More Ward. Dump JJ!!

Portyansky

How quickly DP forgot what kind of impact Ward had last year. Its mind numbing. Him and Wentz had great chemistry and all Ward does is catch balls!!

JJAW should be no where near the field. Rather go with Reagor, Djax, Ward, Hightower (Till Alshon returns, but who knows)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

How quickly DP forgot what kind of impact Ward had last year. Its mind numbing. Him and Wentz had great chemistry and all Ward does is catch balls!!

JJAW should be no where near the field. Rather go with Reagor, Djax, Ward, Hightower (Till Alshon returns, but who knows)

What has Hightower done to deserve more playing time? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

When healthy I think Quez will be a better option than Hightower.

9 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Give him the same opportunity JJAW has. Then we will see. JJAW might as well be one of those cardboard cutouts in the stands.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

When healthy I think Quez will be a better option than Hightower.

Maybe. Maybe both guys will eventually be great. Maybe even JJAW will prove to be better than people think he is. Right now, we don't really know. All I know is that somebody better make a play if they get a legit chance or Jeffery better come back soon. Wentz hasn't looked comfortable since Jeffery has been missing.

2 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Give him the same opportunity JJAW has. Then we will see. JJAW might as well be one of those cardboard cutouts in the stands.

He was given the same opportunity as JJAW last week and didn't make anything of it.

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

He was given the same opportunity as JJAW last week and didn't make anything of it.

You're comparing a rookie v a 2nd year player. In fact I believe they had almost even snaps and Hightower was targeted more, that right there tells you that he is getting some kind of separation that Wentz decided to go to him. But Ward has been the biggest mystery. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Maybe. Maybe both guys will eventually be great. Maybe even JJAW will prove to be better than people think he is. Right now, we don't really know. All I know is that somebody better make a play if they get a legit chance or Jeffery better come back soon. Wentz hasn't looked comfortable since Jeffery has been missing.

Last week - sure they had the same opportunity. It was also Hightower’s 1st opportunity in the NFL and JJAAW’s 10th it 15th opportunity. The only thing consistent about JJAW’s game at this point is not being able to seperate and continuously proving he doesn’t belong in the NFL. I hope to hell he improves fast but all early signs point to an absolute waste of a 2nd round pick

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Who has been playing in the slot then?

Wards been playing, but he’s not getting touches, because Carson’s not looking his way and when he does he’s flat out missing him. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wards been playing, but he’s not getting touches, because Carson’s not looking his way and when he does he’s flat out missing him. 

To be fair... Carson is flat out missing a lot of people.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

To be fair... Carson is flat out missing a lot of people.

I know, and that’s why we can’t really say "what happened to using Ward?” If this stuff keeps up it will only be a matter of time before you see a blowup on the sidelines. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ward only played 13 snaps yesterday. Not sure how many of those were passing plays or running plays, but 13 snaps for the guy who has proven to be a sure handed option who can move the chains is unacceptable. 

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

Ward only played 13 snaps yesterday. Not sure how many of those were passing plays or running plays, but 13 snaps for the guy who has proven to be a sure handed option who can move the chains is unacceptable. 

It didn’t even look like they targeted him when he was out there and even last week when they did the quarterback missed him. I’d rather see Ward than JJAW, but the don’t play the same position. 13 snaps for Ward is low. Maybe he’s fallen out of favor by the coaching staff. Maybe Doug is trying to drive home a point to the FO? Stop giving me lemons like JJAW with your picks. 

Just now, time2rock said:

Just curious, how many targets did JJAW have?

Only 2

Just now, time2rock said:

Just curious, how many targets did JJAW have?

Two by my count. One that he dropped (not a great pass but very catchable) and the interception which was a horrid decision/throw. Other than those plays he was invisible.  Hopefully they see that and give Hightower more time next week. One tough game, in his first ever playing time in the NFL, and they basically take him off the field entirely for week two. Yet they keep giving JJAW chances despite 18 games worth of sucking.  

36 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I know, and that’s why we can’t really say "what happened to using Ward?” If this stuff keeps up it will only be a matter of time before you see a blowup on the sidelines. 

Perhaps there will be. I'm not sure it will get to that point. I don't think this team are going to air their dirty laundry on the sidelines. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Perhaps there will be. I'm not sure it will get to that point. I don't think this team are going to air their dirty laundry on the sidelines. 

You already see Jackson making gestures and he does look frustrated. They’re stretches in the game where they don’t even use him. 

As I said in the game day thread, it doesn't matter if it's a good pass or bad nothing good happens when the ball is thrown to JJAW.

Reminds me a lot of Josh Huff in that regard.

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

Two by my count. One that he dropped (not a great pass but very catchable) and the interception which was a horrid decision/throw. Other than those plays he was invisible.  Hopefully they see that and give Hightower more time next week. One tough game, in his first ever playing time in the NFL, and they basically take him off the field entirely for week two. Yet they keep giving JJAW chances despite 18 games worth of sucking.  

Maybe Wentz has no trust in him?  Not a fan of JJAW in any way but kinda hard to fault JJAW for his lack of producing he isn’t getting any balls thrown his way (unless he just isn’t getting open).  

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Maybe Wentz has no trust in him?  Not a fan of JJAW in any way but kinda hard to fault JJAW for his lack of producing he isn’t getting any balls thrown his way (unless he just isn’t getting open).  

Wentz tried to force one to him yesterday... No idea why!

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You already see Jackson making gestures and he does look frustrated. They’re stretches in the game where they don’t even use him. 

And at the start of the 3rd we were moving that ball nicely when Djax was involved. He should be frustrated. He deserves to be more involved. There are other ways to use his speed.

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wentz tried to force one to him yesterday... No idea why!

Yeah that was yet another really bad decision by Wentz.  Rookies are playing smarter ball than he is.