I am not worried one bit...

Portyansky

I rather put up a stinker early on and get it corrected than late in the season. Divisional games are always hard, very rarely are they blow outs. Yes 17 point lead, yes Wentz pooped the bed. Our D looked better. I feel Reagor will get more looks his way not just deep throws. We need to weather this early injury storm and we will be rolling. Getting so overemotional so early in the season doesn't make sense (even though for some of you I understand).

We got this!

Fly Eagles Fly!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It’s football. We’re fanatics. Overreacting is kind of what we do. I’m sure if they beat the Rams some people will be declaring them SB champs. Nevertheless this coaching staff has a lot of work to do and the need to figure how to maintain the offense they ran the first part of the game. Someone needs to teach their quarterback how to get rid of the darn ball when the play is dead. 

• Like 6

I want to be optimistic. The Eagles started out short-handed by injuries. They still took an early lead. Then they got overwhelmed by more injuries during the game and it got away from them. Once the gang comes back all will be good.... The realist in me is thinking all of these injuries doesn't bode well. They may never be playing at full strength.

• Like 1

I want to be optimistic but I think we have to do that in a different way. 

We can be optimistic about things that we see this year. About players that may develop as a result of play time. 

I just don't think we can be optimistic in terms of a deep run or even play off football. 

Howie said it wasn't a rebuild but I'm sorry it needs a rebuild. Lots of older players need to be moved on. Lots of new talent needs to be brought in. 

So this year I'm looking for those younger players who can produce and can be a part of hopefully a new competitive team in a couple of years. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We can be optimistic about things that we see this year. About players that may develop as a result of play time. 

I just don't think we can be optimistic in terms of a deep run or even play off football. 

Howie said it wasn't a rebuild but I'm sorry it needs a rebuild. Lots of older players need to be moved on. Lots of new talent needs to be brought in. 

So this year I'm looking for those younger players who can produce and can be a part of hopefully a new competitive team in a couple of years. 

Think what we did last season... If Wentz didn't get injured against Sea, no doubt in my mind we win that game. Following week, Djax was expected to return.

We are better and more healthy than last year. We will be put it all together once we get our guys back. Sanders, Lane, Alshon etc. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

One person in particular I would LOVE to see move on (as much as I have loved the guy) is Jason Peters....it was time to go three years ago....

• Like 3

Just now, Portyansky said:

Think what we did last season... If Wentz didn't get injured against Sea, no doubt in my mind we win that game. Following week, Djax was expected to return.

We are better and more healthy than last year. We will be put it all together once we get our guys back. Sanders, Lane, Alshon etc. 

Are we more healthy? Are we better?

We already have several key guys out. A few on IR. And we've played one game. We didn't even have preseason games so I'm not sure we are healthier. 

DeSean went out on Sunday and not sure what was going on there. Wouldn't be surprised if he's banged up. 

The OL is shocking and the depth is just not there. So I'm not sure how we can say we are better and healthier. 

We are older that's for sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GeorgeM37 said:

One person in particular I would LOVE to see move on (as much as I have loved the guy) is Jason Peters....it was time to go three years ago....

It was but then I kind of feel like right now we are lucky to have him given what happened to Dillard...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Are we more healthy? Are we better?

We already have several key guys out. A few on IR. And we've played one game. We didn't even have preseason games so I'm not sure we are healthier. 

DeSean went out on Sunday and not sure what was going on there. Wouldn't be surprised if he's banged up. 

The OL is shocking and the depth is just not there. So I'm not sure how we can say we are better and healthier. 

We are older that's for sure. 

And gonna be lil older by wk 2, this can get ugly fast

1 hour ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Imagine if he wasn't here.... Who would be playing LT?

I'm  worried about the OL and RB depth personally. We are thin there. I don't think Clement has the explosiveness back. Hope it recovers. And we know the issues with the OL. Hope Lane Johnson makes it back soon. Oh... and Wentz is a turnover machine. I think it's time to just accept it.

6 minutes ago, judunno said:

I'm  worried about the OL and RB depth personally. We are thin there. I don't think Clement has the explosiveness back. Hope it recovers. And we know the issues with the OL. Hope Lane Johnson makes it back soon. Oh... and Wentz is a turnover machine. I think it's time to just accept it.

Yeah.  I just dont get it.  He has a great TD/Int ratio but his issue is fumbling and thats from the fact that he does not know how to take a sack correctly.  Either you throw it away before contact or if you are going to take a sack, hold and protect the ball with both hands.  His issue is he is trying to make a play when he is getting sacked hence the fumbles.  I'm not sure in year 5 hes suddenly going to change hence he will always be a fumbling machine which is just sad

16 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Yeah.  I just dont get it.  He has a great TD/Int ratio but his issue is fumbling and thats from the fact that he does not know how to take a sack correctly.  Either you throw it away before contact or if you are going to take a sack, hold and protect the ball with both hands.  His issue is he is trying to make a play when he is getting sacked hence the fumbles.  I'm not sure in year 5 hes suddenly going to change hence he will always be a fumbling machine which is just sad

Yeah. He still doesn't know when to give up on a play and live another down. There's a very fine line because he has been successful as a play maker in the past. One could argue that this has also led to his injuries. He should have enough play makers at the skill positions to not have to run around like he does. Sanders being out didn't help at all though. Typically the way Carson is playing is reserved for QBs who don't have the skillset around him so they have to make plays by extending plays. But he has some pretty good studs at TE and some pretty reliable receivers as well. He has to protect himself and the ball better. Where have I heard this before? I'm not too upset about the INTs. I think as the season goes on that improves and his chemistry with the rooks eliminates those plays. (The rooks have to come back harder for the ball to at least break those up). But the fumbles to your point... man it's bad.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It was but then I kind of feel like right now we are lucky to have him given what happened to Dillard...

