Top 3 Favorite Home Run Hitters on the Philadelphia Eagles

PhillyGreenMachine

Don't be bugged by the title, these are players that could score from any part of the field at any point in time since you have been a fan of the Eagles. So what are your favorite "home run hitting" Eagles since you've been a fan?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

Don't be bugged by the title, these are players that could score from any part of the field at any point in time since you have been a fan of the Eagles. So what are your favorite "home run hitting" Eagles since you've been a fan?

Westbrook. Hes probably my favorite eagle of all time. Guy was a gamer

• Like 1

No order

1- DeSean Jackson

2- TO

3- Westbrook

I'm going to add Dawkins in there for the defense. Always with making plays whether it was a a big key tackle, hard-hit, interception or a fumble. He was one of the biggest home run hitters in Philadelphia Eagles history on defense.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Westbrook. Hes probably my favorite eagle of all time. Guy was a gamer

Westbrook is my ATF. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nivraga said:

Westbrook is my ATF. 

Have a Westbrook 08 pro bowl Jersey hanging in the bed room along w an 09 Dawk. The Reid years were my teenage and more impressionable years but I don't get attached to players like that anymore

44 minutes ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

Nobody’s gonna put Fred Barnett on their list?

Fred was a great player. I think DeSean was a much better deep threat. 

Vick has to be on that list for me.  Wasn't a big fan of the guy, but damn could he move when he had to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Norseman said:

Vick has to be on that list for me.  Wasn't a big fan of the guy, but damn could he move when he had to. 

Strangely enough, Vick never scored a rushing touchdown from more than 15 yards with the eagles 

Love the topic, PGM.

1. DJax was probably the most dangerous when he was in his prime.
2. TO
3.Westy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

Fred was a great player. I think DeSean was a much better deep threat. 

Yes but this is a top 3, so Barnett deserves consideration. Mine would be Barnett, Jackson and Westbrook if we are taking about BEST in this category.

If we are talking favorites then Barnett, Westbrook and Sproles. I’ve never really liked Jackson after he basically admitted to dogging it when he wanted a new contract. And McCoy is a ****, so never liked him personally either. Obviously I’ve rooted for both to play well for the Eagles but doesn’t mean I had to like them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Yes but this is a top 3, so Barnett deserves consideration. Mine would be Barnett, Jackson and Westbrook if we are taking about BEST in this category.

If we are talking favorites then Barnett, Westbrook and Sproles. I’ve never really liked Jackson after he basically admitted to dogging it when he wanted a new contract. And McCoy is a ****, so never liked him personally either. Obviously I’ve rooted for both to play well for the Eagles but doesn’t mean I had to like them. 

I wouldn't consider McCoy a home run threat anyways. He was incredible in space and short bursts/chunks but, I don't recall him flat out burning people to the endzone on a break away. Kind of the same with sproles. That's my definition of a home run hitter anyways

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I wouldn't consider McCoy a home run threat anyways. He was incredible in space and short bursts/chunks but, I don't recall him flat out burning people to the endzone on a break away. Kind of the same with sproles. That's my definition of a home run hitter anyways

He did have 14 TDS of over 30 yards in his career, according to pro football reference. Unfortunately they don’t break it down further so no idea how many 40+/50+ yarders he had, but his longest was 75. They do have each one broken down individually but too lazy to count through his 89 TDs 😆 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, nipples said:

He did have 14 TDS of over 30 yards in his career, according to pro football reference. Unfortunately they don’t break it down further so no idea how many 40+/50+ yarders he had, but his longest was 75. They do have each one broken down individually but too lazy to count through his 89 TDs 😆 

Well then it was way better then I'm remembering lol. They just always reminded me of guys that were great in space

• Like 1

Freddie B

DeSean

The New Kid Miles Sanders although at this point Westie was obviously 100 times the player but I'll go with youth just to have someone current.

• Like 3

On 7/24/2020 at 8:29 AM, TrotterIsGod said:

Freddie B

DeSean

The New Kid Miles Sanders although at this point Westie was obviously 100 times the player but I'll go with youth just to have someone current.

Sanders has had some home run hits, especially on screens 

1. T.O. - never took a game off unless injured badly. Was a huge factor in every game he played here.

2. D-JAX - great in prime and when motivated. Disappeared a few games here and there every year so can't be #1.

3. Westbrook - Never got the praise he deserved, expected to be average at best, and he consistently delivered like a star RB, especially when needed most.

• Like 1

Westbrook and DJax. Easy. There's good reason why they were returning punts with the game on the line.

#3 is a little tougher to me. I'm going Eric Allen over Sproles. I remember Allen had a bunch of INT returns for TDs. Not that it was expected from him every time, but if he picked one off I'd wonder if he could take it all the way. Sproles was more of a spark guy to me: Go out and get a big chunk of yards, not as much score the TD. (Although he could break one off, especially earlier in his career before he was on the Eagles.)

Just watch this play:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toolg said:

Westbrook and DJax. Easy. There's good reason why they were returning punts with the game on the line.

#3 is a little tougher to me. I'm going Eric Allen over Sproles. I remember Allen had a bunch of INT returns for TDs. Not that it was expected from him every time, but if he picked one off I'd wonder if he could take it all the way. Sproles was more of a spark guy to me: Go out and get a big chunk of yards, not as much score the TD. (Although he could break one off, especially earlier in his career before he was on the Eagles.)

Just watch this play:

I remember that game the most as a young fella. I thought we were destined for great things after Cunningham was taken out. Just thought the team would get behind the next QB but, never happened. 

• Like 1

1. DeSean Jackson

2. Randall Cunningham (Yes, he was indeed a "home-run hitter".)

3. T.O. 

Honorable mentions: Fred Barnett, Brian Westbrook, LeSean McCoy, Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, Nick Foles

New generation: Miles Sanders, Carson Wentz

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toolg said:

Just watch this play:

That play was at the very end of the video 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 11:32 PM, matchew88 said:

Wrong sport

🤣 Mike Schmidt, maybe?

• Like 1