Ja'Tavion Sanders (TE, Texas) -- DRAFTED BY CAROLINA #101

Alphagrand

Eagles typically look for a starting TE in the 2nd round range.  Ertz and Goedert were both drafted as 2nd round picks.  Sanders is a pass-catching TE; doesn't offer what Goedert does as a blocker at this point, and doesn't break as many tackles as I'd like to see -- but he's got really good speed and can get downfield as a receiving threat.  

Goedert certainly doesn't have a great track record in terms of health, and an upgrade over Calcaterra and Stoll could pay dividends.  Sanders could be what the Eagles are looking for as their future starting TE:  

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Eagles typically look for a starting TE in the 2nd round range.  Ertz and Goedert were both drafted as 2nd round picks.  Sanders is a pass-catching TE; doesn't offer what Goedert does as a blocker at this point, and doesn't break as many tackles as I'd like to see -- but he's got really good speed and can get downfield as a receiving threat.  

Goedert certainly doesn't have a great track record in terms of health, and an upgrade over Calcaterra and Stoll could pay dividends.  Sanders could be what the Eagles are looking for as their future starting TE:  

Wouldn't mind a TE2 in this draft considering Dallas' inability to stay available.

• Like 1

More of the Cade Stover fan if he’s still around at the back of the 3rd; plays tough, good hands, production is deceptive as he’s competing perennially against a NFL receiving corps for touches.

• 1 month later...

With Stoll headed to the Giants, and the Eagles’s habit of drafting a future starting TE before the current starter hits 30, Sanders seems to fit the bill in the second round as a dynamic receiving threat. I admit, I haven’t seen him play. 

That said, there seem to be three solid TEs like Stover, Sinnett and Johnson that might go later that we could get with our third rounder if we see greater value in the second at other positions like OT, LB, CB or WR. 

• 1 month later...