBs and Safeties are good, I’m sure one of them will be up for a DC spot soon. 

On 1/16/2024 at 5:49 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It’s nothing to do with technique. They had no fight and no passion that’s why they didn’t tackle well. If you go in to a game and in to every tackle half hearted you are going to lose the battle nearly every time.

I swear I saw guys avoiding contact out there.  

1 minute ago, The Norseman said:

I swear I saw guys avoiding contact out there.  

They probably were. Or at least some of them probably were. Some of them just straight up quit.