The Batman (trailer)

DoWorx

On 8/26/2020 at 5:10 PM, NOTW said:

The problem with individual filmmakers doing their own thing is you don't get the consistency within that movie universe unless you have producers steering it the right way.  Marvel has different directors and the movies have their own styles but they make it all fit within the universe.  That's why DC does well on TV it's all connected.  Marvel created their own studio so they could make the decision and ensure the cast and crew and stories were in line with the comics and each movie could be connected, easier for actors to appear in each other's movies, etc.

DC just missed the boat.  They resurrected Batman in 2005 with Batman Begins.  In 2008 The Dark Knight came out, same year as Iron Man launched the MCU.  Bale and Nolan didn't want to continue anyway and their 3rd movie IMO wasn't very good.  And it came out in 2012 which was when the First Avengers movie came out. 

Man of Steel came out the year after Bale's last Batman movie.  Had there been a cohesive plan they could have used the reboots of Batman and Superman and had a Wonder Woman solo - the big 3 - then do a BvS properly, then JL and other characters after that.  Also Snyder was a bad choice. 

BVS should have been way down the road, after a few justice league movies. The whole appeal of that storyline to me is having 2 heros and close friends that fought together for a very long time, come to conflict due to both circumstance and their person moral codes. Having them not even know each other and Batman trying to kill him because he was an alien was a rush job IMO. 

DCEU's biggest problem, IMO, is they act like the need to play catch up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boogyman said:

DCEU's biggest problem, IMO, is they act like the need to play catch up.

I agree with this so much

They really didn't need to. I don't know why they wanted to battle Marvel. My guess is because they didn't want people to think they were copying Marvel. I wouldn't have cared though

20 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

They really didn't need to. I don't know why they wanted to battle Marvel. My guess is because they didn't want people to think they were copying Marvel. I wouldn't have cared though

I think people just want good movies. As far as the characters go I like Marvel and DC about the same. The DCEU is a rushed cluster**** though. 

14 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Sadly DC has put out great movies mostly with batman before marvel really even took off. They shouldn't of felt threatened by marvel to rush out these horrible movies. There is so many great things about the DC characters and fans would of waited for them to put it together. 

18 hours ago, Boogyman said:

I think people just want good movies. As far as the characters go I like Marvel and DC about the same. The DCEU is a rushed cluster**** though. 

Not big into the DC Universe either. DC seems to make pretty good animated movies that are on the darker side, but Batman vs. Superman was pure trash.

Batman: I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU

Superman: I HATE YOU MORE I HATE YOU MORE I HATE YOU MORE I HATE YOU MORE

Oh, our mothers are named Martha.

Batman: LETS BE FRIENDS LETS BE FRIENDS LETS BE FRIENDS LETS BE FRIENDS

Superman: YEAH YOU'RE COOL TO YEAH YOU'RE COOL TO YEAH YOU'RE COOL TO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I loved the Doomsday storyline in the comics, so they totally destroyed that character. I thought they should have ended with a post credit scene of something falling from the sky. You get a closer look at it and all of a sudden you hear booms coming from inside as Doomsday punches his way out. Lex Luthor making Doomsday was a terrible idea.

52 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Not big into the DC Universe either. DC seems to make pretty good animated movies that are on the darker side, but Batman vs. Superman was pure trash.

Batman: I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU

Superman: I HATE YOU MORE I HATE YOU MORE I HATE YOU MORE I HATE YOU MORE

Oh, our mothers are named Martha.

Batman: LETS BE FRIENDS LETS BE FRIENDS LETS BE FRIENDS LETS BE FRIENDS

Superman: YEAH YOU'RE COOL TO YEAH YOU'RE COOL TO YEAH YOU'RE COOL TO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I loved the Doomsday storyline in the comics, so they totally destroyed that character. I thought they should have ended with a post credit scene of something falling from the sky. You get a closer look at it and all of a sudden you hear booms coming from inside as Doomsday punches his way out. Lex Luthor making Doomsday was a terrible idea.

The DC animated movies are mostly great. 

Lex Luthor was very poorly done. I like the idea of him hiding behind his money and intelligence, plotting. Superman knows he is behind it. But Superman believing in "truth, justice and the American way" needs to have proof and can't just go snatch him. Thats the bread and butter of Luthor IMO. Having Luthor appear, show all his cards, and get arrested in one movie was lame and a waste of his character.

The Martha thing was universally idiotic and I think even a die hard DCEU fan would admit it was comical at best.

watched Flash: Flashpoint Paradox after reading this is the direction the flash movie will go and the wiki for this storyline. 

NOT a cartoon for kids, not too bad but with holes in the story (minor holes) liked their take on superman. 

3 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

watched Flash: Flashpoint Paradox after reading this is the direction the flash movie will go and the wiki for this storyline. 

NOT a cartoon for kids, not too bad but with holes in the story (minor holes) liked their take on superman. 

Flash movie? Who's lined up to play the flash?

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Flash movie? Who's lined up to play the flash?

oh i thought it was the kid from the justice league movie.

Just now, wholesale_Melvin said:

Oh god really? OK I'm not interested then. 

On 8/31/2020 at 12:45 PM, wholesale_Melvin said:

it is and Batfleck is playing batman in the Flash movie

6 hours ago, DoWorx said:

it is and Batfleck is playing batman in the Flash movie

Talk about confusing. Mind you... that's DC all over with this movie universe though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Talk about confusing. Mind you... that's DC all over with this movie universe though. 

If you know the Flashpoint story line (an altered timeline plot) it makes sense. 

2 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

If you know the Flashpoint story line (an altered timeline plot) it makes sense. 

I guess so yeah... Though I can't stand the guy who plays the flash in the movies. He's terrible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I guess so yeah... Though I can't stand the guy who plays the flash in the movies. He's terrible.

Is he terrible or was he just stuck in a terrible movie with terrible reshoots and a terrible director?

10 hours ago, Bill said:

Is he terrible or was he just stuck in a terrible movie with terrible reshoots and a terrible director?

I think he's terrible. But then I love the TV series so that's my Barry Allan. 

On 9/2/2020 at 6:00 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree. 

On 9/2/2020 at 12:55 PM, Bill said:

Both.