Trevor Lawrence (Clemson QB) -- DRAFTED BY JACKSONVILLE #1

Godfather

24 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Nobody is perfect, but his accuracy, especially when it counts, is usually top shelf.

Oh yea no doubt. He’s an all time great but even he struggled with crap WRs. 

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well perhaps not. He's a lot better than Wentz is and ever will be unfortunately. 

Most likely true. But all, well most, great QBs need a great wr or two. There’s only one Brady. 

23 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Oh yea no doubt. He’s an all time great but even he struggled with crap WRs. 

Most likely true. But all, well most, great QBs need a great wr or two. There’s only one Brady. 

You have to win with absolutely no talent around you that's the only way you are great. 

What are we the Philadelphia Browns? Trade a ton of picks for Wentz, sign him to a mega deal, then draft Jalen Hurts in the 2nd round and then draft Lawrence the following year.

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2020 at 11:53 AM, RastaPasta said:

I don't think it would happen, but I do think at this point, we have a good chance at a top 5 pick. If the Eagles didn't go QB, who would you want?

I'm thinking Penei Sewell or Ja'Marr Chase

F the Pac 12. I'd rather pick a 5th ranked OT from the SEC.

On 9/25/2020 at 8:06 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Cards took a QB #10th overall and turned around the next year and drafted Murray. You think they regret that right now?

True but a new coach came in as well.  I would think Doug would have to get fired and the new coach have zero interest in Carson. 

11 hours ago, TheCorpseGroom said:

True but a new coach came in as well.  I would think Doug would have to get fired and the new coach have zero interest in Carson. 

I mean is that just an outlandish thought right now?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2020 at 4:37 PM, Road to Victory said:

What are we the Philadelphia Browns? Trade a ton of picks for Wentz, sign him to a mega deal, then draft Jalen Hurts in the 2nd round and then draft Lawrence the following year.

LOL. We wish we were the Browns this year. But your point is well taken.

Wentz is signed for how many more years? And we already have two other QBs if we want to bench our prize pig.
(And if we keep losing, at some point it would help to see what Hurts would do as the starter, no?)

Is Lawrence really what we want? Yes, he's dazzling. But how long will he sparkle in the NFL?
Like Wentz, he loves showing off how tough he is, preferring to charge headlong into his tacklers.

How about we wait to draft another QB until Wentz's contract is just about up?

If Trevor Lawrence makes it to the championship this year he might lose it again, this time to Alabama,
whose sophomore QB Mac Jones looks IMHO to be a better candidate for NFL success.

And the unranked Missouri Tigers just upset champion LSU thanks to their freshman QB
Connor Bazelak, who did everything the big star college QBs are being lauded for, without
the supporting cast those guys have, and he didn't even come close to throwing a pick.
Against LSU he made lightning quick decisions and beautiful accurate throws.
He might be the next best thing to come out of Ohio since Joe Burrow.

Of course it's way too early to bet the house on either, but it would be wise to keep an eye on them,
as well as on Myles Brennan and other promising young prospects who are NOT RUNNING QBs.
If we want that, we have Hurts eagerly waiting in the wings.

Meanwhile with the schedule we're facing, it would take a miracle to go anywhere this year.
And next year will hopefully be better, but we have a lot to rebuild into a championship team.

Let's use our draft picks to fill an immediate need with long term impact, like a top CB or WR.
Or trade for high future picks with an eye to grabbing a great QB down the line.

Patience is a virtue. Especially when rebuilding a broken team.
Plugging Trevor Lawrence into this team won't do it.
It's like putting Burrow on the Bengals. If they don't
build a solid team around him, it'll be a waste.

• Like 1

Dude was getting his arse kicked saturday vs Miami. I'm not sold on him at the NFL level because Clemson always puts up numbers but he looked tough enough. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Dude was getting his arse kicked saturday vs Miami. I'm not sold on him at the NFL level because Clemson always puts up numbers but he looked tough enough. 

I'm right there with you. I'm not sold on Lawrence at all. 

On 10/12/2020 at 1:35 PM, 20dawk4life said:

Yep. IMO he’s one of those guys that looks great in college playing for a powerhouse of a program, but don’t see that translating to NFL success. 

On 9/24/2020 at 12:20 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Funnily enough that's my opinion too. Again I could be wrong, I often am, but I would go with Fields over Lawrence. 

Why go after a College QB at all....most don’t pan out; obviously 🙄 why not trade for a veteran or established QB in the league?

Sunshine is gonna bust. 

21 hours ago, Godfather said:

5 tds in the first half

Georgia Tech

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Sunshine is gonna bust. 

Georgia Tech

:rolleyes:

On 10/17/2020 at 7:29 PM, Godfather said:

5 tds in the first half

Not bad... Not bad at all really. I still am not convinced by him though. 

• 2 weeks later...

TL might end up on the Giants. If Daniel Jones keeps stinking it up
they might end up with the one win they've pocketed. 

Meanwhile the Jets face the Pats this week and might get their second win.