Judas Priest- New Album

The_Omega

As a diehard Priest fan, I just can't get into the new stuff, mainly because of no Glenn and KK. While Glenn is technically still a member of the band and contributes to the writing process, the guy has Parkinsons, so I question how much he really plays. That twin guitar magic is what made me love the band. Rob still sounds good though. 

• 4 weeks later...

I would like this a whole lot more if they weren't using the name Judas Priest to sell it. It's a decent metal song with the voice of an old familiar. That being said, I hate that bands are corporations and carry on with few original members, and in some cases no original members, or at least classic lineup members.

I heard the other day that Quiet Riot is going on tour, and I had to look it up. Like who the hell is in Quiet Riot anymore? The only person from the classic lineup of Metal Health is that they somehow got Rudy Sarzo back. No Frank Banali (dead), no Kevin Dubrow (also dead), obviously no Randy Rhoads, or Kelly Garni. Not even Carlos Cavazo. It like, who is this cover band to call themselves Quiet Riot? Or in this case, Judas Priest? Rob and Ian? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JohnB said:

I would like this a whole lot more if they weren't using the name Judas Priest to sell it. It's a decent metal song with the voice of an old familiar. That being said, I hate that bands are corporations and carry on with few original members, and in some cases no original members, or at least classic lineup members.

I heard the other day that Quiet Riot is going on tour, and I had to look it up. Like who the hell is in Quiet Riot anymore? The only person from the classic lineup of Metal Health is that they somehow got Rudy Sarzo back. No Frank Banali (dead), no Kevin Dubrow (also dead), obviously no Randy Rhoads, or Kelly Garni. Not even Carlos Cavazo. It like, who is this cover band to call themselves Quiet Riot? Or in this case, Judas Priest? Rob and Ian? 

yeah !
signed,
All The Temptations. 

23 hours ago, JohnB said:

Yep, if this was a Halford solo project, I'd be more inclined to give it a chance. When the band and Glenn realized he couldn't play anymore, they should have mended the fence with KK and got him back in the band. At least 1 of the original 2 guitar players would still be there. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JohnB said:

Quiet Riot played a show at a bar I worked at in Northeast Philly back in like 2003 on a Wednesday night. It was the full Metal Health era the lineup of Dubrow, Banali, Sarzo and Cavazo and like 90 people showed up to a club that held like 1500 people 

When they played **** On Feel The Noize they got to the part where the band stops playing except the drums and they let the crowd sing it...  Like 10 people were singing.  It was one of the first Spinal Tap moments I ever witnessed in person.  

With that said, Frankie Banalli and Rudy Sarzo were two of the nicest famous musicians I ever met. Kevin DuBrow was a dope. 

• Like 1

George Lynch, Jeff Pilson from the 80s band Dokken. Along with Steve Brown ( Mick Brown from Dokken's younger  brother ) and Girish Pradhan.

Saw Dokken a few years back..... the musicians were good.... Dokken himself is a walking trainwreck.

But I see where all the talent was in the original band.

How I wanted to comment on an earlier post.....Pilson is part of Foreigner..... with no originals left. Steve Brown is part of Tesla.... 3 members left. Lynch still has Lynch Mob..... hes the only one left.

Sometimes its best to let bands go and move on to new stuff like this.

• Like 1

They'll be at Welcome to Rockville in Daytona