Honestly he was pretty bad on Sunday. It wouldn’t have taken much to replace that crap performance if they had gone a different route in free agency. 

And this after he had the audacity to demand a raise. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nipples said:

Honestly he was pretty bad on Sunday. It wouldn’t have taken much to replace that crap performance if they had gone a different route in free agency. 

And this after he had the audacity to demand a raise. 

I don't think he was that bad... Nor do I think he was particularly good either. And given they apparently gave him extra to move back to LT that's a pretty crappy situation.

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

Imagine if he wasn't here.... Who would be playing LT?

I get that point, trust me but....he has steadily declined for the past 5 years.....but I get your point

30 minutes ago, judunno said:

Yeah. He still doesn't know when to give up on a play and live another down. There's a very fine line because he has been successful as a play maker in the past. One could argue that this has also led to his injuries. He should have enough play makers at the skill positions to not have to run around like he does. Sanders being out didn't help at all though. Typically the way Carson is playing is reserved for QBs who don't have the skillset around him so they have to make plays by extending plays. But he has some pretty good studs at TE and some pretty reliable receivers as well. He has to protect himself and the ball better. Where have I heard this before? I'm not too upset about the INTs. I think as the season goes on that improves and his chemistry with the rooks eliminates those plays. (The rooks have to come back harder for the ball to at least break those up). But the fumbles to your point... man it's bad.

He just needs to get better.  I would be curious how D. Jones this year with fumbling.  He was really bad last year but last night when he was getting sacked I saw he was making a conscious decision to hold on to the ball with both hands.   With Wentz its always been his problem.  if you go back and see his interaction with John Gruden before the draft, Gruden told him to hold on to the ball with two hands... 4 years later nothing has changed which defies logic to me

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think he was that bad... Nor do I think he was particularly good either. And given they apparently gave him extra to move back to LT that's a pretty crappy situation.

Eh, I thought he was bad. It just wasn’t as noticeable because there were issues on the other side too. 

10 hours ago, nipples said:

Eh, I thought he was bad. It just wasn’t as noticeable because there were issues on the other side too. 

I don't think he gave up a sack? Well by the stats he did but that one wasn't his fault. It was Scott who pushed Young to the inside and in to Carson's lap. 

14 hours ago, manz2821 said:

He just needs to get better.  I would be curious how D. Jones this year with fumbling.  He was really bad last year but last night when he was getting sacked I saw he was making a conscious decision to hold on to the ball with both hands.   With Wentz its always been his problem.  if you go back and see his interaction with John Gruden before the draft, Gruden told him to hold on to the ball with two hands... 4 years later nothing has changed which defies logic to me

And yet, people keep telling us how smart Wentz is.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Wentz worst performance of the season was the regular season game against Seattle when he turned it over 4 times, I don't understand the optimism of people saying if he didn't get injured in the play off we win. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s football. We’re fanatics. Overreacting is kind of what we do. I’m sure if they beat the Rams some people will be declaring them SB champs. Nevertheless this coaching staff has a lot of work to do and the need to figure how to maintain the offense they ran the first part of the game. Someone needs to teach their quarterback how to get rid of the darn ball when the play is dead. 

Teach QB how to throw the ball away??!??!!! After 5 years of telling him the same thing already!! Are you kidding me. That is the lesson they teach you in the first month of year 1. Wentz is regressing, and even if the first game is not indicative of the rest of the season..the kind of mistakes he made...put him firmly out of Elite QB club. I remember many QBs who, once surrounded with a poor offensive line, just loose it. They shrivel, are not looking for receivers, and fall down with the ball...Oh wait! this is exactly what Wentz did.

I was listening to the Kist & Solak pod yesterday and they made a point about Wentz against pressure. 

Everyone thinks he's great against pressure. In actual fact he's not. He doesn't manage a collapsed pocket at all. He just makes jaw dropping plays that makes everyone think he's great against pressure. 

29 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Teach QB how to throw the ball away??!??!!! After 5 years of telling him the same thing already!! Are you kidding me. That is the lesson they teach you in the first month of year 1. Wentz is regressing, and even if the first game is not indicative of the rest of the season..the kind of mistakes he made...put him firmly out of Elite QB club. I remember many QBs who, once surrounded with a poor offensive line, just loose it. They shrivel, are not looking for receivers, and fall down with the ball...Oh wait! this is exactly what Wentz did.

It reminds me of how Mike Vick just couldn’t or wouldn’t slide (which is another Wentz failing) and he would make reckless plays that looked dazzling at times, but would ultimately lead to him being injured. The Eagles can’t win anything of significance with this current form of Carson, and if he can’t find a way to change he’s going to be out of the league in a few years from all of his complied injuries. 

• Like 4