Vinny Curry has Returned

Aerolithe_Lion

https://www.nfl.com/news/vinny-curry-eagles-signing-defensive-end-to-one-year-deal

Vinny Curry is flying back to Philly.

The Philadelphia Eagles are re-signing the defensive end, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo and NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources informed of the situation. Curry's one-year deal is worth up to $2 million -- $1.3M fully guaranteed with a chance to earn more with sack and playoff incentives.

Curry compiled five sacks -- a career-high -- in his return to Philly last season after one year in Tampa. The former second-round pick by the Eagles in 2012 owns 29.5 sacks in eight NFL seasons, seven of those in Philly.

Coming off a stellar season, Curry re-joins a dominant defensive front in Philly that boasts a starting group of Brandon Graham, Fletcher Cox, free-agent addition Javon Hargrave and Derek Barnett.

The 32-year-old Curry is an excellent depth addition for the Eagles. Not only can he provide impactful snaps, he already knows the defense. In a year when depth will be challenged and continuity will be key, Philly hanging onto Curry is a boon to an already stout defensive front.

I can dig it

• Like 2

They want guys who can plug and play.  No practices, limited interaction with the coaching staff and an uncertain season make veterans more valuable.  Curry, like Peters, knows the organization.  This is just not a normal year. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

They want guys who can plug and play.  No practices, limited interaction with the coaching staff and an uncertain season make veterans more valuable.  Curry, like Peters, knows the organization.  This is just not a normal year. 

Yup. Makes sense. Plus, Vinny played well last year. Like both signings. 

• Like 2

I haven't been at all impressed with the three 4th round DE picks on the roster.  You never know how much a player has improved entering his 2nd or 3rd year until you see it on tape. The FO obviously isn't all that impressed with what they've seen, so a good move adding Vinnie to the roster.

7 minutes ago, weko said:

I haven't been at all impressed with the three 4th round DE picks on the roster.  You never know how much a player has improved entering his 2nd or 3rd year until you see it on tape. The FO obviously isn't all that impressed with what they've seen, so a good move adding Vinnie to the roster.

You are not impressed by 3 defensive ends drafted 4th round that have barely touched  the field? Good eye there 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You are not impressed by 3 defensive ends drafted 4th round that have barely touched  the field? Good eye there 🙄

He must’ve done some YouTube highlight analysis

9 hours ago, downundermike said:

He must’ve done some YouTube highlight analysis

Not even that.

ESPN career stats page, check.

5 sacks is solid, not stellar

28 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

5 sacks is solid, not stellar

Hopefully he'll be the 4th DE at best though...

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The good thing is that he can feast with both DTs being double teamed

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He is actually better served playing in running downs, holds the point very well.

Maybe this signing will finally put to rest the Clowney and Yannick non sense rumors :)

19 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I was trying to be polite. The DE from the browns was a 5th round pick and buried on the bench. Should have been able to get him for a 6 but we spent a 4. Too small to play 4-3 DE. The 4th rounder from PS had a 6 th round grade and has played at about that level so far. 

Good  move to resign.  I would say that the 4th round DE's from years past, rookies, and free  agents . If they get a chance to play this season, need to stake their claims for the future,  as the veterans only have a few years left together.  Otherwise, in the 2021 draft, they need to draft higher round DE's

8 hours ago, Robmarina9 said:

Good  move to resign.  I would say that the 4th round DE's from years past, rookies, and free  agents . If they get a chance to play this season, need to stake their claims for the future,  as the veterans only have a few years left together.  Otherwise, in the 2021 draft, they need to draft higher round DE's

I think they thought getting Barnett in the first then grabbing a few in the mid rounds 1 or 2 would break out while still having good veterans. Unfortunately none of them have stepped up in a big way including Barnett. So it's time to drafting them earlier 

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think they thought getting Barnett in the first then grabbing a few in the mid rounds 1 or 2 would break out while still having good veterans. Unfortunately none of them have stepped up in a big way including Barnett. So it's time to drafting them earlier 

Barnett has not been that stud but at the same time, I do think he has been solid all considering his injuries. I don't just look at the sacks stat. He has been a very good run stopper and creating pressure. The injuries on this team including Barnett have just been detrimental to this team. 5 sacks his rookie year as a backup, 2.5 in only 6 games in 2018 and 6.5 last year in 14 games is still pretty solid.  That's Grahams avg throughout his career as well. Pressures are pretty much in line also. They both were drafted in the same area of the first round. 

I think Barnett is a solid player who I'd like to see them keep around for a long time like they did with Graham. If he stays on his pace of 2017/2019 hes a Graham stats player. Maybe under a different defensive scheme/DC he could improve his sacks as well. Has he been Reggie White? No but we all love what Graham has done the last 6 years and Barnett has been right in line with that production. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Barnett has not been that stud but at the same time, I do think he has been solid all considering his injuries. I don't just look at the sacks stat. He has been a very good run stopper and creating pressure. The injuries on this team including Barnett have just been detrimental to this team. 5 sacks his rookie year as a backup, 2.5 in only 6 games in 2018 and 6.5 last year in 14 games is still pretty solid.  That's Grahams avg throughout his career as well. Pressures are pretty much in line also. They both were drafted in the same area of the first round. 

I think Barnett is a solid player who I'd like to see them keep around for a long time like they did with Graham. If he stays on his pace of 2017/2019 hes a Graham stats player. Maybe under a different defensive scheme/DC he could improve his sacks as well. Has he been Reggie White? No but we all love what Graham has done the last 6 years and Barnett has been right in line with that production. 

Don't get me wrong I like Barnett and want him around but, the injuries and production are exactly what they were hoping to get. Hopefully they can get him locked up that isn't to crazy of a number. 

I loved the fact that he is an Eagles fan, when he was drafted....Serviceable DE...Not Dominating. So my grade is C+.