Wong’s First Money League Team

Shepard Wong

On 9/5/2020 at 11:27 PM, Shepard Wong said:

Drafted another team from the 7 spot in my neighborhood league. This one is PPR so I switched up the backs I took 1 and 2. Pretty happy with the team.

BE56FDC3-97E0-4A9A-BEE8-6FA5E02D842B.jpeg

1FBB5D1E-6C9F-44B7-ABEE-44F1B00B5734.jpeg

how many teams?!? Kupp went late rd round in my 12-teamer last night. while likely not going to repeat his statistical prowess of last season, dude put up WR5 numbers last year. Are people really sleeping that hard on him? 

12 team.  I got Krupp in the 6th round for some reason.  I was so shocked he was still there I did a quick search before I picked him to make sure I didn’t miss news of an injury.

it’s a very casual league. There were some strange picks.

Kupp is such a Jekyll/Hyde kind of player. He did indeed have a good start last year, then he disappeared at the end of the season. The Rams switched to more 12 personnel and that's when Higbee took off.  I'm expecting more of that look this year by the Rams, so I'm shading Kupp.

1 hour ago, toolg said:

Kupp is such a Jekyll/Hyde kind of player. He did indeed have a good start last year, then he disappeared at the end of the season. The Rams switched to more 12 personnel and that's when Higbee took off.  I'm expecting more of that look this year by the Rams, so I'm shading Kupp.

he's basically a WR3 steal tho. 

Just now, Agent23 said:

he's basically a WR3 steal tho. 

He's going at the end of WR2 or high WR3 in the drafts I have done. Too rich for me. I don't think he produces as much as last year, I don't want to start him, so he's gone by the time I'm ready to draft him.

Just finished my other m9ney league draft from pick 1.  I’ll post screenshots once cbs gets their servers to quit crapping the bed.  But took CMC 1st then got Godwin and Chubb at the 2-3 turn.

35 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Just finished my other m9ney league draft from pick 1.  I’ll post screenshots once cbs gets their servers to quit crapping the bed.  But took CMC 1st then got Godwin and Chubb at the 2-3 turn.

Just now, mr_hunt said:

how tf was chubb there? :lol:

To many times I see these posts and my first thought is, I wanna play in a league with people that dumb.

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

To many times I see these posts and my first thought is, I wanna play in a league with people that dumb.

this.

Chubb went 12th in my league. 

• Like 2

Everyone is QB crazy this year.  This league more than most.  Dark went at the 1-2 turn.  This league also has some weird rules like scoring length bonuses but I think people got panicky about Chubb because of the Hunt extension today.  People were freaking out on twitter.

Hunt’s presence on the team is already built into his price so I don’t get the panic but I’ll take it.

22 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Everyone is QB crazy this year.  This league more than most.  Dark went at the 1-2 turn.  This league also has some weird rules like scoring length bonuses but I think people got panicky about Chubb because of the Hunt extension today.  People were freaking out on twitter.

Hunt’s presence on the team is already built into his price so I don’t get the panic but I’ll take it.

In my big money league dude picked Drake and Lamar Jackson at 12-13

• 4 weeks later...

For one of my teams, TE and QB are are my week spots but I'm loaded at RB and WR.  The Kelce owner offered me Kelce, John Brown and Goff for Chubb, Dionte Johnson, and Gesicki.  

Goff has gone for around 25 - 30 pts the last two weeks and Kelce is a huge upgrade.  My roster, if I accept, would be

QB: Stafford/Goff

RB: Derrick Henry, James Robinson, Kareem Hunt, Miles Gaskin, D'Andre Swift, and Cam Akers

WR: Golladay, Thielen, McLaurin, John Brown, Corey Davis, Justin Jefferson, Alshon Jefferey

TE: Kelce and Logan Thomas

DST: Ravens

K: Matt Prater

It feels like an overpay but I feel like it would be a really strong roster after the move.  Thoughts?