***OFFICIAL Wish Brian Johnson good luck on his HC interviews thread***

paco

• Haha 1

After that showing there’s zero chance he’s hired anywhere. A good showing and maybe it happens but 9 points in a playoff game to a 9 win team doesn’t get you hired as a head coach. Were stuck with him unless he’s fired.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, paco said:

And is that Thomas Peterson guy high? Offensive mind? Generational? Hardly.

14 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

After that showing there’s zero chance he’s hired anywhere. A good showing and maybe it happens but 9 points in a playoff game to a 9 win team doesn’t get you hired as a head coach. Were stuck with him unless he’s fired.

He won 11 games. Seems like a nice guy.  I really, really, really hope he gets to live his  dream and go on to be a head coach.  You know, a coach anywhere but here. Fresh start and yadda yadda yadda. 

1 minute ago, paco said:

He won 11 games. Seems like a nice guy.  I really, really, really hope he gets to live his  dream and go on to be a head coach.  You know, a coach anywhere but here. Fresh start and yadda yadda yadda. 

With the idiocy of Philly I could see them firing Sirianni and promoting Johnson to HC.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

With the idiocy of Philly I could see them firing Sirianni and promoting Johnson to HC.

That would only happen if Brian Johnson vision alligns with Hurts / Brown and the rest of the group, where the players voice that their beef schematically was all driven by Siri 

Honestly I cannot see any team hiring him as a HC. Sad to say but this is just for appearance for Rooney rule. Nobody should want to hire him as a Head Coach. He had one of the best offenses in the league and just flat out sucked. A team would be dumb to give him the whole team to run.

5 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Dude.  Don’t speak that into existence :sad:

Good luck Brian!   We’re all pulling for you!  ALL of us. 

1 minute ago, paco said:

Dude.  Don’t speak that into existence :sad:

Good luck Brian!   We’re all pulling for you!  ALL of us. 

I’ve been right on alot of things this year… that’s the scary thing 😂

• Angry 1

Panthers should hire him.  He was the QB coach - so RB adjacent - to Miles Sanders having a 1,000+ yard season.  He can revitalize Sanders and their offense.  Make it happen. :lol:

• Haha 2

Remember 2 3rd picks for us if he gets hired. Lord knows we need some young, fresh legs to reshape this ageing and patchwork D and address poor depth across the roster.

• Like 1

Is it bad that I am willing to let them have that "generational offensive mind" for their HC?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Is it bad that I am willing to let them have that "generational offensive mind" for their HC?

Not bad at all. Good riddance to bad rubbish I say.

It is amazing that Johnson gets interview with other teams, given his record as OC with the Eagles.  If he gets another job, good for him.  Also good for us to have a fresh start with another OC.  We need someone who knows how to max out the talents of the offense.

He might have the qualities to be a good HC but he’s a terrible OC. He’s just going to have to surround himself with good assistants.

Look at John Harbaugh who never worked a day in his life as an OC or DC and turned into a really good head coach. 

It would be just a huge blow if it happens. Where else could we find another coordinator not competent enough to dial up a play that can beat the spam blitzes Tampa was throwing at us on third down all night? No, definitely shouldn't call a play that allows our receivers to create separation with routes that get them streaking across a wide open field, instead, the key is to just have every single route be a sprint to the defender and then have the receiver turn around when her gets close so Jalen can make a difficult throw under duress to a guy that has a defender draped across his back. That's the key to beating blitzes right there. No, we just can't lose him.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, st0n3r said:

Honestly I cannot see any team hiring him as a HC. Sad to say but this is just for appearance for Rooney rule. Nobody should want to hire him as a Head Coach. He had one of the best offenses in the league and just flat out sucked. A team would be dumb to give him the whole team to run.

I originally wondered the same, but it can't be because of Rooney rule if they are requesting interview with Aaron Glenn.

Fire Sirianni.  Temporarily hold on to BJ until his interviews have been completed.  If by some miracle of miracle some sucker team hires him (stranger things have happened … Gannon), then we get ourselves 2 x 3rd round comp picks for Howie to blow.  If after the hiring cycle concludes for those teams and he doesn’t land a HC spot then can his arse.  

I'm fully convinced those were Rooney rule interviews 

He should highly consider a low-cut blouse.

21 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Fire Sirianni.  Temporarily hold on to BJ until his interviews have been completed.  If by some miracle of miracle some sucker team hires him (stranger things have happened … Gannon), then we get ourselves 2 x 3rd round comp picks for Howie to blow.  If after the hiring cycle concludes for those teams and he doesn’t land a HC spot then can his arse.  

They get two picks in the 3rd round for that?  I didn't realize that.

You know Howie is thinking that.  I hope they don't lose out on hiring a good OC because they're waiting to see if BJ gets hired so they can get those picks though.

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They get two picks in the 3rd round for that?  I didn't realize that.

You know Howie is thinking that.  I hope they don't lose out on hiring a good OC because they're waiting to see if BJ gets hired so they can get those picks though.

Yessir.

IMG_0407.thumb.jpeg.e544b065d0877de55debbf5547bd0cf6.jpeg

Source:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2023/03/09/nfl-compensatory-draft-picks-explained/11439052002/

But hopefully we’re hiring a legit HC first.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Howie should be pushing BJ and Desai out the door, helping them with their resumes and interviewing skills.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get rid of a bad playcaller and get extra draft picks for it? Sounds good to me.