Poll: Eagles Predicted Win Total 2020 Season

John_C

Eagles Win Total 2020 Season  

65 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do you expect the Eagles to win this year??

• 13 or more
    • 11 - 12
    • 9 - 10
    • 7 - 8
    • 6 or less

Difficult - I think 10 - but could easily go 2 wins either way.

I think WR will be better this year, especially if Reagor gets back soon. I worry a lot about the O-Line and to a lesser extent about the DEs being able to get consistent pressure on the QB. Slay will definitely help.

I would have said 10.  I think the Eagles were ahead of the curve.  The rules of the game have evolved due to both the desire for more points and for player safety.  Great defenses will not be able to impact the game nearly as much.  Offense wins championships now.  The Eagles were set to make a run with a great O-line, the best 1-2 TEs in the game and an explosive RB, all of which would make the WR group better.  Now that great O-line is no more and the defense is still average.  With the schedule they have 8-8 would be my gut call.  They could find their footing though since they had 2 weeks to work with the new o-line configuration.  So 10-6 would not surprise me either.

Teams with new coaching staffs/ New systems are way behind the curve this year, conversely teams that have remained intact, have continuity usually at a distinct advantage for a normal season, with no preseason and a truncated Training camp and OTA's, both of these will seem exaggerated this year by mid season.....

There are 6 games alone we play against the Cowboys, Giants, and Skins- all with new coaching staff's/ New Schemes - not much continuity.  All 6 of those games are very winnable. 

Add in the Bengals, Browns and Cards, and there are 9 very winnable games. Say we go 7-2 very reasonable- 

That means in question would be, Rams, Packers, Seahawks, Ravens, Steelers, Saints and 49er's.....  even if we split those games 3-4 we should end up with at least 10 Wins. 

I think our secondary outside Slay and McLeod is a great big question mark, however bad Douglas and Jones could be (and while not denying they were bad at times I do think it was overdone a bit, I actually thought Jones was passable down the stretch and I think Douglas might come on in a system that can cover his weaknesses) its hard to see how we got better by just getting rid,  Maddox and Le Blanc aren't exactly Asante Samuel and Troy Vincent either. Couple that with Schwartz career long refusal to match up corners or offer safety help over the top, all teams have to do is move their top guy to the side Slay isn't on and we might be in trouble if the D- Line can't get home, because if Schwartz cheated his safeties up with Bradham in there at LB, he definitely is with an unproven rookie.

With the injuries at WR, I'm not convinced our Roster right now is much better than we put out first day last year.

The eagles are really being ignored by the national media.  Even a lot of philly fans are ignoring or downplaying the eagles because, like the media, they transfer many opinions from the previous year, or they "rate" a team based on how "exciting" their draft was.  But injuries are ignored, 2nd or 3rd year player development is ignored and , in the eagles case, significant acquisitions are ignored.

And we've all seen, year after year, a team that was very good last year ends up crapping the bed and some other team who struggled, win their division.  

My point is that last year the eagles struggled with MAJOR injuries and whole units being decimated.  WRs, DBs, DL and RBs were a mess and they still won the division and made the playoffs.  Wentz didn't get back to his MVP form until half way thru the season, they had NO deep threat and were using practice squad players in vital positions.

The upgrades the eagles have made are really being underestimated.  Slay, Hargrave, and Robey-Coleman are huge additions, especially when guys like Malik Jackson, Ridgeway, Maddox and Mills are healthy and McLeod was back.  Barnett should be back soon too.  It's too simple minded to say the eagles defensive backfield will be anything like last year, same with the defensive line.....Cox, Jackson and Hargrave are going to collapse a lot of pockets, creating opportunities for the DEs and DBs.

If they stay healthy, I think they end up being a top 5 defense again.

Offensively, the RBs have speed, allusiveness, running and pass catching ability......adding Huntley adds a ton if speed and pass catching ability although, he may be used mostly on kickoffs for a while.  The whole backfield can run and create mismatches in the pass games.

The WRs is where most of the concerns come in.....Jackson will be limited in snaps in the hope of keeping him healthy.  Jeffery may be done here. And JJAW, Ward, Reagor, Hightower and Watkins have a ton to prove.  But there are 2 things that the eagles struggled with last year that they now may not this year.  The first is not having a deep threat.  Defenses will have to respect the speed the eagles can put out there this year.  The field could open up.  The second is Wentz......his confidence, not only in his ability, but with his receivers was not where it needed to be last year.....he would double clutch more last year than I ever saw him do before......but as the year went on, he showed his ability to hit small windows and moved more outside the pocket to create opportunities.  

