March 6Mar 6 They need to get younger players on rookie deals on the offense. They are returning 5 starters. Steen was actually good. The concerns are Dickerson and Jurgens for their injuries and health. Just draft Gennings Dunker and call it a day.
April 25Apr 25 Why didn’t we sign him yet? The line was so much better with him at RG and I suspect he would come here at a cheap price.
April 26Apr 26 18 hours ago, Road to Victory said:Why didn’t we sign him yet? The line was so much better with him at RG and I suspect he would come here at a cheap price.Maybe we sign him in about a week. Let's see what Howie does.
August 3Aug 3 I extremely surprise that he hasn't signed anywhere. I know he had a very rough go with the chargers but with the success he had here. I thought we could bring him back on another 1 year deal even if just for depth considering how injured our line was last year.
August 3Aug 3 2 minutes ago, scottr@pictips.com said:I extremely surprise that he hasn't signed anywhere. I know he had a very rough go with the chargers but with the success he had here. I thought we could bring him back on another 1 year deal even if just for depth considering how injured our line was last year.Same. I was really disappointed he wasn't resigned after 2024, especially since he accepted ( what I thought ) was a very doable deal here. Would he come back now that Stout is not coaching the O line anymore ?
September 14Sep 14 I cannot for the life of me understand why we haven't offered him a contract. He's similar to Foles in that he has only had success here. He left and got paid. It didn't work out well. He should sign another 1 yr proof it deal. Having him at least for depth wouldn't be a bad idea at all IMO. He is still a free agent. Have there been any stories about why teams don't seem to be looking at him?
September 14Sep 14 He was one of the worst graded OGs in football last year. Plus he is injury prone. You bring him in now and it could take weeks to get him in playing shape.
September 15Sep 15 As frustrating as it may be. No other teams have signed him either. Is there a reason for that?
September 15Sep 15 Because I think the team is actually pretty high on Kendall and Lampkin. They played very all through out training camp and into the preseason games. No reason for them not to be given an opportunity. Becton was bad last year, and hasn't been active with any team. Hard to believe he would come in off the street and be any better than the options we already have.
September 15Sep 15 He is a truly horrendous pass blocker. I love him running over people but they like Kendall and Lampkin.
September 15Sep 15 Take PFF with a grain of salt but not good...Mekhi Becton was an offensive guard for the Los Angeles Chargers who earned a 35.7 overall PFF grade in the 2025 season, 79th among 81 qualified offensive guards. He played 734 offensive snaps on the season.His PFF pass-blocking grade of 45.1 ranked 72nd among 81 qualified offensive guards. His run-blocking grade of 34.3 ranked 81st at the position.He allowed 37 total pressures in pass protection. That total included 3 sacks and 7 hits allowed to opposing pass rushers. He was flagged for 5 penalties over the course of the season.
September 15Sep 15 4 hours ago, eggs said:We really need him now with both a guard and center at risk of missing real time.We need the in shape Becton of 2024, but the out of shape Becton of his Jets tenure before the Eagles and his 2025 tenure with the Chargers does us no good.
September 15Sep 15 There’s logic to bringing Becton in for sure. But I also think there’s a strong possibility that actually it would be a busted move. He was a really good player here in 2024. But he had arguably the best OL coach of all time and an all round elite OL. The OL now isn’t the same. Jurgens is not the same, Dickerson is not the same and is now on IR, and even Mailata and Lane aren’t quite the same.
September 15Sep 15 It's a fair question, but I would answer the question with two other questions: 1. Is the Mekhi Becton of 2024 the same as the Mekhi Becton of 2026? 2. Is the Eagles OL coaching staff of 2024 the same as the Eagles OL coaching of 2026? Answers to these two questions will likely give you the answer to the OP's initial question.
September 15Sep 15 I don't think he fits this scheme. Mannion wants quicker, athletic lineman who can get to the second level quickly. This is why I think Kendall or even Lampkin might be a better long-term solution then Dickerson.
September 16Sep 16 I understand "getting to the 2nd level” is important for some blocking schemes, but, don’t they have to be effective at the "1st level”?
September 16Sep 16 You know, they have invested in three young interior lineman in Kendall, Lampkin and Morris. Maybe they want to give these guys the oppty to prove themselves before pulling the ripcord on Becton. If Kendall or one if his back-ups gets experience we can see if they can be an inexpensive potential starter next year.
September 16Sep 16 Very simple...in all the time playing in the NFL except 1 year with us under a different Oline coordinator he has been absolute dog crap...so believing that he could come back here and throw on our jersey and magically he is fixed again...NO...not happening..a waste of time , let's move on.
September 16Sep 16 On 9/15/2026 at 6:56 AM, brkmsn said:Becton was fine in Stoutland's scheme. Guess who else isn't here.Funny enough that it was Sirianni's idea to put him at G, otherwise we likely aren't even debating Becton and this thread wouldn't even exist.
September 16Sep 16 I have tried to find any news about him. Is he still hurt? Is he just a fat slob now. He seems to have fallen of the face of the earth. if hes still "in shape" then why not taker a look especially given the o line injury history
Create an account or sign in to comment