They want to make sure you see it

DBW

I saw the clip during one of those game breaks. I thought it was just a pregame clip that was put in the bunch of clips of the game

Kick returns don't usually happen anymore though

41 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I saw the clip during one of those game breaks. I thought it was just a pregame clip that was put in the bunch of clips of the game

Kick returns don't usually happen anymore though

True - which is a gentlemen’s agreement there to kick it out of the EZ, but the point was to thwart the attempts to skip all the bs and just watch football.  Well played on their part.

50 minutes ago, DBW said:

Players foil your plan to skip the pregame and anthem.  Take a knee during play.  

remember when sports were about....well...sports? And not a political stand by millionaire athletes paid by billionaires? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, greenskeeper said:

remember when sports were about....well...sports? And not a political stand by millionaire athletes paid by billionaires? 

I do! And I skipped all the BS and even when my fellow watchers were ****ing about it today, I just shut them up with "look, they have their platform and if they want to use it so be it, but I’m here to watch the game so if you’re going to turn it into a political **** fest one way or the other and tell me how you hate blm or anything else related that the athletes stand or kneel or raise a fist for or against, I’m just gonna leave now.”  

I guess I just have the ability to separate these things into silos.  Sports for me is sports.  Nothing more nothing less.  

2 hours ago, DBW said:

I do! And I skipped all the BS and even when my fellow watchers were ****ing about it today, I just shut them up with "look, they have their platform and if they want to use it so be it, but I’m here to watch the game so if you’re going to turn it into a political **** fest one way or the other and tell me how you hate blm or anything else related that the athletes stand or kneel or raise a fist for or against, I’m just gonna leave now.”  

I guess I just have the ability to separate these things into silos.  Sports for me is sports.  Nothing more nothing less.  

Well... did you leave? 

At least it wasn't during the anthem.  I think if the anthem was never brought into the protests by Kaepernik, the narrative and dialogue would've been different.  It still may not have been effective; people would've still been upset with protests during the game.  But, people have protested or done inappropriate things as touchdown celebrations, and who remembers those shortcomings or sees them as those players' defining moments?

I wonder what will happen when someone protests during the anthem or during play for something that is not the cause celebre.  What happens if a player kneels during the anthem or kneels on the kickoff until abortion is outlawed in the US?  What happens if one player kneels because Biden is elected, and the next guy over kneels until college is free for all Americans, and the next guy over kneels until the District of Columbia becomes a state, and the next guy over kneels until physician-assisted suicide is outlawed in every state?

3 hours ago, DBW said:

Nope that shut everyone right up.  

So you’re saying the players protested something they cared about during the game and you continued to watch. What a shocker. 

None of these protests impacted my viewing experience. Good for them for using their platform in a positive way. Unfortunately they sparked no emotion for me at all (which is another problem). They're so common place right now that I'm just programmed to see the protest and move on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

None of these protests impacted my viewing experience. Good for them for using their platform in a positive way. Unfortunately they sparked no emotion for me at all (which is another problem). They're so common place right now that I'm just programmed to see the protest and move on. 

At the end of the day it has no impact on our lives well for some of us anyways. Never understood the rage people get from this stuff. They can take a sheet on the flag for all I care I'm not watching for that . I hate people find it necessary to tell you that they will not watch the game ever!! Ok, good for you who cares. Go be miserable

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

At the end of the day it has no impact on our lives well for some of us anyways. Never understood the rage people get from this stuff. They can take a sheet on the flag for all I care I'm not watching for that . I hate people find it necessary to tell you that they will not watch the game ever!! Ok, good for you who cares. Go be miserable

And then they come to the teams message board, say they didn't watch because of protests, then brag they were right about the Eagles losing.  Some real super fans we have these days.

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

There's a good portion of the US population that has gone completely crazy, on both sides. I'm chillin in the middle trying not to get caught in the cross fire. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

And then they come to the teams message board, say they didn't watch because of protests, then brag they were right about the Eagles losing.  Some real super fans we have these days.

I think I'm just getting tired of this board in general. To many cry babies, sucking the team and Wentzs nuts one minute and as soon as he or the team have one bad game they want everyone fired and were the worst team ever. The eagles have been more competitive then any other team the last 20 years not named the Patriots. It's exhausting to read the crap on here anymore. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think I'm just getting tired of this board in general. To many cry babies, sucking the team and Wentzs nuts one minute and as soon as he or the team have one bad game they want everyone fired and were the worst team ever. The eagles have been more competitive then any other team the last 20 years not named the Patriots. It's exhausting to read the crap on here anymore. 

Yea but doug should be fired right? 

• Haha 1

Just now, 20dawk4life said:

Yea but doug should be fired right? 

No not on that train yet. Although still don't know why he caters the offense to Foles but, makes Wentz throw non stop no matter what is going on. Reid did the same sheet with McNabb and balanced it out for back ups. 

• Like 1

It really makes me mad when American citizens decide to use their alienable rights to protest something they feel is unjust. Who the hell do they think they are?

Sports should go back to the like it was in the 60's when sports were sports and never veered into politics.

gettyimages-514865956_wide-ccd3469d73f3a

At the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City, American sprinters Tommie Smith and John Carlos had finished first and third in the 200-meter race. During the medal ceremony, they donned black gloves, bowed their heads, and each held a fist in the air as the national anthem was played.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:13 PM, downundermike said:

Props to both teams

It’s not their livelihoods they’re throwing away, right? Just that of the next generation of players.

Ratings are dropping while legalized gambling is exploding. That’s almost impossible.

On 9/14/2020 at 10:43 AM, BKLYNYG said:

I barely notice it anymore either. 

I do find it funny that the majority of the people I know personally who are "boycotting" the NFL never really watched football, or sports for that matter, in the first place. They post all over Facebook about not watching, and it comes across as a big "look at me" thing.

• Like 1