Master of the Draft CO-WINNERS

OCEaglefan

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

That jackass is going to win it again this year.

I’m not bitter or anything 

who are we going to draught?

31 minutes ago, Arthur Jackson said:

who are we going to draught?

Caitlin Clark

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Caitlin Clark

hit

• Haha 2

Look forward to this every year even though my interest in this year's draft is low on my scale (which is probably high for a normal fan)

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

Look forward to this every year even though my interest in this year's draft is low on my scale (which is probably high for a normal fan)

Weak overall draft class?  Or weak for the positions where you have the most interest in drafting?  Or just lack of interest due to the man making the picks?

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

Weak overall draft class?  Or weak for the positions where you have the most interest in drafting?  Or just lack of interest due to the man making the picks?

Just not feeling that 22 will be all that interesting in this year's impact and it's so variable who will be available anyway

7 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Just not feeling that 22 will be all that interesting in this year's impact and it's so variable who will be available anyway

Strong gut feeling here we move up for someone.  Howie has done that last few drafts - thinking the trend continues.  

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Strong gut feeling here we move up for someone.  Howie has done that last few drafts - thinking the trend continues.  

I like when they do that because it shows they liked the guy they got as opposed to taking the best of who’s left. Hate to trade away picks of course

Looking forward to the draft. Let's improve the D.

Wait if Mims or someone like him is still on the board, than trade down with someone who wants him, so Cowboys can't get him. Ideally to the end of the first round or begining  of the second...for lets say aditional this year 3rd if end of the first round and 3rd+4th if beginnning of the second round or whatsoever... and then take this guy

Also...our biggest weakness was defending the middle of the field, so it oculd help in that area

7 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

I like when they do that because it shows they liked the guy they got as opposed to taking the best of who’s left. Hate to trade away picks of course

I hear you ... it's a trade off.  But I'd prefer to end up with a DeVonta Smith (and not have a 2nd pick) then end up with a Dillard and JJAW (not that those 2 scenarios are identical but you catch my drift).  It really boils down to proper talent evaluation though (and finding players that are better fits for how you plan to use them).  

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

I hear you ... it's a trade off.  But I'd prefer to end up with a DeVonta Smith (and not have a 2nd pick) then end up with a Dillard and JJAW (not that those 2 scenarios are identical but you catch my drift).  It really boils down to proper talent evaluation though (and finding players that are better fits for how you plan to use them).  

Talent evaluation is the plain issue, we can argue the toss about Howie's overall record of drafting and how it stacks up to the rest of the league, but his record in the bottom half of the first is indefensible.

Since 2013 24 teams have drafted a pro bowler in the first round from pick 15 onwards, the Cowboys have drafted 6. the Ravens 5, the Vikings 4, hell even the Ginas and Washington have drafted a couple each. We haven't even drafted anyone that makes it to a second contract beyond pick 15 since 2009 (Maclin, pick 19), that's 6 picks so far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

If we get to reach back in time and re-draft players, this is the year to draft Bobby Taylor with pick 50.  

I've done more draft prep than any NFL team.  I'm ready to dominate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Talent evaluation is the plain issue, we can argue the toss about Howie's overall record of drafting and how it stacks up to the rest of the league, but his record in the bottom half of the first is indefensible.

Since 2013 24 teams have drafted a pro bowler in the first round from pick 15 onwards, the Cowboys have drafted 6. the Ravens 5, the Vikings 4, hell even the Ginas and Washington have drafted a couple each. We haven't even drafted anyone that makes it to a second contract beyond pick 15 since 2009 (Maclin, pick 19), that's 6 picks so far.

If only we let @HazletonEagle make the picks. 

• Like 1

According to Shefter, Birds looking to package their 22 overall and one of their 2nd round picks to move up.  Raiders have been mentioned as a trade target - they have 12 overall.

image.thumb.png.736d68f9bab63f16bbea740e27071157.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Procus said:

According to Shefter, Birds looking to package their 22 overall and one of their 2nd round picks to move up.  Raiders have been mentioned as a trade target - they have 12 overall.

Slight correction LV has 13th overall.  The trade value chart aligns perfectly with moving to 13 (1150 pts) using picks 22 (780 pts) and 53 (370 pts) ... 780+370=1150.

I think a trade up is almost a certainty and could see a couple teams willing to swing a deal:

Indy (picks 22, 50, and 120 for 15 and 82).  I'm sure Howie would love to find a way back into the 3rd round.

Jax (picks 22 and 53 for 17, 96, and 116).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Procus said:

If they move up that far itll be for an OT. 

You dont go up that far for Terrion Arnold with his nickel CB size and athleticism. Not even Quinyon Mitchell because hes not at the level of last years top CBs. So not worth the extra value of trading for.

• Like 1

It'd be interesting to register what we all would have done with each Eagles' pick, and revisit that thread once the season is over. The person with the most Pro Bowlers selected wins and gets crowned as the real master of the draft. 

18 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

It'd be interesting to register what we all would have done with each Eagles' pick, and revisit that thread once the season is over. The person with the most Pro Bowlers selected wins and gets crowned as the real master of the draft. 

Rookies don't rarely make the pro bowl so... How is that supposed to work?

18 hours ago, time2rock said:

No doubt.  Armed with an extra second rounder, Howie won't be able to resist moving up.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 3:45 PM, OCEaglefan said:

first year doing this was the Marcus Smith year. One jackass picked him and won the tourney. Ruined my hard work 🥲

The real jackass there was Chip Kelly 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Rookies don't rarely make the pro bowl so... How is that supposed to work?

You have a point. It can also just be a very subjective evaluation of each haul. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 4:15 PM, Arthur Jackson said:

hit

f64b4761b6b11d52.jpg

• Haha 2