Ghost of Tsushima

devpool

On 8/25/2020 at 7:58 AM, Agent23 said:

last of us, last of us 2, uncharted 1-4 + lost legacy, god of war 1-3 + GOW, FF7 remake (the list really goes on and on and on and on) didn't do that already?

I don’t like zombie games. Never been all that interested in Uncharted or FF games. I was perfectly fine with my XB1 until GOW & Spider-man came out. I watched my roommates play both of those games a lot, that’s when I started to regret buying XB1. Ghosts of Tsushima just looks like my kind of game. I plan on buying a PS5 and playing all of those games, I might give Uncharted a shot now too.

6 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I don’t like zombie games. Never been all that interested in Uncharted or FF games. I was perfectly fine with my XB1 until GOW & Spider-man came out. I watched my roommates play both of those games a lot, that’s when I started to regret buying XB1. Ghosts of Tsushima just looks like my kind of game. I plan on buying a PS5 and playing all of those games, I might give Uncharted a shot now too.

If you aren't interested in Uncharted that means you aren't interested in action, adventure, awesome, great characters, witty dialog, straight fire, or anything else beautiful and pure and amazing in life. 

Ps- much better for single player exclusives.  Not even close.

Xbox- overall platform, multiplayer functionality and controller, better performance on 3rd party titles on top models.

This how I roll.

22 hours ago, Agent23 said:

If you aren't interested in Uncharted that means you aren't interested in action, adventure, awesome, great characters, witty dialog, straight fire, or anything else beautiful and pure and amazing in life. 

... and that you aren’t interested in Elena. :wub: 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 7:29 AM, Machine said:

Ps- much better for single player exclusives.  Not even close.

Xbox- overall platform, multiplayer functionality and controller, better performance on 3rd party titles on top models.

This how I roll.

Yup, that's why I stick PS for now. When I was in high school I played mostly multi-player but now I much rather play single player games, for MP my friends and I currently play either fall guys or rainbow six seige. The last battlefield was terrible but we used to play that too 

• 3 weeks later...

I desperately need to make time to buy and play this game.  I'm such a samurai movie geek, it looks like this game was made for me.  

• Like 1

Assuming that’s Genghis Khan in the intro, did anyone else notice it’s the same likeness as Khan from Night At The Museum? :lol: 

maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Edit - Just saw he’s a relative. 

That's Khotun Khan...Played by Patrick Gallagher who played  Attila the Hun in Night at the Museum lol. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I desperately need to make time to buy and play this game.  I'm such a samurai movie geek, it looks like this game was made for me.  

Yeah there’s even a cool Kurosawa mode which makes it black and white. It’s cool. 

2 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

That's Khotun Khan...Played by Patrick Gallagher who played  Attila the Hun in Night at the Museum lol. 

Ahhh makes sense. Still cool. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, opengeo said:

Ahhh makes sense. Still cool. 

100%...Crazy how fast you noticed. Took me a while.

• Like 1

Wish there was a way to lock the camera so the perspective is always on front of me. A bit annoying to have to constantly worry about that when fighting. 

52 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Wish there was a way to lock the camera so the perspective is always on front of me. A bit annoying to have to constantly worry about that when fighting. 

Dude that, and the water physics/graphics, was my biggest gripe. The combat, while fun and engaging, was pretty messy. Esp the camera angles and lack of the ability to lock onto an enemy.

Good game though. Some really beautiful stuff.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

Dude that, and the water physics/graphics, was my biggest gripe. The combat, while fun and engaging, was pretty messy. Esp the camera angles and lack of the ability to lock onto an enemy.

Good game though. Some really beautiful stuff.

Yep. Enjoying it enough so far. Were you the one who thought GOW was overrated? I'm too lazy to look. I just didn't get into GOW at all and you are typically have similar tastes in games. So, 👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Yep. Enjoying it enough so far. Were you the one who thought GOW was overrated? I'm too lazy to look. I just didn't get into GOW at all and you are typically have similar tastes in games. So, 👍

Yep. GOW is a great game, but it just didn't "grab" me. I didn't feel the need to play it like I did w TLOU or Uncharted.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, opengeo said:

Definitely compared to the past GOW games, and in some ways compared to other titles in general, I felt like GOW 2018 has a bit of a slow ramp up. Wasn't bad, but didn't have the MICHEAL BAY!!!! effect right out of the gate. Also, for "purists", the combat type and style varies wildly from the previous entries (at least five prior games?), so that was jarring to have to immediately learn some new, not previously familiar combat style. It works, but it took a while for me to lean into it.