Rumor: TJ Edwards wanted to return to Eagles

Road to Victory

Sucks man always liked him 

Isn’t hindsight great? You’re never wrong!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah, I'm sure Howie regrets that decision. Sometimes people make mistakes, believe it or not.

13 minutes ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

Not hindsight. I always liked Edwards and he went dirt cheap. 

• Like 2

this isn't news. of course he wanted to come back.  all the other stuff is just rumor.  Of course roseman didn't reach out to Edwards directly he probably would have reached out to his agent.  agent could have screwed it all up. 

6 minutes ago, DieselEagle said:

this isn't news. of course he wanted to come back.  all the other stuff is just rumor.  Of course roseman didn't reach out to Edwards directly he probably would have reached out to his agent.  agent could have screwed it all up. 

Sure it’s news. Everyone around here believes that Edwards didn’t want to come back and wanted to play for his hometown Bears. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

Not sure how that would be considered hindsight ... Edwards was playing well here and should have been re-signed.  Howie doing Howie things likely didn't want to invest in the position (if true).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

This is according to Clay Harbor. Howie didn’t even offer him a contract. 

If this is true Howie had a horrible offseason. Passing on CJGJ and Edwards, only to resign Bradberry, extend Slay and sign Morrow. 

https://x.com/clayharbs82/status/1748159668684247065?s=61&t=e9yGgysitybJoXCHbbEufA

Wait. Like former EAGLES Clay Harbor? That's...oh, that's bad. Real bad.

47 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

Yeah, I'm sure Howie regrets that decision. Sometimes people make mistakes, believe it or not.

Yeah, he makes a freaking ton of them

• Like 1

I believe it.  Money talks and BS walks.  Edwards had a pretty solid 2021 and could have been offered a multi year contract with a decent bonus.  I doubt Harbor just dreamed this.  Howie won't invest in the LB position.  An organizational philosophy.  They let Trotter walk.

• Like 4

Does clay realize that TJ signed with the bears 15 minutes into the legal tampering period?  TJ took the first deal that was offered to him, in his hometown, and everyone knew he wanted to go there.  As an UDFA he did well for himself.  He shouldn’t be throwing any shade at Howie.  It’s not like he said, hey Howie I’ll come back if you can get within x amount of this offer from the bears.  This is just clay trying to make a name for himself by piling on to Donovan’s recent Howie criticism.  Former players need to gtfoh with all their tired BS.  

Yeah, Howie whiffed on that one.  He's done enough good over the years that I think we can excuse a few bad decisions.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

Yeah, he makes a freaking ton of them

Like every other GM. And he does good things more frequently than most GMs. 

4 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

Like every other GM. And he does good things more frequently than most GMs. 

Or he made a couple of vet signings the SB year and got lucky as hell vs all the years since when they haven't worked out. If we are being honest is he bad? No. Is he overrated? Absolutely. He blows so many draft picks that this team is in the position they are vs the 49ers who grow their talent for the most part.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Or he made a couple of vet signings the SB year and got lucky as hell vs all the years since when they haven't worked out. If we are being honest is he bad? No. Is he overrated? Absolutely. He blows so many draft picks that this team is in the position they are vs the 49ers who grow their talent for the most part.

Lol, you just compared Roseman to the guy who gave like 4 first round picks for a dude who's not even on the team. If you're playing that game, Lynch got veeeery lucky he got Purdy or he might have been fired by now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

Lol, you just compared Roseman to the guy who gave like 4 first round picks for a dude who's not even on the team. If you're playing that game, Lynch got veeeery lucky he got Purdy or he might have been fired by now. 

And let's talk about that defense and offense and the skill positions. Bad OL? Yeah, but they are consistently a damn good team that builds. Who has Howie drafted? Smith. Cam. Carter fell to him. Nobody else on defense. Howie isn't bad but he is not as freaking good as people make him out to be.

2 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

Wait. Like former EAGLES Clay Harbor? That's...oh, that's bad. Real bad.

Well Clay didn't hear it firsthand, he said "a source."  Who knows.  There are always these "sources" that come out of nowhere when the team loses. We didn't hear this all year.

All we knew was TJ wanted to go back to his hometown Chicago and signed immediately in free agency.

But you never know. Howie also let Kyzir White walk and he should have kept him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diehardfan said:

And let's talk about that defense and offense and the skill positions. Bad OL? Yeah, but they are consistently a damn good team that builds. Who has Howie drafted? Smith. Cam. Carter fell to him. Nobody else on defense.

