Final Fantasy Titles

Agent23

31 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I agree. It's not just premium channels anymore. Basic cable channels are using every curse word available now

Jordan’s dropped a MFer and a poosey now too! 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

This game has finally gotten me into the FF7 lore universe. I haven't played because I don't have a PS4, but the cutscenes, story, characters, and music have me hooked.

1 hour ago, LA_Eagle_Fan said:

This game has finally gotten me into the FF7 lore universe. I haven't played because I don't have a PS4, but the cutscenes, story, characters, and music have me hooked.

Lucky for you PS4s are still available to purchase! 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Did you see this is also the free game for march? 

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Did you see this is also the free game for march? 

Yes. I will keep my disk copy but will be nice that whenever I choose to revisit the game I’ll no longer have to put the disk into the console. 

4 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Yes. I will keep my disk copy but will be nice that whenever I choose to revisit the game I’ll no longer have to put the disk into the console. 

I've never played a minute of any of them. Not sure if I would like it. Maybe this is a good time to check it out

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I've never played a minute of any of them. Not sure if I would like it. Maybe this is a good time to check it out

15 was my first I think. Was always hesitant because I didn't think I'd like the game style. Loved 15

Thought the story and gameplay was great

Haven't played 7 but I'll hope to remember to download the free one next month

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

15 was my first I think. Was always hesitant because I didn't think I'd like the game style. Loved 15

Maybe I'll give it a try not usually my kind of game but, maybe it will become one

41 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I would strongly recommend giving 7 a shot. Especially for free. While RPGs are very known for being "open world”, many of them start out on rails, meaning it’s like an uncharted or (traditional) god of war, where there is a fairly straightforward A to B path, yet crazy immersive along the way. 

this remake takes about a 8-10 hour section of the original game (for most people’s first play through) and masterfully fleshes it out to probably 45 hours. I like the linear nature at this point in life because too many side quests and fetch quests eventually burn me out with most games and I lose interest (mainly because I forget where the story/narrative we’re going) and I abandon my progress altogether 

32 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I really enjoyed what I played of 15, had to put like 40-50 hours into it over a course of a few weeks (back in Nov/Dec 2016 I want to say) and then "life” happened and never played another second of it. Because it’s OPEN WORLD right from the start, I spent sooo much time on hunts/quests and kind of treated the story second. 

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

. I like the linear nature at this point in life because too many side quests and fetch quests eventually burn me out with most games and I lose interest (mainly because I forget where the story/narrative we’re going) and I abandon my progress altogether

This is I think where I've always been. There is to many distractions and and tedious side missions in open world games. Like you I just get tired of it and don't care what the story is anymore and just want to get the game over with.

I did that with Red Dead 2, that was actually the first huge open world game I've ever finished lol. Let me tell you, towards the end I never wanted to be done with a game so bad in my life and didn't give a flying eff what was going on in the story anymore lol. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

This is I think where I've always been. There is to many distractions and and tedious side missions in open world games. Like you I just get tired of it and don't care what the story is anymore and just want to get the game over with.

I did that with Red Dead 2, that was actually the first huge open world game I've ever finished lol. Let me tell you, towards the end I never wanted to be done with a game so bad in my life and didn't give a flying eff what was going on in the story anymore lol. 

I was living in a hotel December and January, and started ghost of Tsushima. I think the fact that the game was masterfully done, and playing on ps5, allowed me to platinum. TONS of side quests, but the fast travel on ps5 literally had me getting from anyone on the map to my desired location in like 3 seconds, so that expedited the tedious nature and literally stuck in the same hotel room all day, I needed something to do after work and the fetch quest oddly worked wonders. not sure I would have been able to appreciate as fully under normal circumstances 

14 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I was living in a hotel December and January, and started ghost of Tsushima. I think the fact that the game was masterfully done, and playing on ps5, allowed me to platinum. TONS of side quests, but the fast travel on ps5 literally had me getting from anyone on the map to my desired location in like 3 seconds, so that expedited the tedious nature and literally stuck in the same hotel room all day, I needed something to do after work and the fetch quest oddly worked wonders. not sure I would have been able to appreciate as fully under normal circumstances 

That's actually something I haven't really thought about since I haven't really been messing around with my PS5... The load times almost being non-existent would probably help me get through open world better also. 

I  tried days gone on ps5 the first month though.... I spent like 2 hrs on a side mission to get basically nothing out of it, then got back on the main story mission and took like 5 hrs to get to where I was supposed to just to end up getting killed on arrival. I turned it the hell off and said screw open world and deleted it lol.  

36 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's actually something I haven't really thought about since I haven't really been messing around with my PS5... The load times almost being non-existent would probably help me get through open world better also. 

I  tried days gone on ps5 the first month though.... I spent like 2 hrs on a side mission to get basically nothing out of it, then got back on the main story mission and took like 5 hrs to get to where I was supposed to just to end up getting killed on arrival. I turned it the hell off and said screw open world and deleted it lol.  

That’s still on my back burner of games to play lol 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 9:27 PM, Agent23 said:

@jrsu37 why you ain’t got this? 

Lol I ain't above it! That's neat as hell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrsu37 said:

Lol I ain't above it! That's neat as hell.

I think I own most on PSN now given that they've made a lot of the older stuff accessible through there. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

FF7: Rebirth announced for early 2024 on PS5 and will be on TWO discs!

Sounds like the open world after you leave Midgar is going to be massive. 

On 6/8/2023 at 4:07 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

FF7: Rebirth announced for early 2024 on PS5 and will be on TWO discs!

Sounds like the open world after you leave Midgar is going to be massive. 

I still need to watch. Day 1 playing though 

• 2 weeks later...

Renamed from the previous FF7 Remake thread title. 

FF16 releases sometime this week. Early reviews are strong. I bought FF15 in Nov2016 along with the newly-released PS4 Pro. Played 45ish hours, doing tons of side quests and character building. I had my party all level 70-something. Then got distracted and hadn’t played for 6.5+ years. 

Picked it back up the other day, decided to just focus on the Story Missions and no side quests. Within an hour or so, I "Chapter 3 Completed”. Googled it, and something like 14 chapters. Thought to myself "holy crap… I’m 45hrs in and just finished chapter 3 of 14?!?!”

Been doing nothing but main story missions since, I’ve logged maybe another 6 hours… I think I completed chapter 10 or maybe it was even 11 last night lmao!!! 

so thinking I will complete this after a near-7 year hiatus and be ready to jump over to FF16

Played the demo. Lots of cut scenes. Took awhile to get used to the controls