***OFFICIAL*** Eagles 2020 Draft Class signed

time2rock

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing you tear it up in 2021! 

:whistle:

• Like 1

I’m sure the team will have all of their picks signed prior to any camp. If they have a camp.

1 hour ago, vaeagle2 said:

how many picks has the team signed 3?

Was 3 ... now 4 with Wallace having signed.  

Reagor and Wallace are the ones I have most hope for in terms of contributions this year.

Happy they are both signed.

Was delighted with Wallace in the 4th. Looks like a genuine baller, who fell in the draft due to his 40 time.

Excited to see him develop.

• Like 1

The Eagles agreed to terms with wide receiver Jalen Reagor, the team's first-round pick on Monday morning. With Training Camp on the horizon, the team continued to work Monday finalizing deals with the following seven draft picks: quarterback Jalen Hurts, linebacker Davion Taylor, safety K'Von Wallace, tackle Jack Driscoll, wide receiver John Hightower, linebacker Shaun Bradley, and defensive end Casey Toohill.

• Thanks 1

Good that all draft class is under contract.  Question remains how they make the trip to Philly?  The flights are way down due to Covid-19.  The thin routes may not get daily service now.  Even if they find the flight, better wear mask and not get infected on board.

3 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

Good that all draft class is under contract.  Question remains how they make the trip to Philly?  The flights are way down due to Covid-19.  The thin routes may not get daily service now.  Even if they find the flight, better wear mask and not get infected on board.

Maybe some or all were already in Philly area anticipating start of camp?  

4 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

Cars, road trip!

What terms need to be negotiated? Arent all draft picks already decided how much money their contract is?

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

What terms need to be negotiated? Arent all draft picks already decided how much money their contract is?

Money is more or less set, but total guarantees and voidable years or offset language can still be negotiated. 

9 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

They couldn't take their physicals because they couldn't travel or enter the facility until recently and until they passed their physicals they couldn't sign their contracts.

That's also why free agency has been so slow around the league. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

They couldn't take their physicals because they couldn't travel or enter the facility until recently and until they passed their physicals they couldn't sign their contracts.

That's also why free agency has been so slow around the league. 

There was some chatter that some draft picks could elect to not sign (to opt out of the upcoming season) and would then re-enter the 2021 draft.  I suppose they could cloak any unhappiness with where they landed by using the COVID opt out option.  

9 hours ago, time2rock said:

There was some chatter that some draft picks could elect to not sign (to opt out of the upcoming season) and would then re-enter the 2021 draft.  I suppose they could cloak any unhappiness with where they landed by using the COVID opt out option.  

How would that work next year? Would they be free to sign with any team?

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How would that work next year? Would they be free to sign with any team?

No, they’d have to re-enter the draft. 

8 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

No, they’d have to re-enter the draft. 

Did anyone actually do this?

33 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Did anyone actually do this?

Not that I’m aware. 

With the current CBA, isn't signing draft picks a given?  The Eagles announce a "roster move" as if you don't expect them to sign the rookies they drafted.  Players don't seem to hold out anymore.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

With the current CBA, isn't signing draft picks a given?  The Eagles announce a "roster move" as if you don't expect them to sign the rookies they drafted.  Players don't seem to hold out anymore.

Pretty much, yeah. The money is basically figured out, but other parameters can be negotiated. I think a couple rookies in recent years held out wile that was getting sorted, but I can’t recall who. By and large, since the 2011 CBA deal, it’s been a non issue. 

55 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Pretty much, yeah. The money is basically figured out, but other parameters can be negotiated. I think a couple rookies in recent years held out wile that was getting sorted, but I can’t recall who. By and large, since the 2011 CBA deal, it’s been a non issue. 

that's what I thought.  I guess I just find it funny the "breaking news" that rookies get signed, it's pretty much a given.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NOTW said:

that's what I thought.  I guess I just find it funny the "breaking news" that rookies get signed, it's pretty much a given.

Exactly.They all sign. The last one I remember holding out as long as he could due to the wording and fine print was Marcus Mariota because the Titans told him he could not surf and put it in the contract. He still signed with time to spare.