Dude, let's take a look at all of Lynch's first round picks:

2017 Solomon Thomas - no longer a 49er

2017 Reuben Foster - no longer an NFL player

2018 McGlinchey - no longer a 49er

2019 Bosa - great pick although he was #2 overall

2020 Kinlaw - great pick

2020 - Aiyuk - very good pick

2021 - Trey Lance - arguably the worst pick in the history of the NFL

2022 - no pick

2023 - no pick

So, explain to me how exactly are they building internally and grow their talent for the most part?

Don't get me wrong, Lynch is a heck of a GM, but you have a pretty bad case of recency bias when you think he's way better than Roseman. As I said, all GMs make mistakes, the good ones fix them. Both, Lynch and Roseman, have proven multiple times that they can correct their wrongs. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

Dude, let's take a look at all of Lynch's first round picks:

2017 Solomon Thomas - no longer a 49er

2017 Reuben Foster - no longer an NFL player

2018 McGlinchey - no longer a 49er

2019 Bosa - great pick although he was #2 overall

2020 Kinlaw - great pick

2020 - Aiyuk - very good pick

2021 - Trey Lance - arguably the worst pick in the history of the NFL

2022 - no pick

2023 - no pick

So, explain to me how exactly are they building internally and grow their talent for the most part?

Don't get me wrong, Lynch is a heck of a GM, but you have a pretty bad case of recency bias when you think he's way better than Roseman. As I said, all GMs make mistakes, the good ones fix them. Both, Lynch and Roseman, have proven multiple times that they can correct their wrongs. 

You’re just cherry picking 1st rounders. Lynch has drafted a bunch of Pro-Bowl level players in other rounds. I would take him over Howie in a heartbeat.

Besides, guys like Thomas and McGlinchey are not busts, they just left the team. Sure, Trey Lance was a very bad pick. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

You’re just cherry picking 1st rounders. Lynch has drafted a bunch of Pro-Bowl level players in other rounds. I would take him over Howie in a heartbeat.

Besides, guys like Thomas and McGlinchey are not busts, they just left the team. Sure, Trey Lance was a very bad pick. 

Just like Howie. Since you seem to have forgotten about the current Pro-Bowl level players he's drafted or traded for, I'll just list them and let you keep complaining about the Eagles:

Hurts

Mailata

Dickerson

Kelce

Lane

Swift

Brown

Goedert

Sweat

Slay

Byard

Cox

(Smith was snubbed)

(Carter will possibly be DROY)

If we include free agents like Elliot, Bradberry and Reddick, that's 17 Pro-Bowl level players. I don't know about you, but the number sounds pretty good to me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

Just like Howie. Since you seem to have forgotten about the current Pro-Bowl level players he's drafted or traded for, I'll just list them and let you keep complaining about the Eagles:

Hurts

Mailata

Dickerson

Kelce

Lane

Swift

Brown

Goedert

Sweat

Slay

Byard

Cox

(Smith was snubbed)

If we include free agents like Elliot, Bradberry and Reddick, that's 17 Pro-Bowl level players. I don't know about you, but the number sounds pretty good to me.

yes that is an impressive list, but the problem is that there is no one at LB , S, or CB that were groomed in the system, that are pro-bowl level players...

No Sheldon Browns, No Brian Dawkins, No Jeremiah Trotters

Howie has done very well in the trenches and a couple of skill positions. But he has not done well on the second and third layers of the defense as far as drafting....and developing talent, which leads to the problem of having to buy players at those positions. 

57 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

Hurts

Mailata

Dickerson

Kelce

Lane

Swift

Brown

Goedert

Sweat

Slay

Byard

Cox

(Smith was snubbed)

You’re comparing apples to oranges. How do you compare guys that Howie had to trade/sign to guys Lynch drafted? When you sign a free agent or trade for a player, you’re paying a premium. Howie had to give up a 1st and 3rd to get AJ Brown because he missed on Jefferson and Metcalf. Had he drafted either one, we would’ve had 2 additional draft picks. 

Besides Howie didn’t draft all those guys. AR and/or Chip Kelly are responsible for Kelce, Cox and Lane. Take away those guys and all the free agents and/or guys Howie traded for and this team would have very little talent. Could you imagine this team without Swift, Brown, Reddick and Slay? Howie had to make all those trades/ sign FA’s to hide his ineptitude at drafting. 

The Eagles could have re-signed/extended  Edwards at anytime.  The Bears had to wait until FA.  The Eagles literally had two seasons to give him an extension.  He is a quality LB, just below pro bowl level.  Maybe he is pro bowl level but that is semantics.  The Eagles didn't replace him.  He wouldn't have broken the bank.  That one bothers me.

• Like 1