Mock Draft: Trade Up for OT

leftcoastnest

Starting to like the idea of finding our RT of the future in this year’s stacked OT class. In this scenario, I have Terrion and Mitchell going in top 15 while one of our top OT targets drops outside of top 15. In this mock draft scenario, Vic sees what we’ve got in our young CBs this season before committing major draft capital to a CB prospect.

FREE AGENCY

Justin Simmons, S, Denver Broncos - 2 year deal

Cody Whitehair, RG/C, Chicago Bears - 2 year deal

Carl Lawson, DE, New York Jets - 1 year deal

TRADE

(1)

Philadelphia Eagles trade: 

2024 1st Rd Pick (#22)

2024 2nd Rd Pick (#53)

2024 5th Rd Pick (#161)

Jacksonville Jaguars trade:

2024 1st Rd Pick (#17)

2024 3rd Rd Pick (#96)

Context for the trade:

Stoutland’s man crush falls within striking distance. Howie packages our second 2nd round pick to move up and land our starting RT of the future.

(2)

Philadelphia Eagles trade: 

2024 3rd Rd Pick (#96)

2025 3rd Rd Pick

Jacksonville Jaguars trade:

2024 3rd Rd Pick (#81)

2025 4th Rd Pick

Context for the trade:

Howie moves a 2025 3rd rd pick but recoups a 2025 4th rd pick in order to move up in the 3rd round to secure another talented player from Georgia U for Vic’s secondary. We add another talented prospect from Georgia U to the Safety room.

DRAFT

1.17 - Troy Fautanu, OT, Washington

Top 3 OT prospect in this years super talented class. Stoutland loves Fautanu’s athleticism and versatility, evident by how many meetings we’ve had with him. Gets to learn behind Lane this season, but can plug in as tackle or guard on the OL if needed.

2.50 - Junior Colson, LB, Michigan

One of the best cover LBs in the draft. Stands to develop in run support, but I don’t think he’s a liability by any means. Does everything Vic requires his LBs to do when dropping in coverage.

3.81 - Javon Bullard, S/CB, Georgia

A versatile and technically-sound safety who has the technique and athleticism to play slot CB. Battle tested in the SEC and can develop into a CGJ-type safety for Vic’s secondary.

4.120 - Elijah Jones, CB, Boston

Has the tangibles, size, and athleticism to develop into a quality outside CB. Poor in run support but thrives in zone, adequate in man-coverage, and has great ball skills. Developmental pick for our new secondary coach.

5.171 - Ainias Smith, WR, Texas A&M

Undersized, multi-dimensional slot WR who can make plays with the ball in his hand. I think he’d be a gadget-type weapon for Moore’s offense. Appears to be a similar prospect to Tank Dell from last year’s draft.

5.172 - Dallin Holker, TE, Colorado State

A natural pass catching TE with good size. Adds depth to our TE room.

Love it, my friend! 👊🏻

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ray75 said:

Love it, my friend! 👊🏻

🤝

go birds

2 minutes ago, leftcoastnest said:

🤝

go birds

Man…am I ready for this draft! Just 11 days!!!

GReat read - thanks!

Put a running back in ther to replace Jopnes and it's a home run

6 hours ago, Rob331 said:

GReat read - thanks!

Put a running back in ther to replace Jopnes and it's a home run

Birds showing a lot of interest in Jones supposedly. I think a young CB talent to develop is a bit more appealing than a mid-round RB, but either scenario would still have me stoked on the birds