Challenger series Netflix

DBW

Limited series/documentary about the challenger.  Thought it was well done and provided information that I never knew or had forgotten since I was like 9 at the time.  I’d Recommend it to all.  

On 9/25/2020 at 6:46 PM, DBW said:

Limited series/documentary about the challenger.  Thought it was well done and provided information that I never knew or had forgotten since I was like 9 at the time.  I’d Recommend it to all.  

I added it to my play list a few weeks ago (before it was released), but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. 

I remember it as well, though I was (almost) 17 when it happened. I had stayed home from school that day, if I remember, because my class ring was due to arrive at the house in the mail and I had to sign for it and our mailman always came around noon. Someone else could have signed for it, but any excuse to sleep in on a school day... lol

My father woke me up and told me that it had exploded, killing the teacher and everyone else onboard. Total shock.

About 6 months later, he woke me up like that again (this time during the summer), to tell me that Len Bias (University of Maryland Basketball player) had died (the day after being drafted 2nd overall, by the Celtics). Bias was my favorite player and Maryland was (and still is) my favorite basketball team.

I watched the first episode.  Good stuff.  I was 8 at the time and remember watching it live on TV when it happened, home from school for a snow day.  Then calling my mom at work to tell her and hearing her coworkers crying.  

Wife told me about this last week. I plan to start watching it over the weekend. I was only 10 at the time. Didn’t see it live, but obviously it was talked about. 

• 2 weeks later...

I finished watching this, last night. I don't think I saw anything in it that I didn't already know (I'm a NASA nut, with Apollo being a lifelong 'obsession' of sorts lol). One thing that I didn't know (or if I did but had forgotten) was that Ralphie was at the launch and that before the accident, he thought that he might potentially be the first kid in space.