Was the team we saw the first 28 minutes a championship contender?

JP HOF

Champions of illusion maybe. They showed a trick in the first 28 minutes, then gave up the ghost in the final 32 minutes.  

No. You just saw the flip of last seasons games. They started slow and ended fast. This year it looks like they want to flip it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JP HOF said:

I believe they were.  Somehow now they are not.

Against a Redskins team that didn't have a preseason and needed to make adjustments, sure.

I thought they were, yes. We were moving the ball at will with a tattered OL. The defense was shutdown. We were taking it to a division rival and playing like it mattered, which it did, regardless of how bad they are.

I also had this nagging feeling that it was not sustainable after Washington scored. 

And when Wentz started piling up sacks, I realized that this team is just not very good and it starts with the QB.

3 hours ago, JP HOF said:

I believe they were.  Somehow now they are not.

Championship contenders know to play the other 32 minutes too.  

Is this OP mathisgone? Cause he starts threads at an alarming rate and offers no substance 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

I thonk the topic is pertinent, do you not?

I’m not sure what to thonk.  

• Haha 1

Just now, time2rock said:

I’m not sure what to thonk.  

An explanation of why he thonks that way would be helpful for the discussion. 

• Haha 1

With this horrible O line, maybe we win at home vs Cinn and our 3 division games. I have us losing the rest. Herbig, Driscoll, Mailata, Opeta isn't going to cut it. 4-12. Maybe 3-13 or 5-11 if we win one on the road. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

How did this board get polluted by dunces already?

Hey!  I resemble that remark!  

2 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

It was nice to see the offense start fast at least..........so that's one positive from the game.

True cause they have been historically bad starting off games the last few years. Maybe they can combine that now

3 hours ago, VeeMak said:

Championship Team?  Did we sign Nick Foles?

Wentz to Chicago for Foles a 1st and a 3rd? 

• Thanks 1

What the 1st half was - was smoke and mirrors. Even though up 17-0, with an inexperienced OL, There were already 3 or 4 sacks, and at least 3 1st downs were obtained from hard counts which draw the TFT offside. I will say that the Defense played OK... In addition. I know that The Eagles converted a 3 and 22. but this is against one of the worst teams in the league. So no not that team ,and also half the team that should have been out there was injured before the game. I did see that DJ saved a TD by scooting back to tackle after that 1st Wentz INT. The team that we saw for the last 32 mins could be the reality... That is unless the injured players can come back and reinforce the team... So not a lot to look forward to at this point.... It could change, but it doesn't look good right this minute...

On 9/14/2020 at 11:53 AM, EazyEaglez said:

No. You just saw the flip of last seasons games. They started slow and ended fast. This year it looks like they want to flip it. 

Out of the 2 scenarios I think I would prefer last years game progression. At least there was some hope at the end of most games because we knew they hadn't played their best. Sundays game you knew they blew their load in the first half.

I honestly don't think we'll see another game that bad in a while. We will lose some more games but it'll simply be due to other teams being better rather than us falling apart 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, devpool said:

Out of the 2 scenarios I think I would prefer last years game progression. At least there was some hope at the end of most games because we knew they hadn't played their best. Sundays game you knew they blew their load in the first half.

I honestly don't think we'll see another game that bad in a while. We will lose some more games but it'll simply be due to other teams being better rather than us falling apart 

Even games lost it’s not like I felt the Eagles didn’t fight. This game it was like they just quit. Once Wentz threw that first pick everyone was like uh oh! They weren’t right from that moment on. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Even games lost it’s not like I felt the Eagles didn’t fight. This game it was like they just quit. Once Wentz threw that first pick everyone was like uh oh! They weren’t right from that moment on. 

The signs were there before though. On one of the drives I think I read there were 3 sacks? It was only the huge play to Reagor that bailed them out on the FG drive. And that was like 3rd and 20?

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 4:37 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Is this OP mathisgone? Cause he starts threads at an alarming rate and offers no substance 

I’m hoping izdum gets back on somehow.