Red Dead Redemption 2

Gannan

I just picked this up this past week. I know, I know, I'm late to the party, but $60 for a game is insane. I wait until they go on sale. I got it for $30 this week. The level of detail in this game is insane. It starts off a bit slow, but I'm enjoying it so far. I like the moral choices you get to make, but I'm a little confused by the honor system. I have not ventured into the online part yet. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I just picked this up this past week. I know, I know, I'm late to the party, but $60 for a game is insane. I wait until they go on sale. I got it for $30 this week. The level of detail in this game is insane. It starts off a bit slow, but I'm enjoying it so far. I like the moral choices you get to make, but I'm a little confused by the honor system. I have not ventured into the online part yet. 

Goldeneye brand new from the store cost me $75 back in 1996ish. When I was like 11 years old. With my own money. If $60 for a game (especially ones that have crazy deep/lengthy stories) is insane in 2020, maybe you need different hobbies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

It's an awesome game as you would expect. Enjoy the ride.

Lol I still need to play this. I got this late and then found out how long it is and just wanted to play other games

36 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol I still need to play this. I got this late and then found out how long it is and just wanted to play other games

RDR2 is a drop everything else sort of game IMO. Just awesome. Enjoyed it even more the second play through.

5 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Goldeneye brand new from the store cost me $75 back in 1996ish. When I was like 11 years old. With my own money. If $60 for a game (especially ones that have crazy deep/lengthy stories) is insane in 2020, maybe you need different hobbies. 

HTF does an 11 year old have that kind of money? I grew up working class or as many might call it...poor. I'm not ashamed of it. I have a different value of a dollar than you do I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Gannan said:

HTF does an 11 year old have that kind of money? I grew up poor. I'm not ashamed of it. I have a different value of a dollar than you do I guess. 

You do odd jobs (shovel driveways on snow days when living in the northeast), save money you collect from birthday and Christmas cards. Could easily get $20 a pop from a few rando family members that way. Growing up poor means you hustle to get or save up money for the things you want. Also, the bigger point was that the value of the dollar today compared in mid-90s makes the $60 price that's been standard back since 2005ish pretty damn reasonable. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

You do odd jobs (shovel driveways on snow days when living in the northeast), save money you collect from birthday and Christmas cards. Could easily get $20 a pop from a few rando family members that way. Growing up poor means you hustle to get or save up money for the things you want. Also, the bigger point was that the value of the dollar today compared in mid-90s makes the $60 price that's been standard back since 2005ish pretty damn reasonable. 

There is talk of finally upping the price on games (70 was what I heard) and giving more content instead killing gamers with the micro-transaction crap. 

Micro-transactions I will ALWAYS root against. Those mainly happen in those fucboi pew pew pew FPS games tho, so those dumbarses deserve to get hosed for spending even a penny on those trash games. 

18 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

There is talk of finally upping the price on games (70 was what I heard) and giving more content instead killing gamers with the micro-transaction crap. 

Good. The "season passes” and "pay to win” elements of games have sucked. Spending $60 on a game then having to buy 4 expansion packs at 10-20 a shot to open maps and whatnot is beyond ridiculous. 

51 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Good. The "season passes” and "pay to win” elements of games have sucked. Spending $60 on a game then having to buy 4 expansion packs at 10-20 a shot to open maps and whatnot is beyond ridiculous. 

Well the problem is the developers are spending a lot of money and time on these games so they are trying to recoup that with micro transactions. So one of the leaders of Sony said they should up the price of the game instead of ruining games with the micro transactions

yeah I got into this a little later too and while I never finished it still felt like I got my moneys worth just by the riding around exploring the land and coming across side quests as I saw them. Also coming from someone who hasn't played a GTA since PS2 days, the tidal wave of nostalgia you get in this with PS4 graphics etc the first time you rob someone and you become WANTED was worth the price of admission alone IMO. Remarkable how good games are right now. That's why I don't mind paying. The experience I feel is always worth it. Especially with these newer adaptations/remakes. 

On 7/18/2020 at 11:38 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well the problem is the developers are spending a lot of money and time on these games so they are trying to recoup that with micro transactions. So one of the leaders of Sony said they should up the price of the game instead of ruining games with the micro transactions

Where's all that money going to then? Take GTAV for example. That's sold a ton of units and they do the micro transactions. You certainly don't need it to play the online part though

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Where's all that money going to then? Take GTAV for example. That's sold a ton of units and they do the micro transactions. You certainly don't need it to play the online part though

Who knows I just wish they added more content from the get go