If he continues playing with confidence and giving these receivers and RBs a chance to make a play, the passing game is going to crank out some big numbers.  The offensive line is banged up and Brooks and Dillard are done for the year. But Stoutland is one of the best OL coaches in the NFL, and while the OL may struggle a bit early, he always seems to get them to play better as the year grinds on.

So a healthy and more confident Wentz with better WRs and RBs and a retooled defense with a chip on its shoulder, and good mix of young players and vets that need to prove a point  is a combination that can only be sidetracked by a load of injuries.  They have new, young coaches at DB, WR and Passing game Coordinator that hopefully, can inject some urgency and create some chemistry.

A lot of optimism I know, but I believe the eagles would have been at the top of the NFC the last 2 years if it weren't for the injuries. Assuming the injury iist is reasonable, I think the eagles win the division and then some.

I think they go 11-5 or better.....with Wentz being in the top 5 QB categories and the defense as a top 5 unit.

• Like 1

I went with 11-5. Was torn between that and 10-6.

5-1 vs. NFC East (sweep WAS and NYG, split with DAL)

3-1 vs. AFC North (I think we can beat the Steelers, even in Pittsburgh; lose to Ravens)

2-2 vs. the NFC West (lose to Seahawks, split with 49ers and Rams)

1-1 vs. Green Bay (win) and New Orleans (loss)

You guys are crazy.  Serious oline issues,  questionable at best secondary, garbage at LB. 

7.... 8 wins tops. 

I'm not feeling good about the O-Line. If Wentz is healthy enough and finishes the season, it will be a miracle. The Defense without Jenkins isn't going to take step down.

7-8 wins. 

I went 7-8. I think it'll be 7 though if I'm being honest. I think this is very much a season for development (hopefully) rather than being all that competitive in terms of the division etc. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, What The F said:

You guys are crazy.  Serious oline issues,  questionable at best secondary, garbage at LB. 

7.... 8 wins tops. 

This.  Unless they somehow capture 2017 like lighting in a bottle, there isn't much reason to think this team will be anything better than above average.

On 9/8/2020 at 2:08 PM, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

On 9/8/2020 at 3:02 PM, What The F said:

7.... 8 wins tops. 

On 9/8/2020 at 4:20 PM, jsdarkstar said:

I'm not feeling good about the O-Line. If Wentz is healthy enough and finishes the season, it will be a miracle. The Defense without Jenkins isn't going to take step down.

7-8 wins. 

On 9/8/2020 at 4:50 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I went 7-8. I think it'll be 7 though if I'm being honest. I think this is very much a season for development (hopefully) rather than being all that competitive in terms of the division etc. 

20 hours ago, The Norseman said:

This.  Unless they somehow capture 2017 like lighting in a bottle, there isn't much reason to think this team will be anything better than above average.

I'm with you guys.  I see far too many issues, risks and deficiencies in this team.  Gross negligence in the draft, missed opportunities in FA, poor cap management along the way, sprinkled in with age and bad injury luck (already) which goes hand in hand with age.  It looks very much to me like a 7-8 win team.

The team has not drafted nearly well enough to replenish the talent level over the last several years.  Add in the laughably ridiculous hedge against Wentz in the 2nd round, undermining the franchise QB, and you have a bad situation.

The eagles need some breaks in the near future, including someone much, much better to pick players, or they will remain in the muddled middle of the league.

• Like 1

After yesterday I have to feel 8 wins is a stretch for this team given our schedule, injuries, in-game adjustments (coaching), and injury-susceptible quarterback who might not make it the entire season behind center. Add the Ertz contract dispute, Howie's open argument with Ertz in front of other players, bad contracts, and a defensive line that disappeared yesterday and we might be looking at worse. Wonder what a coach like Ron Rivera would have done for the Eagles; I think Doug's shiny Super Bowl veneer has faded. It was clear who made the halftime adjustments and instilled confidence in his team. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Eldereagle1 said:

After yesterday I have to feel 8 wins is a stretch for this team given our schedule, injuries, in-game adjustments (coaching), and injury-susceptible quarterback who might not make it the entire season behind center.

Yeah 8 wins is a definite stretch with this team. I mean maybe they all pull together? But I doubt it. 

• Like 1

I wish i could change my vote from 7-8 wins to under 6. Of course when Lane Johnson returns the O line may play a lot better. We shall see.

4-12.