Terrace Marshall Jr. (LSU WR) -- DRAFTED BY CAROLINA #59

Godfather

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ahh ok I see what you are doing now. I actually understood all of that lol. I'll wait till after the draft and dig into the player chosen to get a better idea on if I think the eagles made a good choice or not. 

I should actually take the time to do that before the draft because I'm a junky when it comes to this kind of stuff. 

I'm glad you did, because not many would. I finally got Twitter. Not tweeting much, but again, I've never watched this much film. Ever. Just watched Kelvin Joseph for over 80 minutes. Just his plays. My god I have to be careful because he's my style. That's why I'm not putting my notes on my website like Tommy does. I don't write notes like he does. Mine are reactionary. His are form. I write things like, "if you don't start blocking with your hands I'll turn this damn tape off and move onto someone who will", just to remind me of the 1 to 10 anger I was feeling. 🤣

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, stinkfist said:

As I'm putting rankings up on the site, I'm really having trouble not putting Bateman as my 3rd overall WR. Gives me Keenan Allen/Demaryius Thomas vibes. 

As I was looking at some prospects, there are alot of good safeties. Do you view this as a year primed for a double dip at safety?

4 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

As I was looking at some prospects, there are alot of good safeties. Do you view this as a year primed for a double dip at safety?

They could definitely double dip. If I'm double dipping, I want to go free and strong obviously. The value is free for me, so there are three guys I specifically like in Moehrig, Grant Tyree Gillespie who is not getting love. 

Then you have guys that CAN play free, but I think ideally they're guys you want in a tweener role with free/strong/specialty responsibilities. That's Nasiriladean and Washington for me so far. 

Then you've got strong safeties to me in guys like Cisco, Ford and Holland. If someone can show me on film - not highlights - what Jevon Holland does well I'd love it. I've watched four games and just quit. Not going to get into it here, but Oregon just kind of tosses him on the hash and has him ... roam? Weird. 

I'd double dip. Plenty more safeties I need to watch. You need to get one of those early guys though. I don't think you HAVE to double dip though. I think you HAVE to get one of the first guys for my tastes. 

Moehrig and Grant are such high valued targets for me that it's insane. 

• Like 1

RE: Film vs. Miss St.

His breaks are not crisp at all.

He lacks quickness. Speed is fine, but he has no agility.

His blocking is AWFUL. Like, backup 5'4" 140lbs running back awful. Seen better blocking in high school. 

He's going to slip IMO. Top-80 player, but I don't see him top 50.

4 hours ago, IFB DOG said:

RE: Film vs. Miss St.

His breaks are not crisp at all.

He lacks quickness. Speed is fine, but he has no agility.

His blocking is AWFUL. Like, backup 5'4" 140lbs running back awful. Seen better blocking in high school. 

He's going to slip IMO. Top-80 player, but I don't see him top 50.

Hmm it'll be interesting to see if he does slip for this reason. Especially if his blocking is consistently this poor throughout many games.

My hope is the Eagles come away with one of Devonta Smith, JaMarr Chase, or even Kyle Pitts at 6 so we don't have to rely on a 2nd or 3rd round pick as our primary receiving target. Then again, things could get crazy in the top 5, such as Penei Sewell falling to 6 if both WR go top 5. Do we really pass on Sewell even with Mailata showing promise? I doubt it, with our FO philosophy of building along the lines.

• 1 month later...