Weekly line thread: Eagles -6 at Washington

Hawkeye

Eagles laying  a TD on the road vs. The Football Team.
Over under is 43 to 43.5

I have zero feel for any aspect of this NFL season right now. No off season program, no fans, weird protocols. 

No opinion on the side right now and a lean toward the under. 

• Like 1

I think teams with established coaching staffs and systems have an even bigger advantage this season.  Eagles have that advantage in this one.  I like the over. 

• Like 1

I don't gamble. But, this would be a bad week to gamble with teams not having a legit preseason.  The only game that I think is a sure fire lock is KC over Houston and KC should win that game big.  With the Eagles OL issues, I would stay away from this game.  This could be a turnover-fest.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Are teams really going to get the traditional -3 at home this year?  You'd think HFA is a -1 at best.

You don't have faith in the cardboard cutouts?

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

You don't have faith in the cardboard cutouts?

Are you referring to the fans? Or some of the guys likely to see the field for the Eagles this weekend? 😆

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Greenakers2 said:

Seems a tad high for week 1.....

Definitely! I also think having no fans in the stadium helps the home side in this case. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Definitely! I also think having no fans in the stadium helps the home side in this case. 

Ive been to RFK a few times for a game, last one was opening game 2017. Its half full with Eagles fans. So your comment would be correct. Zero home field advantage in the stadium when they play Philly. 

Divisional home opener with the Eagles banged up and on the road? I'll take the points there easily.

19 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If I'm a neutral bettor, I would load heavy on the Redskins.  The Eagles are not going to be very good.  And these games will be sloppy as hll.  Philly is normally sloppy at the beginning of the year.  I can't imagine how bad they will look without any pre-season.  

This, the last 2 years we've come into the season playing like the team hasn't got the playbook down, I can't even imagine what we'll look like this year. 

This should be one of 7 or 8 games the Eagles win this season. I just don't like their chances to win the division or make the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I feel the opposite. 

Our Defense is lock to give up 2 huge games and Wentz/Djax is good for one. That ALONE is 17 to 21 points. 

30-20 eagles

Don't see that at all with the offseason and lack of preseason. Offenses are going to struggle for a few weeks, and it will be boring, low scoring games.

On 9/7/2020 at 10:09 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

-6 on the road? No chance. Sadly I think Washington win so I'm having no part of the Eagles on that line. 

There is no hfa this season and the spread reflects this

The Football Team has a new coaching staff and they’re switching defenses. The line is down to 5.5 in a bunch of spots, too.

Give me PHI -5.5

Hello I've come from the future, you should take Washington at 10, don't lose your nerve when we go 17 up, we suck the entire second half.

• Haha 1